“Highly recommended”

Ranked #4 of 30 Hotels in Roissy-en-France
Lagos, Nigeria
“Highly recommended”
Reviewed December 17, 2013

This Novotel is very close to the airport which worked for us as we just came in from Spain and had another flight to the US on the next day.We arrived at the hotel around 1pm , while normal checkin time was 3pm, so we were surprised that our check in was quick ,hassle free and we could go to our room immediately. We had mixed feelings about this- happy that we did not need to start any discussions about an early check-in, but wondered if this was because the hotel was not a popular choice for travellers. Pleasant surprise!;our room was very nice - a one bedroom suite with 2 sofa-beds in the living room for the kids. The beds were very comfortable . Suite and towels were very clean.
Dinner was lovely- our waiters spoke good English and were very warm. The ice-cream was to die for.The kids had fun with the Mac computers and X box in the lobby. I even played a game with my daughter while waiting for the shuttle bus to the airport. The shuttle bus is free and comes every 15-20 minutes. If you are not sure of when your plane leaves (although I can't imagine that happening), the hotel has a screen in the lobby that shows a list of all flights leaving Paris on that day and their status. Wifi was insanely fast (the fastest I've experienced on all my travels).
Overall a wonderful experience and I would definitely recommend this hotel (if you want to stay close to the airport)

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank Wunmi1

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (49)
Hong Kong, China
Reviewed December 14, 2013

RECOMMENDED: This is a classic airport hotel, rooms are somewhat smaller, but functional good working area. Bath is small but similarly functional. Good lighting. The bed had a strange platform but was ultimately comfortable. Some room to room noise depending on the wall type (some are solid concrete, some not). All were in good working order and seemingly well maintained. Internet was free and of reasonable speed. Overall, hotel stay better than expected based upon reviews below.

On the downside, breakfast buffet was disappointing, not sure entirely why (can't give you a single reason) and expensive as well. The single self serve coffee machine can be crowded and dispenses powdered milk (ugh). Restaurant somewhat pricey and fairly limited menu. A short walk behind the hotel you will find a handful of restaurants to potentially select from (none were outstanding but some good).

No in-room irons and on busy business days, you may not be able to get an iron (order night before).

Take the GOLD shuttle from Roissy Pole or Terminal 2 Train station to the hotel. Travel time is 20 min TO hotel from Roissy Pole (and rides all over the place). Return trip somewhat faster. Shuttle runs ~ 3x per hour according to schedule.

Note: Most airport hotels don't have luggage porters to greet the bus so prepare to drag your luggage.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank roadwarrior30
Providence, Rhode Island
Reviewed December 14, 2013

This is the perfect place for anyone looking for a stay close to the airport. There is a free shuttle (the gold one) that runs from the terminal 2. Apparently there are 2 or 3 other novotels - so make sure you get the Convention and Wellness!

We got in late, so it was super convenient that the restaurant was open until 11pm. The food was actually delicious, and reasonably priced. Wifi was surprisingly fast. Overall our stay was great, but there were a couple of things that I did not appreciate. When we were checking in the front desk agent wasn't very helpful. He pretty much gave the keys to us and that was it. He didn't ask us if we needed the bus schedule to get back to the airport the next day, breakfast wasn't mentioned, the spa...He was busy chatting away with one of his coworkers, and staring at the girls at the bar- I kid you not. The next morning we made it to the little breakfast buffet, only basics. pastries, eggs, cereals, fruits and coffee. We only had 10minutes to eat because they take everything away at 11. We weren't given a bill or anything, which we thought was kind of weird. BUT when I went to check out we were billed. 28 US DOLLARS for a pastry and some fruit. since there were two of us it was 56 bucks. That definitely could have been advertised somewhere. If you're going to charge me an arm for breakfast someone better be making me an omelet and serving me coffee. Just eat at the airport. Other than that it was fine. Enjoy your stay!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank moreland2911
Orlando, Florida
Reviewed November 30, 2013

Accomodation was very good and wi-fi was perfect. Restaurant selection was scarced, excuse was that it was Sunday. I don't think that ii is a valid excuse for a hotel/convention center. In addition, the staff hardly spoke English. We had to go to a nearby new shopping mall to have dinner. Although the shopping mall is near you have to take a taxi to get there.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Gloucestershire
Reviewed November 25, 2013

I stayed at this hotel last week on a business trip, we were exhibiting at the nearby conference center. I have never been so disappointed with a 4 star hotel as I was with this hotel. The hotel is in a great location for the airport and the conference centre and only a ten minute walk in to Roissy, thats the only benefits of this hotel unfortunately. I checked in and went to my room and the key card didn't work, I went back to reception and my card was reissued, this unfortunately happened every day for the duration of my stay, not once did my card work when I returned to my room, the same thing also happened to all of my colleagues who were travelling with me, we had several rooms booked in this hotel.
When I came to unpack the only place to hang any clothes was an open sided lean to in the corner of the room with 5 hangers in it, no wardrobe?? There was a very small cupboard which I put some of my clothes in but the rest had to stay in the suitcase. There were no drawers??
The bed was really lumpy with foam filled pillows which were equally as lumpy, the combination of the two lead to 3 very poor nights sleep.Remember this is a 4 star hotel!
Breakfast was equally disappointing, the raw sausage which was served daily was definitely unapealing and the scrambled egg looked reminiscent of something the cat might have brought up. It's not hard to provide a decent breakfast. We also ate in the restaurant one evening, what a mistake, we wouldn't recommend it.
As this hotel is part of the Accor group I am shocked that this standard is allowed, as it is at the moment I would not return and would definately not recomend it to anyone.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
3 Thank No1Scribbler
Cobble Hill, Canada
Reviewed November 20, 2013

We were returning to Canada from Lyon and had an early morning flight so it made sense to stay right at CDG. The hotel shuttle was easy to find (Level 5) and convenient, both to and from the hotel. We decided to arrive earlier in the afternoon, take advantage of the nearby village of Roissy for a walk and for our last taste of France. It was a nice walk but we were too late for lunch and far too early for dinner. Roissy is a quaint little village, but not much there.
All of the hotel staff we interacted with were great – efficient, friendly and helpful. The room was clean, spacious with good wifi. We used the spa and found the steam room and pool very nice and afterwards took advantage of the relaxation room to cool down and to enjoy a cup of tea, which was provided. While I did not take advantage of the exercise room, it seemed to have all of the necessary equipment along with helpful staff. We did visit the restaurant for dinner and breakfast, both expensive but typical of airport hotels, especially Paris hotels. After spending a month in the Czech Republic and France, the “traditional” hamburger featured on the menu caught my attention, even if it was 16 Euros. And it was the TASTIEST HAMBURGER I HAVE EVER HAD! No, it didn’t come with “lots of stuff” (no cheese, bacon, mushrooms, onions), just a little sauce and a tomato, but the meat was tender and delicious. In the future, I will consider this hotel.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple