“You're eating good Italian in Neuilly but it feels like NYC”
Review of Livio

Livio
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Business meetings, Special occasions, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Bellevue
“You're eating good Italian in Neuilly but it feels like NYC”
Reviewed July 16, 2012

French people love good Italian food, and when visiting the upscale Neuilly area, it doesn't get much better than Livio. Besides, it has that distinctly un-French feeling of being in a classic New York Italian eatery, with above average "buzz" of a big place and multiple semi-loud conversations. There's even signed pictures of local celebrities on the walls, just like in New York.

My group of 3 persons were seated at, perhaps, the quietest table in the place, and we enjoyed thorough service and good food. Mind you, it isn't the best Italian I've ever had, but, after all, this is Paris, not Alba. Although there's a nice selection of Italian wines, we stuck with a French bordeaux, moderately priced at 38 Euros, and enjoyed it with both the starters and main course.

For a first course, we ordered and shared a tasty bruschetta topped with very thinly shaved parma ham, and some mild soft French chevre. It was substantial enough for 3 persons. For main course, one person ordered a steak which was juicy and properly prepared. My spouse and I had vegetarian pastas, both steaming hot, cooked perfectly al dente and tasty. We shared a dessert of vanilla ice cream bathing in a mild liquor, and topped with fresh espresso. Delicious but for the price, they should have served 2 - 3 scoops of ice cream. Unfortunately the espresso ordered after dessert was bitter, compared with others I've tasted in Paris.

Overall, I feel that the value is okay, given the neighborhood. For three persons, our total (including tax/tip and a large Evian water) came to 158 Euros -- a moderate price in this upscale Paris suburb.

Valet parking is offered at a reasonable 8 Euros.

• Visited July 2012

• Korean first
Berkeley, California
“I Thought I'd Be More Impressed”
Reviewed October 16, 2011

And I wasn't. Everyone raves how good the Italian is here, and while it is a cute restaurant (we ate outside), I felt the food was average, and the prices much too high. The sauce had broken on the Pasta Carbonara (and they still served it), and the pizza we got was overloaded with cheese making the crust soggy. My husband did like his lasagna though, and didn't leave a drop. We will probably not be back as we've found two other Italian Restaurants we prefer in Neuilly.

• Visited August 2011
New York City, New York
“overstated place”
Reviewed October 9, 2011

I live nearby and my friends love this place for some reasons: they are very carefull with the clients, know their name if they are frequent customers, but the food is not great or creative at all. Pizzas: tasteless, desserts: it's likr the icecream was bought at the local market... And it is not cheap.
I think it is overrated.

• Visited September 2011
Paris, France
“Pathetic”
Reviewed August 24, 2011

'Everyone' in Neuily comes here. Porsche Cayenne and Mercedes SL adorn this narrrow street. But why? To hang out with each-ther? Probably. Not because theu know italian food or because they can telll the difference between a good pizza and a hub-cap, that's for sure. There are plenty of bad restaurants in the world but that's ok, because noone ever said they were good. But this is different. This place clais to be good, and some people believe it is. It must honestly be the worst Italian I have ever eaten in, anywhere in the world. Ok, Livio is working in unchartered waters. There has never been a history of good italian restaurants in Paris. Those that the French thought were good were actually mediocre, but the poor souls didn't know better. Gosh, I've forgotten their names now. But there are now some decent itlians in Paris, like Enrico Bernardo's wonderful place. Go to the others. Avoid this one.

1 Thank i-live-for-lunch
Toronto, Canada
“An Excellent Meal”
Reviewed May 16, 2011

In Paris for a few nights, my friend took me to his favorite local Italian restaurant. In my humble opinion, the meal was excellent. Suffice to say is now my favorite in Paris as well.

• Visited May 2011