“Value for money at CDG!”

Ibis Paris CDG Airport
Ranked #12 of 31 Hotels in Roissy-en-France
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed April 19, 2013

I had business at Charles de Gaulle Airport in Paris and as my wife hadn't been to Paris for a long, long time she decided to come with me. As I just couldn't face a long journey to CDG from central Paris, and back again, everyday for a week I chose to stay at the Ibis adjacent to Terminal 3, in a cluster of hotels that includes the Hilton and the Novotel.

I often choose to stay at Ibis hotels because I know exactly what I will get. The room is pretty much identical whether you are in Jakarta, Dubai, Mumbai or Paris CDG Airport. The hotel was ideally located for my business meetings in the building just across the bus station, and the train station to central Paris was even closer for my wife; with the Paris North Railway Station only a 19 Euro return train fare away.

The room was exactly as I had expected. It was clean and there was sufficient space to hang a week's worth of business shirts, my casual clothes and an overcoat on the clothes rack. The desk was big enough for me to do my work, and there were enough electrical power sockets to meet the needs of all my devices. I had brought a kettle and my favourite coffee mug from home so I didn't notice the lack of the refreshment facilities found in most hotel rooms these days, and with the window ajar and lower than seasonally temperatures my carton of milk didn't go 'off', even without a room fridge. The bed was exceptionally comfortable and helped me get over my 'jet lag'; and the TV has the volume limited so that I couldn't select excessive volume to annoy the neighbours.

I ate at both the restaurants in the hotel and enjoyed the convenience and atmosphere of the 'Pizza and Pasta' establishment. However, my recommendation to travelers who live or originate in Asia is to carry a small container of Paprika (or similar) with you when you visit, as even though the pizza crust was pretty reasonable the restaurant's 'chili oil' lacked enough punch to give the pizzas much taste.

On checking out I used the baggage room. This is well equipped with excellent automatic Baggage Lockers however the cost seemed a little out of line with the rest of the pricing in the hotel and I felt a little expensive.

The big annoyances were there, as they often are in Accor hotels. Our room keys needed re-validating almost daily. The staff smile and tell you that it is probably your fault because you put the key card to close to your mobile (cell) phone, but as it has happened to me in several of the group's hotels, and being a conspiracy theorist, I sometimes wonder whether it might be some strange hotel policy. The other annoyance was the repeated spurious alarms (fire or security?) from the vicinity of the Pizza restaurant.

If I ever have to stop over again at CDG would I stay at the same hotel? Definitely!! As hotels go it offers good value for money as long as you can book online a couple of weeks or so ahead and you take the lowest rate.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Douglas C

Reviewed April 18, 2013

This Hotel Ibis is ideal for a layover night stay. The rooms are clean, small just like most hotel rooms in the Ibis chain. Checking in was quite slow, though, took about 45 minutes and there were 4 counters open. The main advantage of this property is its location in CDG and access to the terminals or rental car returns, just a short train ride to Terminal 2E. Price was comparable to hotels outside of CDG.

Room Tip: don't expect too much from the restaurant near the lobby
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed April 15, 2013

This is a great place to stay at CDG. Very convenient to terminals, priced right and my room was very clean, modern and quiet. Food was excellent for the price. Reception personnel were very friendly and very helpful to me. They took their time to answer many of my questions (in English) and were polite as well. Great experience overall. I would devinitely recommend this hotel for an overnight stay at CDG.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank dlovshe
Reviewed April 12, 2013

Very good impression about staying at IBIS CDG Terminal hotel. Check-in and check-out were made very fast and with a smile.
The hotel is very conveniently located: you step out from CDGVAL shuttle from Terminals 1 or 2, RER train from Paris, 50 m and you are at the reception of IBIS. It is impossible to miss the place. If you arrive to Terminal 3 you simply walk to IBIS about 100 m.
If you are mad about planes you could ask for a room looking at Termimal 3 and you are watching RWS 09/27 R&L activities. My window was crystal clean so made some good shots of planes.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed April 9, 2013

Amazingly convenient to CDG Airport. Quick and free shuttle from Terminal to Terminal, and the hotel is only a short walk away from Terminal 3 stop. Hotel staff was very helpful and language did not seem to be a barrier in the least.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed April 9, 2013 via mobile

This hotel is average quality. The rooms are small but clean and the lobbies are noisy but clean. What's great about this hotel us their per hour daily rates, perfect for resting up between stopovers. At 14 euro per hour, it's not cheap but definitely worth it if you have a long and exhausting stopover. Situated right next to the RER B station and the free CDGVAL electric train to the airport (2 minute travel time), these hourly rates are a steal. They can't be reserved online: you must go down to the hotel to book (and they may not always bs available), but of they are, go for it!

• Stayed: April 2013
Reviewed April 7, 2013

Sadly after my stay at Ibis Paris CDG I had to write a serious complaint regarding my stay - I have still not received a reply to this complaint.

I was travelling from London to Rio de Janeiro, via Paris, with my 10 month old son. After discovering that our flight from Paris to Rio was cancelled, we had a very stressful trip to the Ibis hotel, late at night, and were looking forward to getting some rest before travelling on the rescheduled flight the next day. However, our stay at the hotel was not in any way restful and I feel that is very important for everyone to be aware of the serious events that took place whilst we were staying at this Ibis Hotel.

I checked into my room with my son. When we entered the room, I noticed a door that I assumed was the bathroom or a cupboard. I opened the door and was horrified to discover that I had opened a door into someone else's hotel room. I was even more horrified to see that the room was occupied and that someone was, in fact, asleep in the bed. I immediately closed the door and started searching for some information about the hotel to find out what number I needed to call to contact Reception and talk about what had just happened. I could not find anything in my room that indicated how to call Reception - there was no list of useful numbers and nothing indicated on the telephone itself. Luckily a member of Ibis staff arrived at my room a short while later to bring a cot for my son and when this member of staff arrived, I explained to him that I had opened the door into someone else's room and that I was very worried about this. The member of staff did not seem in the least bit concerned and very simply said, in a very matter-of-fact fashion, 'yes, this is a joining room'. I explained that obviously I had not requested a joining room and that the person in the other room was a complete stranger. I said 'does this mean that someone can come into my room?' He replied very simply (as if this was totally fine) 'yes'. I asked what I should do about this and the response from this member of staff was that I could block the door with my suitcase. I was extremely shocked at this response to my problem, as if the prospect of a stranger coming into my room during the night, when I was alone with my small baby, was absolutely fine and that if I didn't like it, I could just barracade the door with my luggage. This was completely unacceptable.

The problems continued when I asked if I could have a kettle to prepare water for my son's bottles. I was told that I could not have a kettle and would need to go to the hotel bar for water. It was already 1am and I was alone with my baby who was completely exhausted and desperate to sleep. However, with no alternative, I was forced to take my baby down to the hotel bar and wait to be served amongst loud, drunk hotel guests, some of whom were approaching me inappropriately. Although the barman could clearly see me standing there, with my baby and a handful of bottles, he did not serve me immediately and left me waiting for some time. When he eventually did fill the bottles with water that would later be used to make formula milk for my son, I noticed that some coffee had come out of the machine and into the bottles. I asked him about this and he simply shrugged his shoulders and moved on to serve someone else. I had no choice but to take the bottles as they were, with coffee mixed into my son's water.

I recall from the information displayed in the hotel that 'sleep is a priority', well I am afraid I did not see any evidence of this at all. Firstly I had to waste precious sleep time at 1am by taking my 10 month old son down to the bar for dreadful service in order to get some hot water, rather than having a kettle in my room to make my unplanned and very stressful stay even slightly easier. And secondly I had to try and sleep knowing that someone could try and come into room at any moment, and that I had to block the door with suitcases in order to protect myself and my baby.

This experience was entirely unacceptable and I feel that I deserve some sort of explanation. I still have had no response from the hotel. As a frequent traveller I can safely say I shall not be using any Ibis Hotels again and I will be telling friends and relatives not to do so either, particularly if they have babies and young children.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
5  Thank LuisaC87
Also consider these accommodations in or near Roissy-en-France
Ibis Styles Paris CDG Airport Roissy
Ibis Styles Paris CDG Airport Ro...
#3 of 31 in Roissy-en-France
Novotel Suites Paris Roissy CDG
Novotel Suites Paris Roissy CDG
#2 of 31 in Roissy-en-France
Hotel ibis Styles Paris Roissy Cdg
Hotel ibis Styles Paris Roissy C...
#16 of 31 in Roissy-en-France
Mercure Paris Charles de Gaulle Airport et Convention
Mercure Paris Charles de Gaulle ...
#8 of 31 in Roissy-en-France
Ibis Budget Roissy CDG Paris Nord 2
Ibis Budget Roissy CDG Paris Nor...
#17 of 31 in Roissy-en-France
citizenM Paris Charles de Gaulle Airport Hotel
citizenM Paris Charles de Gaulle...
#1 of 5 in Tremblay-En-France

Been to Ibis Paris CDG Airport? Share your experiences!