“Perfect place to stay if you have an early or late flight.....”

Hyatt Regency Paris Charles de Gaulle
Ranked #8 of 31 Hotels in Roissy-en-France
Reviewed September 24, 2013

This hotel is conveniently located near the airport and has a free shuttle that takes you to the airport. It is quite far from the tourist area of Paris though (45 minute drive) so you should only stay here before or after you have done all your sight seeing.

Most of the staff is friendly and helpful, but they could probably use a couple extra people. It took awhile to check in and no one offered to take our bags upstairs for us. However, the check in person was very nice once we got to the front of the line. When I was trying to find breakfast in the morning, the hostess for the downstairs breakfast area was not able to help me because she did not speak English.

Our room was very nice and the bed was super comfortable. A complimentary box of chocolates was left for us as a gift. Always a nice touch.

We had access to a special members lounge because we are gold passport members. The lounge had wine, soft drinks, and a variety of snacks and it also had breakfast available in the morning, which was nice.

We didn't have much time to explore this hotel since we were only here for one night, but it appeared to have a lot to offer for restaurants and other facilities.

The staff person working the door area was helpful in getting us onto a shuttle to the airport in the morning. We think the shuttle driver may have dropped us off at the wrong terminal though....certainly not on purpose, but there was a bit of a language barrier again.

Overall, this hotel was very good and I would stay here again on my way in or out of France.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
Gautier-Py, Director of Operations at Hyatt Regency Paris Charles de Gaulle, responded to this reviewResponded October 11, 2013

Dear PenelopeTsernoglou,

Thank you very much for your comments left on Tripadvisor.

The Team and I thank you for your nice feedback.
Regarding the Shuttler situation; As per the Airport Authority, our complimentary Shuttle and all Hotels Shuttles are only allowed to go to Terminal 3 and Terminal 2 Gare TGV where you have access to the CDG val to all Terminals.

Please contact me next time you are coming back

Warm Regards

Reviewed September 24, 2013

After a long distance voyage from Hong Kong, and before our TGV journey to Nice next morning, my boy friend and I stayed in this hotel for one night rest. In fact, though it's an airport hotel, it's quite far away, 3 kilometers from the airport. However, free hotel shuttle bus is available just outside of CDGVAL (Free airport shuttle rail) Terminal 2 station, schedule about every 20 minutes and the journey about 5 minutes. The hotel located in an open and quiet area, so that you can relax yourself very well. Room is quite clean with all basic needs except water boiler, very comfortable bed and thanks to the outstanding noise isolation, you can have an excellent sleep in that silent room. Restaurant is good, as well as the bar, especially if you got entrance to the Regency Club lounge, then you can enjoy your tea and breakfast in that elegant area. My boy friend and I really recovered ourselves after that one night rest. Be noted that the hotel has no direct transportation to Paris downtown, therefore if you prepared to visit there, you may have to consider this.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear connietpchan,

Thank you for sharing your experience on Tripadvisor.

We were very happy to share your comments with all Associates and we hope to have the pleasure to welcoming you back.

Let me know if you need any assistance in future.

Reviewed September 20, 2013

I'd forgotten how exorbitant hotel phone calls can be. I had to call Air France to rebook and was on with them for about 15 minutes. I had assumed that the 08925 number was toll free (?) and was pretty shocked by the 29 euro charge on my bill.

Oh well. This was compounded by the fact that hotel wifi didn't work (payment problem: "clearing house error").

Food at the bar was good though (if exorbitant;)

Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
Gautier-Py, Director of operations at Hyatt Regency Paris Charles de Gaulle, responded to this reviewResponded October 11, 2013

Dear Ilan C,

Thank you for your review on Tripadvisor.

The number you dialed was not unfortunately a toll free number. However in case you need assistance to contact your Airline company please do not hesitate to contact the front desk for support.

I was really surprised to read that you had a problem with our Wifi as the system has been totally changed last summer. The Guest Service Department and the internet Helpline can assist you 24 hours a day in case you encounter such situation.

We hope you will come back to visit us in future.

Director of operations

Reviewed September 17, 2013

An excellent when needing to stay near CDG. Their shuttle bus is consistent and comfortable, their staff overall is friendly and the rooms are in we'll appointed and comfortable. Breakfast was a bit limited, but OK for an airport hotel. If wanting to visit Paris downtown I wouldn't recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled solo

Dear Sir,

Thank you so much for this great review on Tripadvisor.

All associates were very happy to hear your experience and we all hope to welcome you back soon

We stay at your disposal if you need any assistance in future.

Reviewed September 8, 2013

We stayed here just one night on the end of two week trip in France. Last time we stayed in the Paris city center and had to deal with the hectic trip to the airport, so we decided to stay near the airport and make it easy. Initially we planned on still heading to Paris, but we had just arrived from the 3 hour train ride from Bordeaux and to turn around and take another train to Paris for one last night of frolick just did not sound too appealing. I believe we figured that for the both of us (me and my husband) the cost to take the RER train into Paris and back to the hotel would have exceeded $100, and since we had both had been to Paris several times, we figured we would get just as much out of relaxing at the comf Hyatt hotel. So we stayed in and ordered room service -- it was great! After 2 weeks in France and staying in rented apartments, it was nice to stay at a place with English speaking channels as options on the TV. We also enjoyed the lounge in the main lobbym and while we only had wine, we enjoyed the endless un-requested refills of the wasabi cracker mix and the green olives. Breakfast was over the top -- most everything one would could want was there. Several meat, egg, and cheese options, in addition to pastries and breads and fruits and vegetables were available. I believe the breakfast option was included with our stay but this would have been something I would have been willing to pay extra for. The gym was fantastic. The gym was separated from the main building area which I like as this separaing added to its privacy (can't stand the hotels with the fishbowl gyms). The rooms were clean and bright and fresh and felt new. The way I recall it, the room furnishings felt more up to date the the actual hotel lobby, which while clean and attractive, felt a little circa 1993. Still it seemed in good shape, so not a complaint, just an observation. There were only 2 cons to this hotel in my opinion: the area around the hotel is pretty void of any place one could walk to for a quick bite -- one would need a cab or a shuttle to the train. And the next con is pretty common for most hotels I have seen in Europe -- the beds do not come with a top sheet, just a duvet. My American preference is for the top sheet!! The next day we took the hotel shuttle to CDG. I did not find the shuttle driver - a woman - to be overly nice or accomodating, so that was a little disappointing. But otherwise the hotel was great and I would definitely stay there again, as long as I did not have plans to go into Paris. If you want to go into Paris, just stay there in the city at one of the other Hyatt's or at a boutique hotel.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business

Dear Ariel,

Thank you very much for your great review left on Tripadvisor.

i can ensure you that it is our utmost priority to please the Guests who stayed in our Hotel so our Associates were very happy to hear your experience. Thank you for all these details.

Let me know when you come back so I can welcome you personally

All the best

gautier.py@hyatt.com

Reviewed September 3, 2013

I had stayed recently at Hyatt CDG airport and it’s an excellent hotel with amenities. The shuttle services are on time and you can plan your city visits.
The bell desk will not always attend you if you arrive with heavy luggage unless alerted after arrivals at lobby. There is no tea/coffee
making facilities in the room rather. The breakfast is excellent choice and bit limited seating area. There is an omelette station as well in the breakfast hall.
The rooms are neat and moderate amenities are provided to basic Hyatt standard.. Would be a good choice for quick business visits.

Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank sknDxb

Dear "sknDxb",

Thank you for sharing your experience on Tripadvisor.
We are pleased to read that you had a nice Stay with us.

Please let me know when you are coming back

gautier.py@hyatt.com

Reviewed September 3, 2013

The hotel staff excellent, rooms were clean and spacious. Great place to lay over for flights, right in flight path for takeoff so a little noisy ever once in a while outside. We couldn't hear it in our room. Food was real good but like others said a little like resort price. But worth not having to go anywhere. There is a steak house across the street but we stayed in and ate at the resturant then played a little pool. Later had a jacuzzi and swim the facility's were a little dated but cleanand. Gym had everything and was nice and cool. After that caught up on some sleep. Nice beds and really quiet during the night. Shuttle ran perfectly to the airport and our terminal. And of course my shower rating, will we give it a 4 1/2. It had a swinging half glass which didn't keep the water in which causes issues, pressure was not very good. It was not up to Hyatt standards. A little far from things to vist unless you went for the day. Other than that great layover rested up before continuing on our trip.

Room Tip: Stay on lower floors less jet noise tha the top floors. Face the highway and their are bunnies of th...