“A good alternative in Paris”

Millennium Hotel Paris Charles de Gaulle
Ranked #28 of 30 Hotels in Roissy-en-France
Montreal, Canada
“A good alternative in Paris”
Reviewed May 25, 2013

I have learned to appreciate Roissy as a tranquile alternative to staying in downtown Paris
The Millennium hotel is well situated in this town
. I found the rooms to be clean if a little dark . They are the size you would expect in an airport hotel and definately better than avail in the city
Forget the pool it is very small and not even open during my stay .There are no shops if you need anything but they do have a I phone / Tablet charger (at minimal cost ) running on North
American current .
The best thing about this hotel is that it is in front of the Ibis hotel which has a great buffet 8 e for breakfast 10e lunch 15e dinner half the price of the Milllennium

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (103)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Czech first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
San Francisco, California
Reviewed May 24, 2013

The hotel is very nice once you arrive but the free Black Bus to and from the hotel is really really bad. Just finding the Black Bus pickup point is a major undertaking. CDG is like a rats nest with poor signage, up and down stairs, escalators, and elevators. Once on the bus it was overpacked with passengers and bags. Bags were stacked in the aisles and the luggage racks over flowing. Bags were shifting and falling on passengers, those that were able even to get off at their stop. It was this on both trips from and to CDG. A taxi to the hotel is about 25 USD. As for the hotel it is very nice once you reach it.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
Elche, Spain
Reviewed May 23, 2013

I book hotels every week and this one it is a bad quality/Price one.
The swimming pool was close. The first room that they give me was not cleaned, after spend 45 min because most of the room was not cleaned (at 00:30 am!!!).
The food room service was indicate up to 1am, but 15 min before I had to prie to have food in my room.
The WIFI works very bad.
Only 10 channels TV with bad quality.
The breakfast very bad.
.... in brief, really bad experience.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Christchurch, New Zealand
Reviewed May 18, 2013

Recently I flew into Paris from Dubai and chose the CDG Millenium as a 1 night stopover..before flying onto Toulouse. It was a choice made on-line, driven by a good rate on Booking.com and also a desire to get a more comfortable bed than those that the normal CDG budget hotels provide.
It was easy to get there...just had to seek out the "black bus" at CDG which is a free hotel shuttle bus which does the rounds of several CDG located hotels.
The hotel presents itself well, and the staff were accommodating when I arrived off my early morning flight. Essentially it was a good choice..the bed was fine, and the internal "pub" restaurant provided a good meal at a good price. Not only that..the Wifi service was great..no hoops to jump through..and it worked faultlessly....well done Millenium!!
However there were a couple of areas that could be improved. The 1st bedroom offered to me was freezing cold....the Aircon had obviously been sitting on cold for possibly days even longer maybe...and the room was too cold to stay in...and further more it appeared that the Aircon was fixed on COLD and nothing I could do with the thermostat would get it to give out warm air.
So management decided without too much trouble to give me another room...which was better, but still was on the chilly side.... and a jersey was essential.
Reading a note near the Aircon controls, it informed me that in May the temp of the aircon was adjusted to Summer temperatures :-)) except that my problem was that Paris ( CDG) temps for my arrival were around 8-10C...certainly not normal May temperatures.
The only other issue I didn't like was that it appeared that cleaning staff were against cleaning the mould from the grout between the tiles in both the bathrooms I saw in the hotel. The 1st bedroom's bathroom was quite bad..with black mould very obvious around the tiles.
Summary. The Millenium is a good stopover hotel, quiet, has food in house, a great bed, and excellent wifi services. All it would take to make it even a better bargain would be for the in house service managers to inspect the bathrooms and insist that the cleaners take care of the mould in the bathrooms. Would I stay again...absolutely...hoping of course that the aircon, bathroom mould,and locked bedroom window issues had been addressed.

Room Tip: Ask the staff, if they can give you a room where the bedroom window can be opened.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed May 17, 2013

I only planned for 1 day stay before we fly back. But I broken my ankle in Alps and extend 7 days stay in Millennium Hotel Paris Charles de Gaulle. I discovered that this hotel not only have the very beautiful hardware(large lobby, large corridor, large room, large restaurant all with modern decor/easy access to CDG and Paris), but also have the quality of software. The staffs from front desk to restaurant manager were all so enthusiastic and helpful. They were keen to solve the problems for every guest. I got a wheelchair during the stay and the girls at the front desk tried very hard to give me the instruction to the local hospital. They all speak English very well.
I have not enough words to thank them. Especially the manager named Yesseff, he was so helpful in many way even when he was busy.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Trinidad
Reviewed May 13, 2013

The staff was very nice. A big plus is the airport shuttle. Has a restaurant on sight but I didn't use it. My room (#241) was quite large and clean. The windows were padlocked shut. The room never got dark at night because of the sign outside. Also the bed didnot have a top sheet on it. There was a very heavy comforter but it was way to heavy for me to keep it on during the night. I would prefer a sheet and a blanket.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
Rions, France
Reviewed May 7, 2013

The room was dirty. Also the bathroom.
We did have dinner at he hotel. It was for us convenient. Alas... First the meat was so wel done, you could repair you shoe with it. Thn I got meat medium rare as I asked for. But the meat was cold inside.
I didn't ea very much of it That night, I got problems with my stomach and got also diarhee. Nice, when you have to stay at a plane for more then 12 hours!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Loic L, Directeur général at Millennium Hotel Paris Charles de Gaulle, responded to this review, May 12, 2013
Dear Guest,

I thank you for your comments related to your stay in our hotel and I aopologoze if you have found that the room was dirty. I would have been pleased to help you immediately if you would have let us know that trouble at front desk.
I have well noticed your comments related to the food. We are very well considered in Roissy for the quality served both in our Brasserie and in our Pub, especially for our excellent meat.
In order to satisfy you at the best for your next stay, please do not hesitate to contact me or my team and we would be pleased to make your stay more enjoyable.

L. Legrand