“Poor for price paid”

Ranked #28 of 30 Hotels in Roissy-en-France
Swindon
“Poor for price paid”
Reviewed November 5, 2013

1 night stay for a business trip before I move on somewhere else, thank goodness for that. First impressions ok. One person manning reception and taking all calls led to delays. Room was decent size. No shower ...... How can this be in a business hotel? Towels very small, more or less a little bigger than a hand towel. Room service extra 5 euro for drinks and food. Linens were clean and tidy. Pillows appalling, flat and lifeless, I managed to find a 3rd in the cupboard. Furniture is very dated and untidy. Bathroom grout is black in places, plug hole in bath did not work. Water lovely and hot though. Think this must be the only airport hotel I have stayed at with poor double glazing, the noise from the aircraft was very loud. £200 euros, not worth it, maybe £100 given the location. Needs to improve quickly.

Room Tip: Look at other hotels and trust the trip advisor rating on this one!
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (103)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Czech first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed October 26, 2013

We stayed here overnight on our way back to Toronto. It is a comfortable and well-appointed hotel about 20 minutes by free shuttle bus from CDG Airport. A number of incidents spoiled our stay. Firstly, the shuttle to the hotel temporarily broke down because the doors would not close. Next, our initial request many months ago for twin beds without duvets was not met. Thirdly, it was an unexpectedly steamy late autumn evening and our Air Conditioner was not functioning. Finally, no wake up call came. We discovered later that our phone had been disconnected. These irritations apart, there are good things about this spotless nicely decorated and spacious establishment. The staff are very helpful although we were annoyed to find that on arrival, there was only one person on Reception looking after half-a-dozen new arrivals, and also taking intermittent telephone calls. We mentioned our problems to the Reception Staff on departing, and after apologizing profusely, a young man called Soufreayan insisted on running us to the airport in his own car as we had just missed the shuttle we intended to take. He declined any gratuity and said that he was only doing his job. Full marks to a hotel that can instill this attitude into its staff. The breakfast is plentifully American in type and quantity. There is a restaurant that offers standard dishes at airport prices. The catch is that the indicated price on our room was 390 euros. We paid a fraction of that. So should you.

Room Tip: Our Room, 115, was large and well equipped, except that the AC did n't work and our phone was un...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank davidgoldberg1
Crosby, Texas
Reviewed October 25, 2013

This hotel has a mix of pros and cons. The pros were its proximity to CDG airport and the shuttle service. The rooms were actually large and the beds very comfortable with good linens. The downside was the housekeeping is lax. I was not pleased that, after a shower near midnight, the hairdryer did not work. Plus the tile grout in the bathroom was black with mildew. The mini-bar fridge did not work and in any event, there was nothing in it anyway. The AC was subpar and Wi-Fi was spotty. The bar and restaurant downstairs was very expensive. The price for the room was reasonable, however, so it worked out. Know this: you must take the "Black Line" shuttle from CDG airport to the hotel. The shuttle is actually a bus service shared among several hotels. All of the buses pick up at one location outside Terminal 2, with certain buses going to specified hotels. Be aware that these buses are stampeded and get packed with passengers and their luggage. If you can't stand that, get a taxi to the hotel. The shuttle is free, but a taxi might cost 20 euros.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank pwilson374
Minneapolis, Minnesota, United States
Reviewed October 24, 2013

Unfortunately I had a very poor experience at Millennium Hotel Paris Charles de Gaulle. I had high expectations based on my experiences with the Millennium brand in the past so I was pretty disappointed when this hotel didn't deliver. The guest room was very large which was nice but it was extremely outdated. The bed was very uncomfortable and the pillows were similar to those you would find on an airplane (ie. as thin as a tissue). The room was way too hot as well. I asked the front desk staff about the temperature and they informed me that in October all rooms were turned to "winter mode" so unfortunately there was no way to make it any cooler. All of the lightbulbs in the room were mismatched, some were flourescent and some were soft lighting, all different wattages- minor thing but pretty odd. The shower in the bathroom didn't work at all (didn't even turn on) and the drain in the tub didn't work either. The water pressure in the sink was so high that when you turn the faucet on, water sprayed all over the bathroom. The worst part of my stay was a visit to the Restaurant/Pub on the first floor. The bartender was extremely rude to me and pretty much ignored me the entire time I sat there. I was able to order one beer and some food (which was bland and generic) but was not able to get a second beer or a water as the bartender refused to wait on me. I would not recommend staying at this hotel as there are many others in the area that would likely be much better options.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
Boise, Idaho
Reviewed October 18, 2013

My husband and I stayed here the last day/night of our honeymoon. We loved that it had a shuttle straight to the airport. What was frustrating is that we still wanted to do things in Paris that last day. We had to pay I think it was 12 euro just to get a train ticket to the city from the airport. Our carnet train passes we'd bought to get around don't work at the airport. You have to take a shuttle to the airport, then get on the train to get into the city. And the train into the city felt like it was 30-45 minutes. It was SOOO long! The hotel itself was nice. There are two food/drink options in the hotel which was very convenient. I would recommend staying here if you were ONLY staying at the hotel and didn't need to go into Paris. If we knew how far away it was from the city, we would've chose differently and probably just taken a taxi to the airport.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Tawnee S
Moorea, French Polynesia
Reviewed October 13, 2013

I had to spend a night in Paris to wait for my connection flight and chose this hotel because it was very close to the airport, had a free shuttle and a very attractive rate. It has certainly seen better days, the maintenance of the room was sloppy. But it was clean, the bed comfortable, front desk staff nice and I couldn't not expect anything better for the rate I paid.
It's a perfect hotel if you just want a good bed to spend the night between 2 long haul flights.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled solo