“A great place to stay before a morning flight”

Novotel Roissy CDG Convention & Spa
Ranked #5 of 31 Hotels in Roissy-en-France
Reviewed January 8, 2014

My wife and I stayed here at the end of our trip to Paris and then Avignon. We had originally intended to take a train from Avignon to CDG the day of our flight, since it was an afternoon flight, but were advised that this was a bad idea for an international flight. So we took a train to CDG the afternoon before our flight and booked a room at the Novotel Convention & Wellness hotel. In hindsight this was a great idea. We had been in France for nearly two weeks and were exhausted by this point, so we definitely didn't need the added stress of catching a long train ride from Avignon to CDG the day our flight left. Being able to relax and get a good night's sleep before our return flight was very helpful.

The first thing we immediately noticed upon arriving at the hotel was how updated and contemporary the decor was. The lobby was spacious, inviting, and clean. Compared to the "historic" 5-star hotel we stayed at in Avignon that was more than a little disappointing, this was a welcome sight. The checkin process was very quick and we were even upgraded to a deluxe room after signing up for the Acor Hotels rewards program (which is free). Our room was nice and clean. We loved having a Nespresso machine in the room.

After getting settled in, we were quite hungry, but it was only about 6 PM. Fortunately, the onsite restaurant and bar was open. We were able to order a decent meal for dinner. The prices weren't great, but were not nearly as astronomical as some other hotel restaurants I've been to. After a nice dinner, we checked in to our flights and printed our boarding passes on the computers provided in the lobby, and then settled in to watch some TV before going to bed. As I said, this was at the end of our trip and we had done enough walking in Paris in Avignon to make a quiet, lazy evening seem quite appealing. Had we felt a little more energetic, it would have been nice to visit the fitness center and pool.

Since we had an afternoon flight, I got a chance to walk into the town of Roissy-en-France the next morning before taking the airport shuttle. It's a cute little town and has some useful amenities such as a pharmacy, which can be useful for any unexpected, last-minute illness. One note about the airport shuttle: There is a schedule for the free shuttle to the airport, but it does not seem to be too accurate. I would advise planning to depart from the hotel early as to allow plenty of time for the irregularities in the shuttle schedule. We also waited over a half-hour at the airport for the shuttle to pick us up. Again, we had plenty of time to make our flight so we were not stressed. It was a little annoying though to have all your luggage and to have to wait on the shuttle for much longer than expected.

Overall this is a very nice and clean hotel and I would recommend it to anyone at the end of their trip. As a quick Google Maps search will reveal, it is located near the CDG airport but not the city of Paris, so I wouldn't recommend this as a place to explore Paris. The staff are helpful, the amenities are nice, and the location is great. The only possible complaint would be that my wife and I found the bed to be a little too firm.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank NicolasM807
Dominique G, Directeur général at Novotel Roissy CDG Convention & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded January 9, 2014

Dear "Nicolas M",
thank you very much for your detailed comments which I read carefully. It was a very good idea to stay at Charles de Gaulle to end up your trip in France :-) and we thank you for choosing our hotel and for joining our Loyalty Program. I am very happy to see that you liked our hotel and would be very glad to welcome you and any of your friends in Novotel Convention & Wellness Roissy CDG.

Reviewed January 6, 2014

My family and I stayed at this hotel over new year as it has easy access to both EuroDisney and the centre of Paris. The Disney parks are around 25 minutes drive away and there's a free shuttle bus from the hotel to the airport where you can get the train into Paris.
I booked two rooms online but was unable to specify that they be next to each other, have baths and be non-smoking. I emailed the hotel after booking and received a prompt reply saying that there was no problem with any of my requests. In the meantime I emailed again to ask for more details about parking on-site as both the website I booked through and that of the hotel mention only that the parking is "payable" and I was a little uneasy about these vague charges. Despite replying promptly to my first mail, my request for information about parking was ignored.
When I checked in I was told that parking was free for the first three hours and was then charged at 2 euros per hour! Over the course of our three night stay that would amount to nearly 150 euros!! I understand why they were reluctant to pre warn me or publish these details on their website! Even the screen behind reception which shows the room rates doesn't mention parking charges, neither does the sign outside the hotel. The receptionist told me that the charges are displayed as you enter the car park but I never saw them and in any event that's no use whatever when booking online. Interestingly the Novotel literally 100m up the street charges 10 euros a day according to the sign outside the hotel but this Novotel will try and rip you off.
I was eventually able to negotiate a reduced parking rate of 12 euros a day but this initial experience coloured my whole view of the hotel which was otherwise very good.

As such I would give this hotel 4 stars if you're not parking there and only two if you are.

The rooms were spacious and the breakfasts as good a buffet as you'll find anywhere. The evening meal was satisfactory though the portions were quite small. The staff were generally helpful (except when discussing parking) and there are maps of Paris and details of the shuttle and train services available at reception.

1  Thank dingwam

Dear guest,
Thank you very much for taking the time and trouble to share your impressions about your recent stay in our hotel. I read very carefully all the detailed comments you wrote, particularly about the parking rates. First of all, I would like to apologize if the information about the parking rates was not precise enough. Please be assured that there is no intention of "ripping off" our clients! The maximum rate for 24h is 21€ and in case of 4 consecutive nights the rate would be 12€ per day.
I do hope that despite this misunderstanding, you will give us a chance to stay again in our hotel in the future.
Awaiting the pleasure of welcoming you on a next occasion,

Reviewed January 5, 2014

Conveniently located near airport with regular free shuttle bus to CDG. We stayed here for 3 nights as a base for a Disneyland and Paris trip. Clean, modern, bright hotel. Nice spa facility with pool, sauna, steam room, gym and beauty/therapy rooms. Spacious, quiet room with bath. e didn't like the mattress, both of us found it lumpy/uncomfortable. We ate there too on the 1st night and although portions not huge, it wasn't too pricey (captive audience) and service was prompt. The thing that I thought was great was the breakfast, it was a large dining area, so much choice, all freshly prepared and tasty, (no fighting over bread rolls) Pastries, cheeses, fruit, cereals, bread, hot breakfast, pancakes,good coffee - just about anything you might want. After the 1st day, I was genuinely looking forward to my breakfast the next day, Only warning is that the car park is chargeable and they sting you as obviously once you're there , there is nothing else you can do with your car. We complained so they gave usa reduced parking rate but was till 12 euro a day (should have been 24 euro per day!), which I think is a lot considering you have already paid a fair room rate plus taxes. Other than the parking fee, I would thoroughly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
Dominique G, Directeur général at Novotel Roissy CDG Convention & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded January 6, 2014

Dear "monicacurls",
thank you very much for taking the time and trouble to share your impressions of Novotel Convention & Wellness Roissy CDG. And thank you for the very details comments about your stay. I am very glad to realise that you liked our hotel, and that you would be very happy to recommend us. It is a real reward for my staff and I to make our clients happy!
Awaiting the pleasure of welcoming your on a next occasion or trip to Paris,

Reviewed January 2, 2014

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
5  Thank alex78_frankfurt
Dominique G, Directeur général at Novotel Roissy CDG Convention & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded January 3, 2014

Reviewed December 31, 2013

I have been in France for 3 months and the hotels I stayed at before moving to a B&B left much to be desired.
When we checked into Novotel, we were floored by the amazing service. We had been to 3 other Novotels trying to find the one with our reservation. We had 2 GPS's and neither had it. After many variations of directions we finally found it.
We drug ourselves and our 2 young children in almost trembling from the abusive day we'd already had (won't bore you with those details) but when we checked in we were greeted by Juliette. It is not possible that she could've been more helpful or kind. I travel the globe with my work and spend average of 9 months a year in hotel rooms and Juliette is the best I've dealt with. She acted as if we were at a B&B and she was the owner, very professional and hospitable.
The rest of the staff we dealt with were awesome too. Everyone spoke english and spoke it very well.
The shuttle was very efficient.
The food in the restaurant amazed my wife and I both, especially for a hotel restaurant.

We will definitely stay at a Novotel again.

1  Thank Kip B
Dominique G, Directeur général at Novotel Roissy CDG Convention & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded January 2, 2014

Dear "Kip B",
thank you very much for taking the time to share your impressions following your stay in our hotel. First of all, I am very glad that you could eventually find our hotel, otherwise you would have obviously missed something :-). It was a real pleasure to read your very kind comments about the way Juliette welcomed you, but also the other team members you had to deal with. I immediately shared your comments with my staff, so that they realise that their daily efforts are rewarded.
Again, thank you for sharing your experience of Novotel Convention & Wellness, especially the restaurant and the shuttle service.
And of course, we look forward to welcoming you back for your next stay in France!

Reviewed December 29, 2013

Very good hotel for stop-over.
Good service and very nice spa with indoor heated swimming pool, hammam, gym.
Bedroom quite spacious.
Excellent room facilities and comfortable bed. Good bathroom too.
Good breakfast too.
Kids corner with games and Xbox.
Free shuttle from all CDG terminals.
Excellent value for money. Will return whenever we need to make a stop-over in CDG.

1  Thank SgSling

Dear Guest,
thank you very much for sharing your detailed comments about Novotel Convention & Wellness. We are very happy to see that you liked our wellness club with its indoor heated swimming pool, hammam and gym, the comfort of the bedroom with its facilities and comfortable bed, the bathroom, the buffet breakfast, the kids area and the free shuttle service.
We will be delighted to welcome you back for your next stay in France, at the Paris Roissy Charles de Gaulle Aiport.

Reviewed December 27, 2013

We stayed here for one night upon arriving in Paris, before heading to Nice the following day. The room was comfortable and quiet. The spa/gym is lovely, and the massage we had was very nice. The restaurant, although small, was good, service and food both.
The room we wanted was not ready when we arrived, so the management bought us a drink in the bar while we waited (which was only 10-15 minutes). The shuttle to the airport was on time and ran frequently.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with friends

Dear guest,
we are very grateful that you took the time and trouble to review our hotel following your stay at Novotel Convention & Wellness Roissy CDG. It is good to see that you enjoyed your stay with us. Thank you very much for your comments about the comfort and quiteness of the room, the nice masage you had in our wellness club, the food quality in the restaurant and the service. I am also very happy to see that our duty manager had the good reaction to offer you a drink at the bar while waiting for your room to be ready to check in.
We look forward to welcoming you soon in our hotel!