“Very Charming Hotel”

Ranked #5 of 30 Hotels in Roissy-en-France
Omaha, Nebraska
“Very Charming Hotel”
Reviewed September 3, 2009

My husband and I spent one night here before our early flight from CDG. I was very pleased with the hotel. The grounds and entryway were very nicely kept . Someone has decided to maintain the hotel in a way not usually found in a typical airport hotel. You will find no "industrial warehouse" feel to this place.

Our room was quiet, large, and well-stocked with upscale bath products and linens. The concierge very kindly let me use his desk computer for free to try to print my boarding pass. The airline had fouled up my reservation, and the concierge did not want me to spend money at the public computers trying to untangle a lengthy mess.

The hotel is within strolling distance of the village of Roissy, a pretty and friendly French town. We ate at a brasserie called Le Village, just at the end of the little park leading from the hotel to the village. I highly recommend it for its excellent food and accomodating proprietors.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled as a couple
1 Thank MiaKay

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (123)
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
New Jersey
Reviewed September 3, 2009

We stayed at the Marriott for one night because we had a very early morning flight. Our only parameters were that it was clean and had a reliable airport shuttle, and the Marriott delivered. Although pricey, it was a good American-style hotel close to the airport. The staff was helpful and gave us a map of the area and airport, since we checked in, then took the RER back into Paris for dinner. They tell you the shuttle is free from the airport to the hotel, but 5 euro from the hotel to the airport, but we never had to pay.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled as a couple
Westlake Village, California
Reviewed September 1, 2009

Nice hotel option. I have stayed at the Sheraton at CDG before and was looking for a hotel for the night before our flight. I pricelined this one, and got it for a good deal. So I was willing to deal with the Shuttle--and it was really a nice surprise. The hotel does a good job of warming up a rather industrial exterior. Its quiet, from the windows and from hallway noise. Its beds are great--down pillows and pillow top mattresses. The toiletries are nice. The rooms are larger than normal, with a desk and chair. We pushed the furniture aside and played a card game with 5 of us--so its not a tight fit. Unfortunately, no free Wi-Fi (which for a hotel of this price range, it should be free--Residence Inns have free Wi-Fi for heavens sake). The business center also charges a hefty 8 euro an hour fee for their computers. In this wired world, free internet access buys a large amount of good-will for travelers.
The town of Roissy--which is a block walk through a charming park with fun placard photos of France and nice benches--offers some dining options that don't feel like your typical tourist eateries. I was thankful for some charm in the midst of the airport bustle. I would leave lots of time for the shuttle to CDG. Different buses go to different terminals at different times (the bus to terminal 2 goes every 15 minutes, the one to terminal 1 goes every 30 minutes, but they don't tell you this upon check-in, necessarily.). The buses charge 5 Euro per room, so don't expect free, and you can't walk to the airport. The staff was efficient and friendly, not pushy, but not necessarily thorough. They helped us with a phone call to a chocolate shop in Paris, and quite willingly. Overall, it was a great option for CDG and I would stay here again for a night.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled with family
2 Thank playquartets
California,USA
Reviewed July 25, 2009

I have been here for 1 week ( Company meeting). The room was clean ( I stayed at the executive level) with very good and fast internet connection (no wi-fi available in the room). We had dinners and lunches at the estaurant: the food is very good, the service...not very fast. Some of the hotel staff are completely useless but in general, they tried to satisfy your needs. The meeting rooms were clean and the food served during breaks was excellent.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled on business
Alabama
Reviewed May 2, 2009

We had to catch an early flight to the US and decided to stay here as it is close to the CDG airport. Purchased the room through Priceline. The room was excellent, my problem was with how they handle WiFi. I attempted to connect w/o success.

I called the desk and was told I could either pay 8 euros to turn it on for an hour or 19 euros for 24 hours. When I voiced a negative opinion to these options she told me I could come down, buy a 10 euro prepay card at the desk and have 60 minutes of connect time which would more than suite my needs until the next morning. I bought the card and returned to my room only to find it would not work. Returning to the desk I was now told the card would only work on the lobby computers, not in the room.

If they had communicated better with me it would have saved me several trips to the desk.

• Stayed April 2009
1 Thank bladebroker
Texas
Reviewed April 16, 2009

After two weeks in Europe staying at many Rick Steves' backdoor recommendations, we decided to move closer to CDG as our flight left early the next day. We also wanted a bit of a splurge. We took the RER to the airport and rode the free shuttle to the hotel. Immediately when entering it was a breath of fresh air. The entrance is grand. The staff was very nice and spoke English well. We were allowed to check in early. Our room was great. There were multiple English channels on the TV and the beds were very comfortable. We had 2 full size beds. The bath/shower was huge. Room service was great and came up within 25 minutes. The only drawback is that if you don't have your computer and you want to use the Business Center, it's 10 Euros for an hour card. There is complimentary coffee/tea in the morning by the elevator and a shuttle is available to the airport. I think it's 5 Euros per person, but the staff gave us complimentary tickets. Slept well and would recommend this place for sure.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled with friends
1 Thank CollectingMiles
Lancaster County, PA
Reviewed April 7, 2009

My husband and I stayed at this Marriott both on arriving and leaving France. I used my frequent stay guest points, but the starting rates are not bad and we really liked the hotel, so I wouldn't mind paying for a stay on another visit.

The hotel has very attractive public areas and typically nice Marriott rooms. The beds are super comfortable. The front desk staff speaks English and is very helpful and friendly. There is a frequent hotel shuttle bus that makes the rounds of nearby hotels on its way to and from the airport. Do be careful to allow plenty of time if you have a morning flight. When we were there, the shuttle was fairly crowded, and you might need to wait for the next run to get on. As I said, the trips are frequent, so this shouldn't really be a huge problem.

We didn't eat breakfast in the dining room but checked out the prices, and, as is typical for an airport hotel, it was expensive. However, we found that the McDonald's right in CDG airport (both Terminal 1 and Terminal 2 has one, I believe) had a nice deal if you don't mind fast food. For under 5 Euros you got orange juice, an Egg McMuffin, coffee, and three very small croissants - filling and delicious!

• Stayed April 2009, traveled as a couple
1 Thank patrema
Also consider these accommodations in or near Roissy-en-France
Pullman Paris Roissy CDG Airport
Pullman Paris Roissy CDG Airport
#1 of 30 in Roissy-en-France
Novotel Suites Paris Roissy CDG
Novotel Suites Paris Roissy CDG
#3 of 30 in Roissy-en-France
Hilton Paris Charles de Gaulle Airport
Hilton Paris Charles de Gaulle A...
#2 of 5 in Tremblay-En-France
Sheraton Paris Airport Hotel & Conference Centre
Sheraton Paris Airport Hotel & C...
#11 of 30 in Roissy-en-France
citizenM Paris Charles de Gaulle Airport
citizenM Paris Charles de Gaulle...
#1 of 5 in Tremblay-En-France
Ibis Styles Paris CDG Airport Roissy
Ibis Styles Paris CDG Airport Ro...
#2 of 30 in Roissy-en-France

Been to Paris Marriott Charles de Gaulle Airport Hotel? Share your experiences!