“Great location close to CDG and trains”

Millennium Hotel Paris Charles de Gaulle
Ranked #28 of 30 Hotels in Roissy-en-France
Citrus Heights, CA
“Great location close to CDG and trains”
Reviewed January 10, 2013

We (daughter and I) stayed here in November on the last night of our trip to Paris. We chose this hotel because of the proximity to CDG and the train (we spent the day at Disneyland). We arrived early in the morning and they held our luggage for us since the room was not ready. When we returned to the airport after a long day at Disneyland, the shuttle took us directly to the hotel. The beds were comfy, the shuttle to the airport was on time and the driver friendly. We would stay here again due to the convenience to the airport.

(note-we did not use any of the hotel facilities such as restaurants, etc so I cannot rate them, but the room was fine for one night).

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Arnaud V, Manager at Millennium Hotel Paris Charles de Gaulle, responded to this review, January 11, 2013
Dear Trip Advisor Member,

Thank you for your feedback regarding your last stay at our property.

We would like to welcome you back in the nearest future.

Best Regards,

Rooms Division Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (103)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Czech first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Charleston, South Carolina
Reviewed January 8, 2013

We should have seen it coming when the shuttle from CDG took forever to get to us, and a long time to get to the hotel. Seemed to be a joke amongst those at the stand. Check in took awhile and the room had so many things wrong with it, we had to move, but we had to go back down for new keys (it was midnight by now). Then the blow dryer didn't work on anything but cool air. Too late to fuss over that too. We went to check out and they had WAY overcharged us, which thankfully we caught, but 15 minutes later and after some argument over the rate ( I had the paperwork from Expedia saying $74 not 96 Euros-it was hardly worth the former). Then it turns out breakfast was included, but they never told us, and it was too late, just like the shuttle, which was like a war zone of frustrated passengers from nearby hotels, all trying to squeeze into the overfull and ever-late black bus. Forget this place!!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Nevada
Reviewed January 2, 2013

I started getting concerned after waiting more than half an hour for what I understood was a regular hotel shuttle service between Charles de Gaulle Airport and the Millenium. I called and reached the front desk. I was informed that "at that time of the day" (around 2:00 PM) the shared shuttle was only running every 40 minutes. On arrival, the hotel did not remotely resemble the pictures posted on the website and was far less impressive than expected of any 3-star property, never mind the 4-star they claim to hold (absolutely NO WAY!!!). The reception staff was colder and wetter that the weather outside and not a hint of holiday cheer was detected in spite of being 3 days away from Christmas. The hotel may have been a nice place once, but it is has been allowed to age without the attention it deserves. The elevator was malfunctioning and no one really seemed to either be surprised or eager to get it fixed. The room was adequate in size and the beds were acceptably comfortable, however numerous features were in disrepair. The amenities were somewhere between minimal and non-existent (for example there was shampoo but no conditioner and the hand soap was literally a 1 inch cube). There was 1 set of towel and it felt like sand paper on the skin. There was mold between some of the tiles and the shower head was thoroughly corroded. We regularly fly to Paris from the West Coast and typically spend several days in the city before moving on to Southern France. This year, we just wanted to see the holiday lights in Paris and I was elated that we had made reservations at the Millenium for only one night. We will never use the hotel again.

Room Tip: This is nowhere near a 4-star hotel. I can only see enduring it as an affordable 1-night stay in be...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Dear Trip Advisor Member,

Your evaluation of our various services and facilities is very much appreciated, since it is only through guests, such as yourself, that I can make sure our standards meet our guests' needs.

Please rest assured that the necessary actions have been taken to avoid reoccurrence. I have discussed your comments with the department heads concerned and I hope you will be able to see some improvements in the future.

Sincerely yours

Los Angeles, California
Reviewed December 24, 2012

I'm currently sitting in this hotel, and I am incredibly grateful that I only booked one night. We arrived in Paris yesterday, and booked here because we wanted a place to recover from jetlag in Roissy before making the voyage to center city. I booked through Hotwire, so I didn't know the name of the hotel, but this experience definitely left a bad taste in my mouth for both Hotwire and Tripadvisor.

About me: 28 years old, traveling with boyfriend, laid back... not too picky

The Lies:

1. This is not a four star hotel. The hotel's website and Tripadvisor both claim it as such, but Hotwire lists it as a 3.5 star, and common sense places it in the 2.5 star range.

2. There is a sign on the front of the hotel listing the pricing as 350eu per night for a "basic room". This is clearly intended to mislead consumers about the quality of the hotel, because nobody in their right mind would pay nearly this amount. I paid $75 and feel robbed.

3. Hotwire claims that this hotel received 4/5 stars from Tripadvisor. This is clearly a lie. You can see for yourself that the Tripadvisor rating is 3/5. I'm sure somewhere in the fine print Hotwire will state that their Tripadvisor rating is not up to date, but in this day and age it should not be very difficult to keep this information accurate. I felt very much mislead when I discovered the negative ratings after making the purchase.

The Good:

1. The internet is more or less functioning and free. This is the biggest perk.

2. The bathroom is clean, though the towels remind me of the ones they give away at my local gym.

3. There is an airport shuttle that operates every 40 minutes or so. The front desk claims 20 minutes, but this is simply not true. The shuttle is easy to find once you arrive at the airport. Just follow the signs that say "hotel". The "black shuttle" is the one that services this hotel as well as the Best Western, and a few other hotels that I wished I had booked instead of this one.

4. The lady at the front desk was quite nice, and spoke English fluently.

5. There are blackout curtains.

The Bad:

1. The carpet should be replaced. It has stains, feels grimy, and overall makes this hotel feel very dated.

2. This bed is an atrocity. I'm sitting in it now and my back aches because it is on wheels and is pulling away from the headboard. The pillows are a joke, and if you do find yourself staying here you may as well pack your own. They provide two of the thinnest pillows imaginable. You literally have to ball them up in order to use them.

I'm generally not very picky about my bed--I've slept on futons, but this is ridiculous.

It should also be noted that we were provided with one full size bed. I don't know if this is the standard for this hotel, but I can't recall staying in a hotel without queen sized bed at minimum.

3. The lighting is very poor. The lighting in the hallway is somewhat dark, but I would not have really cared about that if the lighting in the bedroom had been sufficient. This is not the case. Luckily, it was sunny upon our arrival, so I just opened the blackout curtains. However, if you wish to stay up in the evening you will find the lighting dim.

4. The television is due for an upgrade and we had some difficulty with the remote. Not a huge deal, but it helped to hammer home the fact that this hotel is quite outdated.

5. The minibar is empty. I had not planned on using it, but I do think of a partially stocked minibar as a basic amenity.

You can do better, even at this same price. If you do use Hotwire, pay close attention to the percentage of favorable Hotwire reviews. This number was accurate, and is how I landed the airport Sheraton for my last night in Paris. The Sheraton looks lovely and is literally in the airport, so you need not worry about a shuttle.

Enjoy your stay in Paris!

Room Tip: The floors are named after countries/continents. I stayed on the first floor (America). I don'...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank karlajamaica
Arnaud V, Manager at Millennium Hotel Paris Charles de Gaulle, responded to this review, December 26, 2012
Dear Trip Advisor Member,

I would like to thank you for having taken the time and trouble to inform us via Trip Advisor about your recent stay at the Millennium Hotel Paris Charles De Gaulle.

Your evaluation of our various services and facilities is very much appreciated, since it is only through guests, such as yourself, that I can make sure our standards correspond to our guests’ needs.

it is really important that you know that our hotel has to follow the new certification standards 4 stars since July 2012 and recognized by French law.

Hoping to have the pleasure of welcoming you back to our hotel in the not too distant future and show you the improvements.

Please send me an email for your forthcoming booking at arnaud.vermerie@millenniumhotels.fr

Sincerely yours,

Prague, Czech Republic
Reviewed December 14, 2012

+ Internet was free and pretty well functioning most of the time
+ bath in room
+ adequate space in room
+ desk for working on your laptop, although:
- power sockets could be more accessible and plentiful
- no ergonomic office chair for working, only a lounge-type chair
- totally insufficient in-room lighting, no ceiling light whatsoever
- not so close to the airport, the shuttle bus takes about 25 minutes to get to the terminals (also, pay attention to where you get off! terminal 3 is not obvious)
- I ordered in-room breakfast; it arrived late, I had to leave already, so sent it back
- breakfast kinda pricey
- it was cold in the room and the air-conditioning didn't seem to help much
- wall-mounted shower head, I don't like that - but also a bath, that's good
- the "minibar" contained all of 1 bottle of water and nothing else
- feels old and worn
- smears on the wall from luggage
- the carpet looked like it remembers the war
- electric kettle was rusty
- the TV in the room is ancient
- years of accumulated dust on in-room air-conditioner visible through grille
- bathroom amenities could be better; no cotton buds, no enlarging mirror

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Dear Trip Advisor Member,

I am very sorry to learn that you were disappointed with the overall level of service during your last stay, particularly with the condition of the room. Please rest assured that we will put in place diffrents actions to avoid reoccurrence.

Please accept my sincerest apologies for the inconvenience and I hope these incidents will not tarnish the image we strive to achieve here at the Millennium Hotel Paris Charles De Gaulle Airport.

Sydney, Australia
Reviewed November 29, 2012

Was accommodated here after my flight was canceled.

Nothing special to write home about. Good business hotel, somewhat cold staff, but a rich food selection. Rooms are the usual, but I was amazed to not hear any airplane noise what so ever.

There is a shuttle to the airport free of charge.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Arnaud V, Manager at Millennium Hotel Paris Charles de Gaulle, responded to this review, December 7, 2012
Dear Trip Advisor Member,

Your kind and constructive comments will further help us motivate our staff members and have been communicated to the persons concerned.

Hoping to have the pleasure of welcoming you back to our hotel in the not too distant future, may I take this opportunity to thank you for your patronage of the Millennium Paris Charles De Gaulle Airport.

Yours sincerely,
Arnaud Vermerie
Seoul, South Korea
Reviewed November 21, 2012

I asked them several (2 or 3 I guess) questions by email, again and again.
But they are too busy to answer my email- They just ignore it.

I wish I could cancel my reservation, but I've already paid the full price,

It's hard to expect a good service after this experience..

(I have not visited this hotel yet)

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank ashley1010101
Arnaud V, Front Office Manager at Millennium Hotel Paris Charles de Gaulle, responded to this review, November 27, 2012
Dear Trip Advisor Member,

We read your remark with a great concerned, and we are sorry to learn than nobody revert back to you regarding your questions.

Please send me your email directely at:
arnaud.vermerie@millenniumhotels.fr