“Outside the city, but nice.”

Holiday Inn Paris Marne La Vallee
Ranked #1 of 6 Hotels in Noisy-le-Grand
USA
“Outside the city, but nice.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 18, 2012

Was put up here as part of a tour group. Rooms were clean and tidy. Hotel the same. A bit off the beaten path, but close to the RER, which the group took daily into Paris; sometimes changing to metro upon arrival. A good breakfast (as continentals go - don't expect an overwhelming fat-inducing American breakfast, but who cares. Croissants, coffee, adorable little sausages, fruit. We're good to go.)

The shopping mall across the street was a little grim on the outside but seemed nice enough inside. Lots of traffic - not a "walkers" part of Paris. Actually, not sure it is part of Paris proper at all. I'm not sure I'd be out alone after dark there.

Not a bad place, not a great place. Suits the bill if you're seeking a decent, affordable hotel with easy access to public transportation, this should fit the bill..

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (77)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Grenoble, France
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 17, 2012

I do not take this review lightly, this is my first and only 1 star review in over 80 done so far. Where to begin. This stay was booked with points as I'm a regular HI business user and have been gold or platinum over the last few years. On arrival things looked ok, however they had initially placed us next to the lifts which is never appreciated. After changing this the new room had a door lock which was extremely loose and wobbly, but not to worry, this was just a minor irritation. Room was average fair for holiday inn which I've always found acceptable. As we got in, window was open and as it was raining water was pouring into the room. Shut window. Found toilet paper was cheapest and roughest rubbbish i have ever experienced. By this time the room was getting hot, so go to AC. Centrally controlled. On our way out for dinner try to get control. Nothing he can do. On our return we find that we can hear every sound of everyone around us, including the family above with 2 small, screaming and stomping children, not necessarily their fault, rooms should be adequately soundproofed as a matter of course. Long story short between the oppressive heat that meant sleeping on top of the bed until getting cold around 4 am meant getting under the covers, and hearing all of our neighbours nightly exploits, and then to top it off the girl on reception was unable to check us out as for her we had not stayed in the room and with us rushing to catch an early train to disney she wanted us to wait to call her supervisor.... this was the worst hotel experience of my entire life. Never have i slept so badly, had such easy listening rooms, or ever had the pleasure of such incompetence from hotel staff. Stay away. I'm not sure i shall return to HI even for business if this is the way things are going.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Biddazzu
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Paris Marne La Vallee, responded to this review, January 8, 2013
Dear Biddazzu,

Thank you for taking time out of your busy day to write a review of our hotel. We strive every day to create special experiences one guest at a time and I am truly sorry we did not manage this for your stay. I am very disappointed to hear of the inconveniences you experienced during your stay and would like to address your concerns in further details. I have sent you a private message in effort to obtain more information.

I look forward to hearing from you and being of further assistance.

Joel B
Case Manager
IHGCare
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 2, 2012

Nice modern, clean and friendly hotel. Stayed here with my wife and two young children for two nights to visit Disneyland. The hotel is easy to get to off the motorway and only 10-15 mins drive to Disneyland with secure parking on site.

The reception staff were really friendly, especially Sophie who was extremely helpful in helping us with directions to find the nearest hospital after my son was ill and checked in with us.

The food in the restaurant was good too - we stayed the first night of a new menu and the children's menu presented good value and both my wife and I enjoyed our meals.

It's located on the edge of Paris so not sure how convenient for the city centre but there is a main line station next to the hotel and I would consider staying again.

Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 2, 2012

I stayed at this hotel for my business trip just for 1 night. The room is spacious and clean, breakfast was good, wifi worked well. But the customer service should be improved. There is a card in the bathroom that says if you forget any amenity sets like toothbrush, cotton/cosmetic pads, shower cap, etc, you can get it from the front desk. This is the not the case. I couldn't get a shower car or cosmetic pads from the front desk staff as he told me they don't provide this. If your hotel doesn't provide this, don't state this in your room. This is a 4 star hotel and you shouldn't skimp on the basic amenities. Understand if you need to be more cost cutting. But there is certain customer service expectation for all Holiday Inn hotels.

Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank PoohlingE
Portsmouth, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 14, 2012

This Holiday Inn exceeded my expectations. The room was spotlessly clean and the perfect size for two to share. The separate toilet was a definite bonus.

The Front Desk staff are super friendly and were keen to help with directions as well as enjoying some banter. While the whole team were a delight, Sophie was particularly helpful and was great fun.

The hot breakfast left a lot to be desired however the continental option was spot on. If anything there was a bit too much for one person.

One major minor point was the restaurant food. Just microwaved food and pretty bad service. Not a smile between either of our two servers.

Although the Hotel is slightly out of the center of the city, the Metro is easy enough to get to grips with - easier than the London Underground. This Hotel is perfect for a trip to Disneyland.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank 28068
Royston, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 6, 2012

Stayed the one night here with my husband & daughter for a trip to Disney. Rooms were very clean & very comfortable. Great secure parking (additional cost but worth it). Very comfy beds with lovely pillows. Excellent value for money & only a 10 min drive from Disney gates.

• Stayed October 2012
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 4, 2012

After reading the mixed reviews, I went ahead and booked the Holiday Inn Marne La Valee for two nights in early November.

Overall, the hotel itself is very nice, the rooms are very nice, newly refurbished and with english tv channels, making a stay with our six year old daughter enjoyable.

The breakfast is very good with a hot (bacon, sausage, scrambled egg and.... tomato meatballs). The continental selection is also very good with excellent breads, yoghurts, preserves and cheeses. Nice coffee and orange juice top it off nicely

We ate at the hotel in the bar after our day at Disney. I had a nice burger and my other half had a croque monsieur at 10 Euros which, happended to be the same size at the childs croque monsieur my daughter had, but....she had an ice cream too at 7 Euros 50!.

Whilst the shopping centre and access to the RER Blue Line for both Disney and Central Paris were good, I did feel quite intimidated by the hotels environs. Im not easily spooked and perhaps it was because I had my family with me, but the area seemed very run down and unsavoury. We accessed the Holiday Inn from the shopping centre exit by McDonalds and found this to be the worst area, with smashed drinks bottles underfoot and some older youths loitering. I'd recommend using the alternative entrances by Zara (bottom preferably but it does get locked earlier in the evening). If however you do access past McDonalds, head right and down the spiral staircase and keep heading right to the hotel which takes around 2 minutes.

The only other gripe was checkout, whch took 30 minutes as the man behind the desk seemed interested in everything except checking me and the person in front of me out. A mix up with our booking also caused frustration in being charged even when the room was fully repaid.

Anyway, on balance a positive experience, but think carefully about the location, it might be better to stay in a nicer area if you like to explore....

Room Tip: 6th floor had zero noise