“Very average; it is okay but not expect too much.”

Relais Spa Paris-Roissy CDG
Ranked #13 of 30 Hotels in Roissy-en-France
Greece
“Very average; it is okay but not expect too much.”
Reviewed November 21, 2012

I stayed at this hotel for four nights; it is very average for a 4-star hotel, I would rate it 3-star at maximum. Shuttle for the hotel-CGD-hotel is okay, nice drivers, but not convenient if you are in a hurry (I would recommend to review the times the shuttle leaves the hotel - it is a fixed hours). In fact I lost a trip that left from downtown Paris as it is not fast to get from the hotel (expect at least 1.5 hrs).
Rooms are okay, nice and comfortable. Restaurant does not have a lot of choices but the food is very good.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (55)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Amherst, New York
Reviewed November 20, 2012

We stayed here one night at the end of a 17 day French vacation after getting off the TGV at the airport. We couldn't find the shuttle from the airport to the hotel, and we were later told that it's right near the TGV station, and we weren't supposed to go into the terminal to look for it. My wife gave the room an almost perfect score -- great room, amenities, bathroom, and shower. The fridge was empty so there was room for YOUR OWN bottle of wine, the bed was comfy, lighting was great, and there was lots of counter space in the bath, and it's not often you find all these things. The room had a little washing machine. The lobby was a bit utilitarian, but this is a hotel for people going in and out of the airport, it's not a resort. Very efficient and very functional, but still upscale. The brasserie and bar were good but expensive, and we thought everyone was reasonably friendly. I'm sorry others had problems with the shuttle, but we didn't, taking the first bus of the day (not the shuttle) at around 6 AM.

I've read the other comments, and would like to add that if you're friendly upon encountering people, and always say "Bonjour", you will find them much more pleasant and accommodating than if you don't. This was the case on our entire trip.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Paris, France
Reviewed November 3, 2012

Always do check your bill before you leave this hotel, somehow the staff managed put on extra cost without you have anything to do with it. The staff are so rude especially this spanish woman at the reception!!! Breakfast not included but they will charge you anyway even though on the brochure written its OPTIONAL.No courtesy what so ever. They show no interest at customer and always managed to spoil your stay. Its pity for such a new hotel to have such bad staff.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank m0mmy_777
Suisun City, California
Reviewed November 3, 2012

I waited an hour for the "every 30 minutes" shuttle. Given a room that smelled like smoke (a smoke free facility), they were gracious in giving me a room that was smoke-free and a definite upgrade. It was a great room. No good tv for English speakers, but I didn't care much about TV. The wi-fi in the room was very weak. I had to go down to the front desk as when I called to ask for wi-fi info to log on, he told me to hold and rang me through to a number that never answered. When I got down there he was able to quickly print out what I needed. Not sure why he didn't just give that to me at check-in or on the phone. I assumed it must be in an information packet in the room, which was non-existent in the first room. There was a list, excluding wi-fi information in the 2nd room. Because they wouldn't serve me before 6:30 and I needed an early night and an early dinner, I called room service. 20 Minutes, said he. It was at least a half hour and the caesar salad was smothered in dressing. The chicken was good. Expensive for what I got. So, my very good rating really has to do with the fact that it is was a wonderful, quiet and comfortable room. That was really what I was there for. I did choose this higher priced hotel thinking that the Brasserie would be a good source for decent meal. Being an airport hotel, I assumed you could eat at most times. The morning shuttle was right on time and worked. I doubt I'd choose this hotel again as it was pricey and I couldn't depend on a meal when I needed it, especially if it's only for one night.

Room Tip: I was perhaps lucky in that I didn't pick my room and it was very nice.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank TaskImpossible
York, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 2, 2012

Waited at least 20 minutes at reception to check in. There was no queue, just 4 upset asian ladies in front of me who had been promised the free shuttle to the airport, and it had left without them. Major argument, and girl on reception not even slightly apologetic or sympathetic told them to get a taxi at their cost instead. We had arrived at 2pm, and were looking to sit and have a business meeting in the bar.........but were told the bar was closed. We were told we could sit and have a drink in the restaurant. At the restaurant, we were told it was only open for food and not drinks only, as they were a business not related to the hotel. Eventually persuaded them to let us sit, and it took them 20 minutes to come and take a drinks order. Extortionate prices for 2 beers - unbelievable! Eventually took the free shuttle to the exhibition centre, only after changing minibuses 3 times, as the drivers didn't know who was meant to be going where and when. In the evening, went to the now open bar for a drink, and even as the only customer at the bar, I could not distract the man and woman meant to be serving away from their conversation, and get them to serve me. Absolute chaos, extremely unprofessional and no service whatsoever! Will never go back

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank steve c
Reviewed October 31, 2012 via mobile

I stayed at Relais Spa roissy because I needed to be close to the Park des Exposition, during a big Food show. The room was very spacious and comfortable. The hotel restaurant was really good. There was even a small ballcony for me to exercise my bad habit... Bad thing was that the hotel was so far away from the centre of Paris and taxis are expensive . Would recommend it to anybody who has to stay near the airport or the exhibition centre.

• Stayed October 2012
London
Reviewed October 20, 2012

I'm running a project locally and we have chosen this as our preferred hotel with about 10 of us there every week. It's been a good choice and they are looking after us well, so here a perspective:

Positives:
The beds are comfortable and bathrooms clean, new and tidy.
The rooms are well soundproofed from the aircraft above and are a good size
The restaurant is very good and not bad value. The staff in the restaurant are good and attentive.

Negatives:
Although the staff on reception are good, there is just not enough of them leading to queues to check in (especially about 6pm).
The spa is not open till next year, but they have put a few gym equipment units in a conference room.
The TV channel choice is not good if you're English speaking (unless you like the news!)

In all though, after trying most of the other hotels locally, I can tell you that I'd rather be here than anywhere else... just don't fill it please... we need our rooms for the next 12 months! :)

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Roissy-en-France
Pullman Paris Roissy CDG Airport
Pullman Paris Roissy CDG Airport
#1 of 30 in Roissy-en-France
Novotel Convention & Wellness Roissy CDG
Novotel Convention & Wellness Ro...
#4 of 30 in Roissy-en-France
Novotel Suites Paris Roissy CDG
Novotel Suites Paris Roissy CDG
#3 of 30 in Roissy-en-France
Ibis Styles Paris CDG Airport Roissy
Ibis Styles Paris CDG Airport Ro...
#2 of 30 in Roissy-en-France
Paris Marriott Charles de Gaulle Airport Hotel
Paris Marriott Charles de Gaulle...
#5 of 30 in Roissy-en-France
Hilton Paris Charles de Gaulle Airport
Hilton Paris Charles de Gaulle A...
#2 of 5 in Tremblay-En-France

Been to Relais Spa Paris-Roissy CDG? Share your experiences!