“Good value, but needs some TLC”

Millennium Hotel Paris Charles de Gaulle
Ranked #27 of 31 Hotels in Roissy-en-France
Reviewed September 9, 2013

Good value hotel with free shuttle and we were able to leave our car in car park for 8 days while we were away at a very reasonable cost. We waited at reception for quite some time to be seen and the lady who checked us in did not smile, make eye contact or make us feel very welcome! The restaurant was not open when we arrived on a Friday evening but we did have a drink in the Irish pub. We ordered 2 drinks and a portion of fries, but the fries never arrived! The tables needed a good clean too. The room was very spacious, quiet and the bed was comfortable. Overall, it did the job, but it could do with a few improvements.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
Loic L, Responsable relations clients at Millennium Hotel Paris Charles de Gaulle, responded to this reviewResponded September 10, 2013

Dear Guests,

thank you for having stayed with us. We have given the comments concering the Pub to our F&B Manager for corrective actions. I will personnally take care to remind to my Front Office Staff what kind of welcome we have to give to feel our customers "at home".

Thank you in advance for the time you have spent to leave us your impressions.

Best Regards
Domenico P.
Front Office Manager

Reviewed September 8, 2013

Air conditioning not working.
Had to wait to run a bath, as there was no plug in the bath tub !
The sauna was not hot, the steam room out of order !

We have stayed at this hotel a number of times but this was a few years ago. The standard has declined and we were very disappointed.
Obviously the management has changed and not for the better.
Will not stay there again.

Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 4, 2013

The hotel is very clean, the restaurant was good, overall great experience. Receptionists were very friendly and spoke English.
The only problem is the shuttle service to and from your terminals. The Black bus stop was hard to find. The morning commute was a nightmare with people and luggage piled in the crowded bus. Allow at least an hour, if not more.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed September 4, 2013

An ideal stop over when driving north to Calais, ideally suited to both motorways and airport and at 63€, bargain when you think how much the budget hotels charged! And free over night parking!! Only small complaint would be when we went to eat in the hotel there was only one high chair that was already in use! They could surely invest in a few more!!

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed August 22, 2013

I've stayed at the hotel for the first time, looking forward ot using the gym and pool during a business trip. Reception was very welcoming, nice area and very stylish, room is spacious and bathroom ok but bath a bit in need of attention around the plug hole. Bed comfortable but no 'screen voile curtains' so the windows overlooked by the hotwl across meant I couldn't open the curtains to let in the light and get changed. Had to keep them closed so room quite dark. Food ok I took room service and ordere the pizza, it was fine. The dissapointment was the gym and pool area. No attendance at the reception to the gym so I just used the equipment, but it has seen many better days, I could only do 10 mins on the treadmill as it was so squeaky it drove me nuts. The equipment was rusty and didn't look well maintained. The changing areas for the pool are pretty disgusting, dirty, no signs on the door as to which changing room is male or female, I had to walk through to the pool area to find a sign showing which was which. The handle for the door to the shower area came off in my hand. Then on exiting the shower in the changing room found a man wandering around, thankfully I was in my swimsuit. The door to the locker room wouldn't close properly and opened onto the corridor so I had to change in the shower area, hoping no one ( Male ) would come in whilst I was changing. very dissapointing and a let down for the rest of the hotel. THe pool was a good size though, bigger than most, sauna was not working. If I wanted a leisure option in a hotel then I would not choose this hotel again.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed August 22, 2013

Satayed from June 28th - July 7th 2013

I was here for 10 days with my 2 older sons and we thought it was quite the ideal place to stay.

Proximity of hotel in Roissy near the CDG airport was great. The shuttle bus/courtesy bus, or Black Bus was so convenient. The hotel displays the time of bus near the porter's stand at the doors. The bus goes to the train station, T1, and T2, so catching a train to Paris was definitely a cinch.

Arriving at 7.00 the receptionist was very friendly and arranged to get us into our rooms then though check in was to be 3.00 pm. Inquiring to change one of the double bed rooms to a twin bed room for my sons, we did not wait long and we were given our keys shortly.

The hotel has a security system which impressed me, meaning if you do not have your room key, the lift would not move.

If we were delayed in downtown Paris and arrived late, the restaurant at the Hotel was still open at even 11.00 to make a meal.

When my sons said their room toilet was not flushing, a technician was sent immediately to fix it. When the bulb was not working, the technician was there to fix it.

The rooms were big and clean and were always cleaned every day if the cleaning sign was put out.

The night receptionist, the day before check out, was also very friendly and thus I was able to sort everything the night before our early morning departure.

What I realized with French speaking people everywhere in Paris, is that if one attempts to speak their language, they will be even more willing to help when one cannot remember any more French words, and they certainly do not mind switching to English if they speak it.

Thankfully, I spoke some French, but the receptionists did not mind switching to English either. I was very impressed to note the hotel employs receptionists who have very good command of English.

Thank you for being courteous and very welcoming into your beautiful country. We will surely come again.

Pat

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed August 16, 2013

This is a good hotel to stay for a quick stop!! Me and my father stayed their on our last day for our paris trip, its close and convenient to the Charles De Gaulle Airport and they had very welcoming people who work their and nice breakfast. If you need a place to stay for a night, go here and its at a good price too!!

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family