After three months in Germany we travelled to Paris. I think my exportation about Paris was a bit to high, or was it the hotel? In the last few years I traveled a lot all around the world. Since last month I decided to right my comments on tripadvisor. I'm afraid this is going to be my first negative experience that I will post here.
We stayed in mercure port de pantin. Mercure a company where I'm staying very often with a lot of pleasure. This was a different coup of soup. We came in our room. Double bed room old and It was so tiny that we hardly could move and put our bags in the room. It can happen that you have a small room, but maybe an other setup of all the chairs beds tables etc etc. would help here. This was a kind of this should be I the room, so we do. After re-arranging the room it was bit better.
I know sometimes rooms are small. Most of the staff knows and they normally make it up with good service and a welcome smile.
In the morning I went down at 9:45. First thing what happens to me is that the staff came to me and without even saying good morning to say: sir you almost too late the breakfast stops at 10:00 so hurry up! This is the first time in several years that they commanded me to hurry up! I had still 15 minutes did I?
After a run through they small buffet without a lot of variation they asked me to sit in de room next door. No problem. After me more guest came into the room. The closed a few tables so those guest started to sit on the only table with was free. Than I was witness of the most crazy thin of that day. Benedict I guess the manager of breakfast came in to the room yelling to they guests that they where sitting on the lunchroom table!! That was for me a point that I said that she most stop yelling. What happen with the hospitality in this hotel.
This is one of the things that will follow me for a long time. Even when I wanted to make a complain against her to the manager she slept in between. I was not able to talk to the duty manager, she was behind Benedict hiding in the office.
Rest of the week was also very strange. Every morning and evening I and my roommate had to activate my room card. If you asked the reception to check our door they just blame us that we had our phone to close to the card. Something we did not do. They just gave you a the time a feeling that they didn't care.
I think I stop writing it makes me said. I'm a fan of mercure hotels, but if I can give you an advice. Go to the mercure 150 meters down the road.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Three star hotel offering 123 rooms. The Mercure Paris Porte De Pantin is located opposite the "Porte de Pantin", five minutes walk from the Parc De La Villette. Direct access to the centre of Paris by car, metro or RER regional train. The hotel features a restaurant, a bar, gardens, a fitness centre as well as bright, pleasant meeting rooms. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Agoda, Travelocity, Hotwire, ACCOR, Priceline, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Mercure Paris Porte de Pantin reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mercure Paris Porte De Pantin Hotel Pantin
- Accor Paris Porte De Pantin