“Great room, Outstanding service”

Paris Marriott Charles de Gaulle Airport Hotel
Ranked #5 of 30 Hotels in Roissy-en-France
Pittsburg, Kansas
“Great room, Outstanding service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 23, 2013

I was only in town for a brief layover between flights but had an afternoon available for site seeing. Matheau from the front desk was great! He suggested some options and arranged for a taxi for a tour of the city. After this outing I ate in the hotel restaurant and had a lovely meal. I am a University of Kansas basketball fan and was very happy to see the game from the previous afternoon being rebroadcast in the lounge when I checked in - totally unexpected but nice! When I left early the next morning they provided me with a boxed breakfast that was very generous. I was extremely impressed with the staff.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank NancyP645

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (121)
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
East Midlands, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 19, 2013

I've stayed here twice now, in a comfortable, stylish, clean and airy room.

There are no tea and coffee facilities in the rooms but free tea & coffee is available in reception.

There are plenty of friendly reception staff and all languages spoken.

Excellent breakfast choices.

Well worth the visit.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 15, 2013

This newly-renovated property is very comfortable. They now have their own dedicated shuttle van, so forget the complaints about taking a black bus and going around to other hotels.

There is free wifi in the lobby, and paid wifi in the rooms.

The rooms have a mini fridge for storing your own stuff - not full of overpriced items that they want to sell you. There is a small shop in the lobby where you can get snacks.

This hotel has an excellent gym with a variety of cardio equipment, weight machines, and free weights.

There was slight noise from traffic driving past the hotel at night, but nothing too bad.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
Paris, France
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 3, 2013

Entrance / lobby look great & inviting (apparently recent refurbishment). Unfortunately, the rooms/hallways could also do with a refurbishment and are currently slightly below Marriott standards in my opinion. There were also some minor noise issues in my room. I only staid a short night, did not get to try the restaurant. Sauna was nice with extended opening hours. Excellent & friendly service offered by reception staff. Sheraton hotel at the airport is of a higher calibre but is more expensive.

1 Thank Planedriver
virginia beach virginia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 29, 2013

My husband , son and I stayed here on our last night before flying out the next day..Staff was very accommodating since there wasn't a executive lounge we were given breakfast the next morning....very nice also...they also sent up wine and cheese before our dinner which we enjoyed in our room...had dinner that was excellent...staff very friendly and service was good along with the food.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 26, 2013

My first visit to Roissey for several years, and wow has it changed....
Rooms good and clean. Usual Marriott quality.
Shame they don't provide tea and coffee facilities in the room, however there is a coffee machine in the shop next to reception.

Manchester, Connecticut
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 23, 2013

I stayed at this hotel in January 2013 for the first time in a few years. I used to stay at this hotel frequently when I traveled to Paris on business more often than I do today. I remember when it used to be a Courtyard by Marriott. My job changed, and I stopped traveling to Paris except on rare occassions. I enjoyed my stay here. The service was good, and the location was convenient to the airport. The rooms were comfortable, especially the bed and pillows. The hotel has a decent fitness room with cardio equipment, weight machines, dumbells, and a sauna in the locker room.

Since my last visit, the hotel has closed its executive lounge. As a Marriott Platinum Rewards member, they gave me free breakfast at their Brasserie 5 restaurant in the morning in lieu of breakfast in the executive lounge for Platinum members. This is a very good trade-off because the restaurant has a much better selection at breakfast than the executive lounge had. On a negative note, there is no lounge where you can go to get a snack or something to drink whenever you feel like it. The hotel has a small store in the lobby that sells cold drinks, pre-made sandwiches, coffee and tea, toiletries, and souvenirs. The coffee machine in the market offers free coffee in the morning but then requires money once morning has passed. I am not sure of the cut-off time. When I asked about the machine, the staff member saw that I was a Platinum member and gave me a voucher for a free coffee at their bar. He informed me that coffee was free for Platinum members. This would have been nice information to know at check-in.

During my visit, we had a lot of snow, which affected flight and train schedules. Rather than take the train into Paris every night for dinner, most nights I walked into Roissy-en-France to eat at local restaurants. Several restaurants have opened in the area since my last stay at this hotel, and I encourage people to get out of the hotel. The hotel restaurant is expensive and somewhat generic. I found better French dining at a lower price outside the hotel.

The hotel has routine shuttle bus service from the airport to the hotel. They are no longer working with other hotels on bus operation like the Black Bus; they have their own shuttle, which is very convenient. If someone is looking for a hotel for a night prior to flying out the next day, this hotel is an excellent choice. If someone is staying several days and wants to experience Paris, he may want to choose another hotel that is actually in Paris. The trip from the hotel to the train station and then into Paris can take an hour one way. It is not terrible, but being able to walk outside the hotel doors and actually be in Paris may be a better option for those wanting to experience Paris.

I enjoyed my stay at this hotel and would gladly stay here again.

3 Thank Greg A
Also consider these accommodations in or near Roissy-en-France
Pullman Paris Roissy CDG Airport
Pullman Paris Roissy CDG Airport
#1 of 30 in Roissy-en-France
Novotel Suites Paris Roissy CDG
Novotel Suites Paris Roissy CDG
#3 of 30 in Roissy-en-France
4.0 of 5 bubbles 1,116 reviews
Novotel Convention & Wellness Roissy CDG
Novotel Convention & Wellness Ro...
#4 of 30 in Roissy-en-France
4.0 of 5 bubbles 1,189 reviews
Hilton Paris Charles de Gaulle Airport
Hilton Paris Charles de Gaulle A...
#2 of 5 in Tremblay-En-France
4.0 of 5 bubbles 2,751 reviews
Ibis Styles Paris CDG Airport Roissy
Ibis Styles Paris CDG Airport Ro...
#2 of 30 in Roissy-en-France
Sheraton Paris Airport Hotel & Conference Centre
Sheraton Paris Airport Hotel & C...
#10 of 30 in Roissy-en-France
4.0 of 5 bubbles 1,833 reviews

Been to Paris Marriott Charles de Gaulle Airport Hotel? Share your experiences!