My wife and I stayed here at the end of our trip to Paris and then Avignon. We had originally intended to take a train from Avignon to CDG the day of our flight, since it was an afternoon flight, but were advised that this was a bad idea for an international flight. So we took a train to CDG the afternoon before our flight and booked a room at the Novotel Convention & Wellness hotel. In hindsight this was a great idea. We had been in France for nearly two weeks and were exhausted by this point, so we definitely didn't need the added stress of catching a long train ride from Avignon to CDG the day our flight left. Being able to relax and get a good night's sleep before our return flight was very helpful.
The first thing we immediately noticed upon arriving at the hotel was how updated and contemporary the decor was. The lobby was spacious, inviting, and clean. Compared to the "historic" 5-star hotel we stayed at in Avignon that was more than a little disappointing, this was a welcome sight. The checkin process was very quick and we were even upgraded to a deluxe room after signing up for the Acor Hotels rewards program (which is free). Our room was nice and clean. We loved having a Nespresso machine in the room.
After getting settled in, we were quite hungry, but it was only about 6 PM. Fortunately, the onsite restaurant and bar was open. We were able to order a decent meal for dinner. The prices weren't great, but were not nearly as astronomical as some other hotel restaurants I've been to. After a nice dinner, we checked in to our flights and printed our boarding passes on the computers provided in the lobby, and then settled in to watch some TV before going to bed. As I said, this was at the end of our trip and we had done enough walking in Paris in Avignon to make a quiet, lazy evening seem quite appealing. Had we felt a little more energetic, it would have been nice to visit the fitness center and pool.
Since we had an afternoon flight, I got a chance to walk into the town of Roissy-en-France the next morning before taking the airport shuttle. It's a cute little town and has some useful amenities such as a pharmacy, which can be useful for any unexpected, last-minute illness. One note about the airport shuttle: There is a schedule for the free shuttle to the airport, but it does not seem to be too accurate. I would advise planning to depart from the hotel early as to allow plenty of time for the irregularities in the shuttle schedule. We also waited over a half-hour at the airport for the shuttle to pick us up. Again, we had plenty of time to make our flight so we were not stressed. It was a little annoying though to have all your luggage and to have to wait on the shuttle for much longer than expected.
Overall this is a very nice and clean hotel and I would recommend it to anyone at the end of their trip. As a quick Google Maps search will reveal, it is located near the CDG airport but not the city of Paris, so I wouldn't recommend this as a place to explore Paris. The staff are helpful, the amenities are nice, and the location is great. The only possible complaint would be that my wife and I found the bed to be a little too firm.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Novotel Convention and Wellness Roissy CDG is a 4 star hotel with 289 rooms located near Roissy CDG Airport, 25 km from Paris. Ideal for a business trip to Paris or for seminars and conferences with 1,200 sqm of space across 18 modular rooms. Relax in our Wellness Club, a 600 sqm spa centre with heated swimming pool, Turkish steam bath, sauna, gym, massages and beauty treatments. Contemporary and friendly, our Novotel Cafe will tempt you with its original and varied menu. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Priceline, Travelocity, Agoda, ACCOR, Ctrip TA, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Novotel Roissy CDG Convention & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Novotel Convention & Wellness Roissy Cdg Hotel Roissy
- Novotel Convention And Wellness Roissy Cdg
- Novotel Roissy
- Roissy Novotel