“Welcome to Paris”

GreenLeadersBronze level
Zwickau, Germany
“Welcome to Paris”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 9, 2014 via mobile

After three months in Germany we travelled to Paris. I think my exportation about Paris was a bit to high, or was it the hotel? In the last few years I traveled a lot all around the world. Since last month I decided to right my comments on tripadvisor. I'm afraid this is going to be my first negative experience that I will post here.
We stayed in mercure port de pantin. Mercure a company where I'm staying very often with a lot of pleasure. This was a different coup of soup. We came in our room. Double bed room old and It was so tiny that we hardly could move and put our bags in the room. It can happen that you have a small room, but maybe an other setup of all the chairs beds tables etc etc. would help here. This was a kind of this should be I the room, so we do. After re-arranging the room it was bit better.
I know sometimes rooms are small. Most of the staff knows and they normally make it up with good service and a welcome smile.
In the morning I went down at 9:45. First thing what happens to me is that the staff came to me and without even saying good morning to say: sir you almost too late the breakfast stops at 10:00 so hurry up! This is the first time in several years that they commanded me to hurry up! I had still 15 minutes did I?
After a run through they small buffet without a lot of variation they asked me to sit in de room next door. No problem. After me more guest came into the room. The closed a few tables so those guest started to sit on the only table with was free. Than I was witness of the most crazy thin of that day. Benedict I guess the manager of breakfast came in to the room yelling to they guests that they where sitting on the lunchroom table!! That was for me a point that I said that she most stop yelling. What happen with the hospitality in this hotel.
This is one of the things that will follow me for a long time. Even when I wanted to make a complain against her to the manager she slept in between. I was not able to talk to the duty manager, she was behind Benedict hiding in the office.
Rest of the week was also very strange. Every morning and evening I and my roommate had to activate my room card. If you asked the reception to check our door they just blame us that we had our phone to close to the card. Something we did not do. They just gave you a the time a feeling that they didn't care.
I think I stop writing it makes me said. I'm a fan of mercure hotels, but if I can give you an advice. Go to the mercure 150 meters down the road.

Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Grégory C, Directeur général at Mercure Paris Porte de Pantin, responded to this review, March 31, 2014
Dear Sir, Dear Madam,

By answering our questionnaire, you have taken the time to give us your opinion about your recent stay in our hotel, and we thank you.

We are sorry that the service did not meet your expectations, especially concerning the attitude of the staff and also during the breakfast time,
We beg you to accept our sincerest apologies.

Be assured that your comments have been forwarded to the department concerned to ensure that the quality level meets your expectations and earns your trust when you next stay with us.

Looking forward to welcoming you shortly in one of the hotels of the Mercure network.

Mercure Paris Porte de Pantin

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
  • Turkish first
Cheshire, UK
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 7, 2014

This is one of the older Mercures so was very disappointing. We started with a room on floor 7 which was just awful! Like something out of the 70's with VERY old furniture.

I asked the surly staff at reception if any rooms had been updated and was begrudgingly given a room on the 3rd floor which was marginally better.

Apart from the inconvenience of having to change rooms and the fact the reception staff look down their nose at everyone - the main problem I have with this hotel, is like many hotels in France, it offers Fois Gras on the menu.
For those that are unaware what this is, just google it - better still watch a video of it being made. It is one of the MOST horrific foods that comes out of the meat industry.
Absolutely barbaric.

Had I not been travelling with a large party with work I would have changed hotels. I would never choose to stay in a hotel that sells this outdated item.

Tip to the management - Ditch the Fois Gras from the menu. It is NOT a tradition to be proud of.

Would I stay here again - NO WAY.
(Unless they change the staff, update all the rooms and most of all, change then menu)

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank catblackcat
Grégory C, Directeur général at Mercure Paris Porte de Pantin, responded to this review, February 17, 2014
Dear Sir, Dear Madame,

We are sorry that the service did not meet your expectations, especially concerning the attitude of the staff and the changement of room, and we beg you to accept our sincerest apologies.
Thank you note that all dishes in our restaurant are homemade, foie gras also, your comment about the meat industry must be thus reviewed concerning our restaurant.

We plan to renovate the hotel at the end of this year, we hope to earn your trust when you next stay with us.

Mercure Paris Porte de Pantin

Travelers are raving about these Pantin hotels

Brooklyn, New York
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 22, 2013

Simple clean room, not much to say about it. Breakfast was decent and ok internet connection. Not a very big room and service was very French, meaning slow and arrogant. We came straight for the airport in the morning and waited about 2 hours for our rooms. I guess they did what they could.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Grégory C, Directeur général at Mercure Paris Porte de Pantin, responded to this review, November 26, 2013
Dear Sir, Madam,

We thank you for having taken the time to give us your opinion on your stay in our hotel.

We are sorry that the service did not meet your expectations, and we beg you to accept our sincerest apologies about waiting to have your room key.

Be assured that the necessary corrective measures have already been taken to ensure that the quality level meets your expectations and earns your trust when you next stay with us.

Geneva, Switzerland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 21, 2013

+ close to line 5 metro, polite staff, supermarket and shops are close by, decent food in the hotel restaurant.

- no hand rails in the shower/bath, slippery and dangerous. Rooms a little too basic for Mercure standards.

Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Grégory C, Directeur général at Mercure Paris Porte de Pantin, responded to this review, November 25, 2013
Dear Sir, Madam,

Thank you for having taken the time to give us your views on your recent stay in our hotel.

My team and I are very grateful for your remarks. They will encourage us to maintain our efforts so that the services we provide for you fully meet your expectations.
Note that we predict global renovations for 2014 in order to improve our rooms.

Melbourne, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 22, 2013

The hotel was really far from the city centre but the room was okey all the basic things you need in a hotel is there except for the reception at night named MOSES. He is incompetent,rude, unaccomodating and don't even greet you neither smile at you.

I dont know why Mercure hotel which is a worlwide hotel has this kind of personnel. Hope he should be trained for a a exemplary customer service programme because he has no knowledge on how to treat customers with a smile

Dont forget if Mercure is reading this youre staff named MOSES should be out of you're payroll

Room Tip: juast dont ask MOSES so you can have agood service and a good groom
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
Grégory C, Directeur général at Mercure Paris Porte de Pantin, responded to this review, September 27, 2013
Dear Sir,

By answering our questionnaire, you have taken the time to give us your opinion about your stay in our hotel, and we thank you.

Our night receptionist is working with us since a long time and he is always very welcoming.
We are going to talk with him about potential problems encountered during your stay.
We beg you to accept our sincerest apologies.

Sheffield, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 11, 2013

An expensive city so this location in NE Paris near metro line 5 was a lower cost alternative. Near the metro station. Other facilities near by also such as supermarket and restaurants. Hotel staff friendly and helpful at reception - we had baby with us and they helped with early check in. Food offering at breakfast and dinner limited, but nice quality. Rooms a bit challenged on size. But overall just made a 4 star.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Dear Sir, Madam,

Thank you for having taken the time to give us your views on your stay in our hotel.

93500 PANTIN
Also consider these accommodations in or near Pantin
La Villette
Ibis Paris La Villette Cite des Sciences 19eme
La Villette
Holiday Inn Express Paris-Canal de la Villette

Been to Mercure Paris Porte de Pantin? Share your experiences!