WINNER WONDERLAND

Review of Millennium Hotel Paris Charles de Gaulle

Millennium Hotel Paris Charles de Gaulle
Ranked #29 of 30 Hotels in Roissy-en-France
Krakow, Poland
“Decent hotel while waiting for a flight with kind service”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 8, 2013

This hotel is advertised as a 4-star hotel but rather feels like a 3-star. Like in any airport hotel, people only stay one night while waiting to catch their flight, so there is a steady flow of customers on their way to the airport.

Receptionists were really kind and helpful though, and gave me all the information I needed.

The room (a double with king size bed and rather pleasant view) was clean and well equipped, but furniture was a bit worn out (one chair's armrest came off altogether, lucky my child wasn't sitting on it then) and I couldn't get the TV system to work, though that might just have been me !

Big pluses for me were : easy access to the airport via free and frequent shuttle, the quietness of the hotel, free Wi-Fi, very easy access to child-friendly park and shops. I was on a budget so I haven't tested the breakfast.

The hotel has a gym and a pool but the pool and jacuzzi were closed for maintenance when I stayed.

In conclusion, I would say this hotel is not particularily good value for money (one night in a double room with no breakfast set me back 90Eur), but then again the other hotels in Roissy offer the same type of rates. I plan to stay elsewhere next time for the sake of comparison, but I wouldn't mind staying there again if necessary.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (97)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Czech first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
Tokyo, Japan
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 5, 2013

I was reservated this hotel.
when I arrive hotel, not redy my room at 19:00.
after dinnrer go to take a kye in resepton, another rady says 「are you stay this hotel ?」
I says 「how are you look me?」
mabe can not stay japanese this hotel? or ?
I take kye and go to room,,,ther is other people.
I go to change the room , and that rady laughing.....

french style......

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Bangor, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 1, 2013

Upon arrival we were told that we had to wait for a DOUBLE room, I had paid a decent amount of money and booked a DOUBLE room, for me and my boyfriend. We were told there wasnt enough rooms and we would have to wait!! I asked how long, and the reply was she did not know could be a few HOURS!! there was a que of 18 people infront of me already waiting. A very angry woman pushed infront of me and said she had been waiting 2 hours already. So I said that I would have the twin room for the first night and deffinitly wanrted to change tomrow morning.
Got to the twin room and it STANK OF CIGARETTE smoke. which is horrible, and made my eyes water, I therefore went back to reception to ask to change rooms. She didnt understand the smell but changed my keys. So packed stuff and moved to the new room, this AGAIN SMELT OF FAGS, it was revolting. The cleaners were obviosuly smoking in the rooms. Back to reception, and at this point i was NOT happy, I just wanted to relax.
The third room ., thankfully didnt smell.
The next morning I went to reception to ask which room we where going to change to (double) and she said it wouldnt be ready till late that evening.

NOT IMPRESED.
We were also charged a tax fee at the end of around 8 euros, which we were totally unaware of and should e included in the accomodation fee!!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Leicester, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 1, 2013

We arrived on the easter weekend and had booked 2 rooms
il go through the pros of this hotel first:
decent room size
they have a free shuttle to take you to the airport every half an hour (which is decent as you can catch a train straight into Paris from there)
have air conditioning..and that's about it!

the negatives were as follows:
1. when we got there on day one the room was in an appalling condition: dust, smudge marks on the mirrors ect...and to top it off it was like someone had smoked in the room with the windows closed! for non-smokers this was quite unacceptable.
2. we were told on the 2nd day of our arrival that the restaurant is closed at weekends all day..nothing was mentioned when we booked the hotel about this.
3. the swimming pool, sauna and other facilities were out of use: again nothing was said about this at the time of booking.
4. windows in the bedroom would not close: again it took a while to get this sorted.

ALSO ALTHOUGH THIS WAS NOT THE HOTELS FAULT: THE LOCAL TOWN RESTAURANTS CLOSED AS EARLY AS 9PM ON SATURDAY NIGHT.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Idaho USA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 30, 2013

We have stayed in this hotel twice in a two year period. On both occasions we booked a room to include breakfast. On both occasions we were told that the rate booked did not include breakfast, the breakfast rate is 20 Euros per person, as I recall. We booked via Booking.com. which I don't have a problem with.

The hotel is a typical high end airport hotel with many rooms and services, to include a Irish style pub, which I cannot recommend....too damn spendy even for the CDG locale. The hotel rates, if you can find a "deal", are OK...otherwise I would recommend that you book one of the hotels in the Le Mesnil Amelot area, all with free shuttle service.

Many of the airlines apparently book their flight crews at the Millennium during lay-overs.

A good hotel and we likely will stay there again....without the deal and the related hassle associated with the Le petit déjeuner included rate. A tea kettle is in the room equipped with coffee and tea and there are two mini supermarkets three or four blocks from the hotel to "stock-up" for breakfast goodies as well as a bit of cheese and wine.

The "Black Bus" shuttle service is convenient. Make sure you know before arriving at CDG where the shuttle buses ( navettes) pick-up passengers...and get on the right bus.....the Big Black one.

Room Tip: All the rooms, I am sure, are the same.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Leszno, Poland
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 30, 2013

Although it is **** hotel I did not notice it. Bathroom was in bad shape, rust, shower function in the tub was not working. What was most annoying was the keycard ine has to use for elevator as well. All would be fine if it worked. Mine was not. I had to place it several times in the detector for it to function and on second day it stopped working at all. Had to come down, receptionist did not even apologise, just reprogrammed it. I got back to the room and it did not work again! Came down, had it replaced and finally I got to the room.

Will never stay there again.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Salt Lake City
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 27, 2013

I am not a picky traveler but feel I must warn others about this hotel. We stayed her after three weeks of traveling Europe due to an overnight layover. We booked online and picked this property due to location and shuttle to the airport, thinking this was a branded hotel with standards(wrong). We arrived to a rundown hotel that had problems everywhere. Every room number on my floor had what looked like a child had a green marker and scribbled on them. We entered the room and the smell was so bad with smoke in a non smoking hotel. The bed looked like a u shape and the comforter was ripped. The bathroom was dingy with mold on the shower curtain. There was actually a dirty pillowcase in the sink. I wanted to leave to another hotel but we had prepaid and my girlfriend wouldn’t let me buy another room for our short 7 hrs. We slept in our clothes for fear of what was on the bed. I would have slept better at the airport! I would not stay at this hotel again if it was free. There are many hotels on the shuttle route. Don’t make the same mistake.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple