“CDG Lay Over”

Ranked #17 of 30 Hotels in Roissy-en-France
Maine-et-loire
“CDG Lay Over”
Reviewed May 19, 2013

Hotel was on the "Black Bus" Airport Shuttle route first drop off. Hotel clean very helpful staff, clean rooms, good food. Only problem free internet was not working on my floor.
I would use this hotel every time when traveling in and out of Paris CDG

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (48)
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Stevenage, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 15, 2013

Stayed here for 1 night, and the room was very clean & tidy. The rooms are on the smaller side, but this is completely fine for business.

It took a bit longer to get to than anticipated, as the Hotel is not 'on' the airport, so had to go to Terminal 3, to find the shuttle 'Black Bus' for the 10/15 minute trip to the hotel. The bed was very comfortable, and I had a good nights sleep.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
3 Thank Loungelizaard
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed May 4, 2013

Here for one night before heading home. close to airport far from city. Room is very small but clean. Restaurant dinner was way too expensive and the food was poor. at least breakfast is free. Bed it's better than our other hotel. Nice big rose portrait on the wall. overall a good stay

• Stayed May 2013
2 Thank Disneyboi1982
France
Reviewed May 4, 2013

I cannot recommend staying in this hotel; it is a tour-group type of place, which is fine if you are actually part of the tour group and have your bus waiting for you outside. If not, then, without your own car, this place is a nightmare to get to and from. We mistakenly booked here instead of at the Ibis at Roissypole which is in between Terminals 1 and 2 of CDG airport. Late in the evening, we had to stand waiting half an hour for a shuttle to take us to the hotel (about a 30 minute ride), then fight the crowds at check-in at 10:30 at night. We got to eat the left overs on offer at the buffet in the restaurant 5 minutes before closing. Rooms were minutely small, not enough space to swing a cat. The beds were not particulary comfortable either. We had 2 rooms with a connecting door for our 2 kids. Wind howled into the room from gaps around the window of one of the bedrooms. In the morning, breakfast was a mad-house with the Chinese tour group we were sharing the dining room with. The final straw however was the shuttle back to the airport. These are few and far between (one every half hour, except at 8 am when there are 2 shuttles scheduled 10 minutes apart). Thankfully we planned on leaving earlier than necessary because when the shuttle bus arrived, it was already full, so we were not able to squeeze on and had to wait for the next one to come along (we were lucky - the next one came 10 minutes later instead of 30). That added stress to our journey which we would gladly have done without. The morning trip to the airport was longer: 45 minutes because we stopped at every other hotel en-route to the airport and got caught in a traffic jam close to the airport. The shuttle is not free either: 5 euros per adult. The price of the hotel is hardly any cheaper than the Ibis at Roissypole (CDG Terminal 3) and in any case, I'd gladly have paid more to be closer to the airport at (Ibis or Novotel or Holiday Inn).

Room Tip: Avoid this hotel.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank Deana J
New Delhi, India
Reviewed April 24, 2013

Hi, on our trip which was taken from tour operator " make my trip" this hotel was offered to us. Its close to airport but far from city.

Being from india v do not go along well with cold breakfast n thus didnt liked the same.

Hotel has a good size and rooms are very small.

Layout for breakfast as per local community is nice.

• Stayed April 2013
France
Reviewed April 17, 2013

THe IBIS Styles in Roissy en France is a reasonable option if you need to stay near CDG for a night. I have stayed there a few times when other hotels in Roissy have been beyond my budget or per dieum (for business travel). Beds are good and the rooms, if a little cramped are adequate. Breakfast is reasonable and includes fresh squeezed orange juice. The main problem with the hotel is that it often deals with large tour groups and this often leads to noisy nights with comings and goings in the corridors. Forget the restaurant for dinner and try woalking the very short distance into Roissy en France itself.

Room Tip: Ask for a room well away from the lifts.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Voyageur99France
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed April 10, 2013

I stayed here recently and I felt compelled to write a review as a means of thanks to the employees working there.

I took the shuttle from the airport to the hotel, which was extremely convenient. I arrived earlier than noon (the standard check-in time), feeling very tired. Charles at the front desk was very nice and understanding; he had no problem with assigning me a room early (luckily, one was available). I was very pleased.

The room itself was VERY clean. The beds were comfortable, the linen was of good quality, the hot water and pressure of the shower were great, and there was even a bathtub (which was pure heaven for me, as I had only been able to have showers for the past 8 months!). I also liked the fact that I was actually able to open the window in the room for some fresh air. Wifi was also unlimited, thankfully!

I booked a train ticket to Lyon and needed it printed. Isabelle at the front desk was very accommodating in getting it printed for me. She was also very nice. She had others to service at the front desk at the same time but she handled it very well.

From there, I had about twenty minutes before the shuttle to the airport arrived and I assumed I would have enough time for a quick dinner. The time was passing faster than I realised and when my dinner was served, I could not eat it there, as it would have meant missing the shuttle that I HAD to take in order to catch my train on time. I was a little panicked, however, Daphne at the restaurant came to the rescue. The restaurant does not do 'take-out', however, she saw to it that my dinner was properly packed for me to take, even including some bread rolls and a fork and knife! I was extremely impressed with her kindness and professionalism! And, I wish to say a big MERCI BEAUCOUP to her for it :)

Overall, I can only say good things about this hotel. It is clean, comfortable, conveniently located, and has great customer service. For those used to the regular Ibis rooms, perhaps the rooms at the Styles may seem smaller, but if there are two of you travelling, the space is sufficient. More than that would require a second room.

Again, thank you for a lovely stay and a BIG THANK YOU to all of the staff, particularly to Charles, Isabelle and especially to Daphne, for their excellent customer care!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
Also consider these accommodations in or near Roissy-en-France
Ibis Paris CDG Airport
Ibis Paris CDG Airport
#12 of 30 in Roissy-en-France
Ibis Styles Paris CDG Airport Roissy
Ibis Styles Paris CDG Airport Ro...
#3 of 30 in Roissy-en-France
Ibis Budget Roissy CDG Paris Nord 2
Ibis Budget Roissy CDG Paris Nor...
#19 of 30 in Roissy-en-France
Novotel Suites Paris Roissy CDG
Novotel Suites Paris Roissy CDG
#2 of 30 in Roissy-en-France
citizenM Paris Charles de Gaulle Airport
citizenM Paris Charles de Gaulle...
#1 of 5 in Tremblay-En-France
Mercure Paris Charles de Gaulle Airport et Convention
Mercure Paris Charles de Gaulle ...
#6 of 30 in Roissy-en-France

Been to Hotel ibis Styles Paris Roissy Cdg? Share your experiences!