“Very nice Italian restaurant!” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Livio

Livio
Cuisines: Italian, European
Good for: Large groups, Special occasions, Business meetings, Families with children, Kids
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Valet Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Kaarina, Finland
“Very nice Italian restaurant!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 18, 2012

Went here for lunch and was very impressed with the food. Food was very delicious and the linguine was just spot on! The decor is typical for an Italian restaurant. Service was fast and friendly.

I really liked the restaurant and will go there again, if only possible.

Visited October 2012
1 Thank t_style

• Korean first
Bury St. Edmunds, United Kingdom
“Great recommendation”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 25, 2012 via mobile

We were recommended to this restaurant by our hotel. We were not disappointed and if others say there are better Italian restaurants in this area please say which: they may be right but we thought the prices fair, the service good despite being busy. The atmosphere was amongst the best I have experienced. We ate and could not manage all of the food supplied but my fussy family ate as much as I have ever seen, with no complaints. The cost per head was £20 with wine (house). I would be happy to go back.

Nicosia
“amazing restaurant”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 23, 2012

excellent food, great service and value for money!

Visited July 2012
Bellevue
“You're eating good Italian in Neuilly but it feels like NYC”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 16, 2012

French people love good Italian food, and when visiting the upscale Neuilly area, it doesn't get much better than Livio. Besides, it has that distinctly un-French feeling of being in a classic New York Italian eatery, with above average "buzz" of a big place and multiple semi-loud conversations. There's even signed pictures of local celebrities on the walls, just like in New York.

My group of 3 persons were seated at, perhaps, the quietest table in the place, and we enjoyed thorough service and good food. Mind you, it isn't the best Italian I've ever had, but, after all, this is Paris, not Alba. Although there's a nice selection of Italian wines, we stuck with a French bordeaux, moderately priced at 38 Euros, and enjoyed it with both the starters and main course.

For a first course, we ordered and shared a tasty bruschetta topped with very thinly shaved parma ham, and some mild soft French chevre. It was substantial enough for 3 persons. For main course, one person ordered a steak which was juicy and properly prepared. My spouse and I had vegetarian pastas, both steaming hot, cooked perfectly al dente and tasty. We shared a dessert of vanilla ice cream bathing in a mild liquor, and topped with fresh espresso. Delicious but for the price, they should have served 2 - 3 scoops of ice cream. Unfortunately the espresso ordered after dessert was bitter, compared with others I've tasted in Paris.

Overall, I feel that the value is okay, given the neighborhood. For three persons, our total (including tax/tip and a large Evian water) came to 158 Euros -- a moderate price in this upscale Paris suburb.

Valet parking is offered at a reasonable 8 Euros.

• Visited July 2012
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Berkeley, California
“I Thought I'd Be More Impressed”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 16, 2011

And I wasn't. Everyone raves how good the Italian is here, and while it is a cute restaurant (we ate outside), I felt the food was average, and the prices much too high. The sauce had broken on the Pasta Carbonara (and they still served it), and the pizza we got was overloaded with cheese making the crust soggy. My husband did like his lasagna though, and didn't leave a drop. We will probably not be back as we've found two other Italian Restaurants we prefer in Neuilly.

• Visited August 2011