“Excellent hotel for last nigth”

Novotel Roissy CDG Convention & Spa
Ranked #5 of 31 Hotels in Roissy-en-France
Reviewed January 4, 2012

Excellent hotel for last night.
beautiful rooms (236 and 276), very comfortable, clean, free Nespresso in the room.
Nice people in the front desk.
Shuttle to the airport on time.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled with family

A TripAdvisor Member
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 4, 2012

Good for Family, good value for money.
I find the parking fees too expensive (€ 21.00 x day).
Location is not bad but the train ticket to go to Paris is also quite expensive.
Swimmingpool & fitness club and sauna very handy

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled with family
A TripAdvisor Member
Bavent,france
Reviewed January 3, 2012

The room was average, pillows uncomfortable as well as the mattress. The value for money was poor, we paid for the dinner bed and breakfast option but was only given a handful of items from the dinner menu to choose from. It would have been better to just pay for the night and dinner separately. There were very limited channels and no English TV channels and the wifi connection was very slow. The gym facilities were good as was the location from the airport so on this note I would recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 29, 2011

This review may be well overdue but as I always keep up with past hotels on TA could not believe some of the not so flattering reviews. It is well over 2 years since we stayed there both prior to and after a 4 week tour of Russia and South of France but both visits were
extremely comfortable and we definitely had no complaints with either staff, room service,
size of room or the unhelpfulness of the shuttle driver. Having read earlier reviews knew
exactly where to wait for shuttle after exiting customs and what was expected by us to use this shuttle. Putting our own luggage onto shuttle and retrieving them at your destination is no big deal and really not worthy of a complaint. On arrival at the hotel which I believe was preceded by a very pleasant drive from airport, there are trolleys available for your convenience to load, albeit, yourself and then can be taken up to your room and returned at a later time to reception. Once again, really no drama. We ourselves arrived very early in the morning and of course our room was not available, I tried, but rules are rules. This is probably my only concern about it being an airport hotel that early arrivals can not be accommodated without the purchase of an early checkin rate. We declined the offer has our deal via their website was less than the early checkin cost so just chose to reorganize ourselves, use their toilet facilities and head back on the shuttle to the airport and subsequent train into Paris where we spent the most fabulous day just walking everywhere, which believe me after a very long flight ex Melbourne was rather daunting at the beginning. On our return decided upon room service which arrived promptly, well presented and hot. Finally bed and slept very well, bed really comfortable but I probably would have slept just as well on the floor as I was so tired. Bathroom spotless with all necessary amenities and breakfast the following morning, a delight with so many options. On our return a month later, everything was as perfect as our first visit, once again no complaints and would not hesitate to return to this hotel on our next visit to Paris. Total convenience even though not right at airport, to me a bonus as less noise, shuttle was easy and prompt, service efficient and friendly and rooms very, very comfortable. A great alternative to an airline seat or airport departure lounge for 30 odd hours!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank dougalHorsham
Reviewed December 5, 2011

The hotel is quite close to the airport, so it is quite a good location especially for the Exhibition Center in Villepinte; you get the advantage of quick transfer.
Rooms are spacious but I was really missing sleepers and bathrobes. Did not get them even I have asked for them. The restaurant is OK, a little pricey for what it is, but still good. I would recommend the fish soup. Service is better at dinner time than lunch time.
The receptionists are warm and helpful. They have a spa and PlayStation in the lobby. Taxis are 30-40% more expensive on the way to the airport than from the airport, but you can get a free hotel shuttle.

Room Tip: Get a room towards the back of Hotel for a nice view over greens.
  • Stayed: December 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Manwhocomesaround
Reviewed December 1, 2011

I was at Novotel convention for a short family break to Paris in October. We had 2 rooms at executive level.

Starting from the reception and up to the bed you cannot find any visual problems. Entrance clean, large lobby, smiling staff, room very clean: pillow comfortable; water bottle for free; nothing under the bed from the previous guest and bathroom with the necessary things needed for a couple with 2 kids in the room. The second room was for 2 adults, big room but we had a feeling like the walls were empty. Where are the paintings or the decoration? The only bad part with that room was the view: a cemetery!. Staying near the airport and highway makes feel sometimes you are going to be disturbed with noise, but here you can really sleep quietly.

After a hard day at the near attractions we tried the room service. We went all together in one room to order. Menu was looking nice and healthy, but all the charm stops there! At the first call, the lady on the phone was taking like somebody coming from another planet! She was in a hurry, I had a feeling I am bothering her. And when I asked her that we would like to have Novotel club sandwich without a specific ingredient she bluntly said “not possible all is already done “. I had a feeling that sandwich is coming from a frozen thing already done ??? But after with insistence she accepted our request. We ordered like 4 plates (kids were already sleeping). All came up very quickly: fries not properly warm , 2 glasses ( but hey we are 4 adults !!! ), dishes not with a cover to keep warm, one dish seems to had less fries ( we all looked and had a big blast thinking the lady ate a few fries while she was coming up to our room ; and all the plates had a different look: 4 club sandwiches and 4 different sizes of bread ??? Hey are we missing something here, didn’t I see a 4* at the entrance????

Even after a disappointing dinner, we tried again on our last night the room service: And guess what, we went again for club sandwich! But this time, dish was with a cover, and again fries not warm…. Pffff. Ok so we know for next time I will think twice for the room service.
At breakfast, everybody working on the service was very nice, but they don’t guide you up to your table and of course nobody is also waiting at the entrance of the restaurant to assist you for a table. So you have to catch a guy on the way and ask to be seated. They don’t ask you if you want coffee or tea, you have to get all yourself in the self service. After a quick look on the food: very poor choice, and if you come in last 10-15mins of the service, all is more or less empty…

As a conclusion this Novotel needs seriously to improve the room service and I would say the food it’s providing. There is a big lack of presentation on the food side! It would be nice to hear a nice good morning at the restaurant from the staff at breakfast and a warm way to show your table. You have a comfortable room and clean. Parking is not free. And kids can play to a XBOX in the lobby. I noticed a nice thing near the play area they have point were you can find all kind of phone chargers in a tower to charge your phone if you forgot yours.

It was my 2nd stay here, and for the 2nd time I had a different opinion about the service of Novotel Convention Roissy.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled with family
PMARCHAND, Directeur général at Novotel Roissy CDG Convention & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded December 6, 2011

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your comments.
I am sorry and I apologize regarding the room service, we will check the situation with our F&B manager and will ameliorate the service.
Waiting to welcome you for your next stay in Roissy Airport.
Best regards.
Philippe MARCHAND - General Manager

Reviewed November 21, 2011

We would definitely use this hotel again. Don't let the bad reviews be your guide. My husband and I were there in mid-October and found this hotel to be VERY clean and new, our room was quite nice (so it's small - it's for sleeping people, not for entertaining guests) and the bed was very comfortable (I hate beds that are too hard - this one was just right). The hotel staff was courteous and the shuttle was on time to the second and filled up fast, so don't be late getting out there. The only downside, if you want to call it a downside, was the restaurant was quite full and there were only 2 waiters available. We had wait a very long time for anyone to even acknowledge we were there, then we had to ask for water and for refills on our wine. The menu had some very strange items on it that we guessed were designed to appeal to the British guests. Tasted good, it was just odd to have potato pancakes for your bun on a burger, and that was one of the least strange concoctions. The thing that had nothing to do with the hotel service was the shuttle driver was basically rude and unhelpful, but I've come to the conclusion that most bus drivers in and around Paris hate their jobs.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple
PMARCHAND, Directeur général at Novotel Roissy CDG Convention & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded November 24, 2011

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your comments, and for your trust.
I notice the problems with the shuttle and we try actually to ameliorate the service.
Waiting to welcome you.