“Not really good. Try somewhere else”

Hyatt Regency Paris Charles de Gaulle
Ranked #8 of 30 Hotels in Roissy-en-France
Paris, France
“Not really good. Try somewhere else”
Reviewed November 2, 2011

When I go to this hotel, I think that Hyatt is just a brand. I've stayed here several times as it is the accomodation provided by the company when I travel to Paris, but it's not a good place to stay. The good impression lasts until you leave the reception, because when you get into your room you realize how noisy this hotel could be, also, housekeeping staff opens the doors even with the "do not disturb" sign or keep yelling among them when they're cleaning the other rooms. During certain times of the day you only hear airplanes flying over so you cannot really sleep. This hotel is really far away from the city (or any other inhabited place, so no chances to buy a cigarrete or a chewing gum or to have a walk) and the shuttle service to the airport makes you cry, since they don't have a shuttle to every terminal as they used to have but only to Roissy Pole. Restaurant is expensive and there is no other good alternatives around the hotel, room service is just average. Usually there is no tea or coffee in the room to prepare. Mini bar has sensors for every product, think before you try to put something inside or to turn a bottle, certainly it will be charged automatically. Most of the times the air conditioner is broken and it's a lost fight trying to get it fixed before 24 hours. Beware of using Internet or making phone calls without asking the real cost, no surprises at check out. Thank God they're changing the door locks as they didn't use to work properly either. Check the smell of the room before you settle, several times I received a room smelling like food from the previous customer. Check if you actually get 2 sets of towels for a double room, lately they just put one. TV channels are ok but most of them in french. Staff at reception used to be more friendly. For the same price, it's better to go somewhere else and have a better value for the money

Room Tip: In another hotel?
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank CaTiLo
HyattCasablanca, Gérant at Hyatt Regency Paris Charles de Gaulle, responded to this review, November 29, 2011
Dear CaTiLo,
I am sorry to read that your stay did not meet your expectations and apologize for it. The issues you mention will be addressed and solved.
As far as the hotels shuttle services are concerned, it only drives to Terminal 3 as it follows the new rules dictated by the airport organization. Our location is very convenient to reach the airport and trade fair venues.I hope that you will be fully satisfied on your next stay with us.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (99)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Luxembourg City, Luxembourg
Reviewed November 2, 2011

I spent two days at Hyatt Roissy with my family. The hotel is proposing all five star facilities with excellent breakfast buffet. It's very well located if you arrive at Ch. De Gaulle Airport and you want to enjoy of a nice week-end in Paris.
Average price per night much less than similar hotel at Paris center.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
2 Thank MdE_10
Dear MdE_10,
I m delighted to read that your stay with us met your expectations and hope to welcome you soon in Hyatt Regency Paris-Charles de Gaulle.
Florida
Reviewed October 25, 2011

I just had a 9 day trip to Paris and had a wonderful stay until the very last 9 hours at the Hyatt.

A suite had been booked for us at this airport hotel by our previous concierge so we could be closer to CDG. Thanks to the majority of the nightstaff my evening was ruined and my opinion of the French was vastly tarnished. These people were rude. Not just rude for a reason, but spiteful and purposely not helpful.

The room was almost $300 Euro and the wifi was not even free, although it says that it is free. The club level is not a level, but a scattering of rooms throughout the hotel. The club lounge was not only on another level, but in another building! Who does that?? What a joke the Regency Club is.

I tried to get wifi after we checked in around 11:00 PM for over 45 minutes. The front desk staff was purposely telling me the wrong instructions, or they were infinitely stupid. Crystal Richard the front desk manager handled the situation so badly and with such an attitude I just went back to my stinky room without wifi exasperated at midnight.

The second floor of building One has indoor air quality issues and smells of mildew. It has been a good long time since the hallway has been vacuumed. The room had a free standing floor heater, which was odd and the air conditioner was such a rattle we turned it off.

I asked to speak to a manager at checkout to have our rate reduced due to the great inconvenience and issues with our room. No manager could bother to make it to speak to me within 5-7 minutes and I had to catch the shuttle. I noticed another customer making complaints about the air conditioning not working and asking to no avail 3 times for a fan
he never received.

Save yourself the trouble and choose another hotel near the airport. This Hyatt is a blemish to their usual good name.

• Stayed October 2011
1 Thank ExtensiveTravels
Dear ExtensiveTravels,
I sincerely apologize for the way you were served during your stay. As you say, it is not the way Hyatt considers service and be sure that the persons who did not welcome you as they should have will hear about this.
I am also sorry you were not able to speak to a manager before leaving - please do not hesitate to contact me directly if I can be of any assistance.
Again, technical problems have been solved and organization issues have been addressed. We hope we will be able to exceed your expectations on your next stay with us.
K.lumpur
Reviewed October 24, 2011

As airport hotels go, the hyatt is as comfortable as it gets. Rooms are comfortably lit with accent lighting for those who can't sleep and want to read in bed. Yet bathrooms are bright which it should be. We booked a club king and the space was ample despite two huge suitcases and another 3 smaller bags. Wardrobe had plenty of hangers. Both room and bathroom were clean. The bed was comfortable with a snuggly comforter. Bathroom had all the amenities required for an overnight stay.
Check in was speedy, bellhop not so alert. We had unloaded all our bags and were already in the lobby before the bellhop approached us with the trolley.
Breakfast was ample, not the best quality but there was plenty of choice.
Wifi service was not available in room but one could connect in the club lounge.
The shuttle service is on time, a whole bus dedicated to one hotel, and the driver polite.
Overall, great value for a pretty good place to crash.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Chong A
Dear Chong A,
I am very pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and that you fully availed of our location to reach the airport.
We hope to welcome you again very soon.
Hannover, Germany
Reviewed October 13, 2011

The hotel itself is OK and a lot better than the ones on Hawaii, but not comparable to the other Hyatt I stayed in, e.g. Hamburg, Berlin, Montreal etc. The lobby is impressive and has IMHO a very nice layout. The rooms are as expected with one little remark: no room for the towels close to the shower - but ignorable. Remarkably is the restaurant in the lobby. The buffet in the evening is excellent and has lots of different delicacies.
One negative point: the personal just keeps ignoring the status members.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled on business
2 Thank gerlach98
Dear gerlach98,

Thank you for writing this review. As you mention it, we engage continuous efforts to satisfy our guests, either for the rooms or dining facilities. Come again soon, we would be glad to welcome you again.
High Wycombe, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 29, 2011

I come here very once a year. I love this Hotel I also paid the top rate and stayed on top floor.
This year what is going on? I didnt get my welcome gift with a welcome note in my room. In the morning I waited 10 mins for the key for the gym. Someone said has its saturday/ weekend we are short of staff. I sign the paper work there wanted 30 euro for the key deposit. I return back the key the man said thank you and he said he will cancel the deposit.
When checking out 30 euro was on my bill after I told them I did return the key then they took it off the my bill. In the morning I waited 10 mins for breakfast cook to make me eggs. Im standing there no staff asked me if there can help me. What is going on Hyatt Paris CDG?

Room Tip: Free coach from airport Ter 3 to Hotel runs very 15 mins.
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled solo
2 Thank rajesh4cat
VA
Reviewed September 28, 2011

The Hyatt Regency at CDG was the last hotel we stayed at during a long European trip. We stayed just one night on our way out of town.

The outside of the hotel is not very aesthetically pleasing but once you are inside you won't care about that much.

We stayed in a Regency room which completely changed our stay for the better. There are a couple of restaurants in the main lobby which looked nice but we never had to eat there because the Regency room has such great snacks and food. The wine they served was really nice and the desserts were terrific. The service in the Regency room was really nice as well.

I've stayed in Hyatt Regency rooms all over the world but I think this hotel has the nicest Regency lounge out of them all.

Overall this is a good hotel that is close to the airport and serves its purpose well.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
3 Thank tripramsay
Also consider these accommodations in or near Roissy-en-France
Pullman Paris Roissy CDG Airport
Pullman Paris Roissy CDG Airport
#1 of 30 in Roissy-en-France
Novotel Suites Paris Roissy CDG
Novotel Suites Paris Roissy CDG
#2 of 30 in Roissy-en-France
Mercure Paris Charles de Gaulle Airport et Convention
Mercure Paris Charles de Gaulle ...
#6 of 30 in Roissy-en-France
Hilton Paris Charles de Gaulle Airport
Hilton Paris Charles de Gaulle A...
#2 of 5 in Tremblay-En-France
Novotel Roissy CDG Convention & Spa
Novotel Roissy CDG Convention & ...
#4 of 30 in Roissy-en-France
Sheraton Paris Airport Hotel & Conference Centre
Sheraton Paris Airport Hotel & C...
#10 of 30 in Roissy-en-France

Been to Hyatt Regency Paris Charles de Gaulle? Share your experiences!