“Hugely overpriced, average hotel.”

Paris Marriott Charles de Gaulle Airport Hotel
Ranked #4 of 31 Hotels in Roissy-en-France
Reviewed June 23, 2013

If you want to pay 360+ Euros per night for average rooms, food and aesthetics, book here. If you want a place to rest before flying from CDG, there are many cheaper options. Everything here is ok, average, acceptable, but that's not good enough for a Marriott. The crazy prices (1200+ Euros for 3 nights) make this hotel, in my view, poor value. No water in the room (@ 405 Euros/night) either was very annoying. No A/C in lobby/bar area made it feel hot & stuffy. Slow food delivery EVERY meal draining.

• Stayed: June 2013
2  Thank jussafax

Reviewed June 22, 2013

I am beginning to wonder if I stayed at the same hotel as the other travelers on this site. I frequently travel and found this hotel very much up to par with other Marriott and large chain hotels, if not above par. I found the front desk staff to be welcoming, helpful and prompt. We ate both dinner and breakfast at the hotel and the food was excellent. Our room was clean, appeared to be recently updated and spacious. Finally we had no issues with early checkout, shuttles etc. Overall a great end to our French vacation and I would definitely return.

Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Kathryn M
Reviewed June 20, 2013 via mobile

I have stayed at this property in the past and I will say I was surprised to see the entire lobby area had been updated as well as the hallways.
Upon arrival I was met by a rather rude front desk staff as because I didn't speak French I seem to be un educated.
After finally getting my room I noticed how quickly the property spent all their money on the lobby and hallway carpet on their upgrades and nothing in the rooms.
The rooms are very boring and still circa 1980's decorated. If your arriving from and international flight you will not get any sleep. The shades allow excessive light in and the doors and walls are paper thin.
Please, please this hotel needs to also modernize its fitness center and put some modern equipment or equipment that actually works.
I did not eat at the hotel as the prices were absurd as
They can get away with this not being many choices in the area. But walk out the front door to the left and across the park your in the village of Roissy and there is plenty of food options such as 2 pizza parlors, sushi and 3 other places that have American and French food.
In all I stayed here for 2 nights and at €400 for both nights I would expect something a little better for my $$. I mean I could stay in central Paris for this price and be in the middle of everything with upscale amenities such as the Le Meridien.

• Stayed: June 2013
Reviewed June 20, 2013

Stayed two nights for the air show, I found the staff to be very polite and helpful.

I tried to check in early 11.30 and was told no rooms would be available for another 90 minutes even though I am Platinum on elite rewards. So I went and sat in the lobby with a coffee and watched another single traveller check in with no problems 5 minutes after me! I questioned this then remarkably they had a room available!

Rooms are in serious need of an update! Not the best Marriott but certainly not the worse either!

Hopefully when I return for the 2015 Air show the rooms will have been modernised or I will stay elsewhere.

Room Tip: Don't try and check in early, you get a dross room!
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank Sheffield102
Reviewed June 19, 2013

NIce hotel. Minutes from the airport. Good price. Great restaurant and bar.

Best decision I made on my trip to paris was to go stay at this hotel on my last night with an early morning flight. Dinner was excellent, atmosphere was good and room was nice.

If you have an early flight out, I would stay here and get a little extra sleep knowing you are close by and wont have traffic issues.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Kyle_Austin_10
Reviewed June 19, 2013

When I travel through CDG and need to crash, I like to stay in the Sheraton, which is in the terminal, but for this trip the Marriott was > 100 EUR less expensive. This place is kind of a dog. The rooms are moderately less nice than one would expect from a Marriott. The staff is not up to par. Our waiter at the restaurant was really clumsy and poorly informed about the food. They have a 50 EUR deal that included two breakfasts (mediocre at best - come on, this is Paris), internet (fine), and a free minibar. Sounds like a great deal, but the minibar was crap -- two mediocre beers, some water, a small bottle of highly processed orange juice, and two nasty, sugary Pepsis.

The shuttle bus runs reasonably frequently, but it can get crowded, and this being Paris, people will line-jump in order to screw you over.

Overall, the quality doesn't match the brand-name. I recommend against it.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed June 18, 2013

Not impressed by the staff or the rooms. It appears the airport rush gets them flustered and disorganized at times. However, the Airport shuttle runs pretty regular and was very helpful get to and from the Airport terminals. They don't have an executive lounge so all normal amenities are served by the bar and restaurant on site. The hotel appears to be a bit dated although I didn't have any issues with anything malfunctioning. The laundry service does not deliver same day unless you pay extra..despite what you may be told. There are much better Marriotts in the city and for the money, better on that row of hotels. If you're a marriott member and need a place to lay your head between layovers, it will do the job but if not, I would choose another location for the money.

Room Tip: Make sure to stand my the taxi/airport shuttle pickup area in Terminal 1 or 2 to wait for the shuttl...
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled solo