“Can't get worse!”
Review of Hotel du Roule

Hotel du Roule
Reviewed February 24, 2012

My company booked a room there as location was excellent. When entering the room, I thought this was a joke, dirty, old, paint falling. When seeing the bathroom, I thought I'd rather not take a shower there. 95 € is way too expensive for such a hotel. I'll saty with ACCOR hotels or any other next time, even though I need to take a metro, but there is no way I go back there again!!!!

Room Tip: Go anywhere else that here! Even in the center , with the metro it is direct to neuilly!!
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank Brusselsgirl

Reviewed November 15, 2011

I stayed in this hotel for ten days while visiting my sister in Neuilly, France and I was so disappointed that on my third day something was missing from my small luggage (you wouldn’t want to ask what is it). Linens were kind of dusty and smelled stale if you knew what I meant to say. But of course the location is excellent because Neuilly is an expensive spot.

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled solo
Reviewed August 11, 2011

For every single person who wrote a bad review of this place, your an idiot. If you want a small, quiet, close to main street Paris, this is for you. Its not a dump, its old, Paris and europe is way older than America where even a motel 6 is big. I stayed here and stay here everytime I go. I dont need all the crappy LARGE LOBBY, Gold Plated paint and Bling bling cause I only SLEEP there for which it is perfect. I dont care for the BREAKFAST in the AM cause I am in Paris baby, Coffee at a cafe with ome crossants etc is where its at. Stupid 1 time travelors want luxury and pampering.. Go spend a bazillion bucks for the Marriott or Windhams etc. I dont want you near me....

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled as a couple
3  Thank flowbart
Reviewed June 13, 2011

The staff was nice, the room was clean and with free wi-fi internet access. Close to Porte Maillot for the bus to Beauvais Airport. The location is on a quiet street, about 10 minutes from Arc de Triomphe.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled with friends
Reviewed January 12, 2011

entered it and within 5 mins i was gone,lobby small,lift tiny,room was a joke,i wouldnt put my dog in it,paints falling off walls,beds older than paris,bathroom was a mess,really dirty place,how this is 2 stars is beyond me.i have been all over the world and have never seen anything so run down,wen i said to reception she went mad,shouting what do u want me to do,i know its a dump,she even said u get wat u pay for,well at 180euro for 2 nites,that wud be enuff to keep it for a year,left and went down the street to a 3 star and was great,staff friendly etc.please keep clear,needless to say,they still took the 90 euro for one nite outa my account,

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank bajasus
Reviewed October 29, 2010

I was in shock when I walked in this hotel. The photo of the lobby was not anything like the picture, the paint was peeling, the mattress was awful. No security for the room. We were suppose to have a courtyard view and all we saw were rusty roof tops. The toilet had no seat and only flushed when you turn the water knobs on to wash things down. The elevator barely fits one person and a suitcase. To tell you the truth, I was waiting for the ladies of the night to come out of one of the rooms. Although the price was lower than most of the hotels, it goes back to the saying, " You get what you pay for!" The desk clerk was extremely rude. Save yourself a very big headache and don't go there. I think it was the original roach motel. Stayed 5 minutes and left.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 31, 2010

I spent a full week at a conference at the nearby Palais des Congres, so this was a perfect location for my purposes. And to put things in perspective, by paying €70/night, I saved about €1,000 for the week compared to the conference hotel a stone's throw distant. Nor is this hotel too far from the big sights, about 30 min of classic Parisienne walking. Neuilly-sur-Seine to the northwest of the hotel is a beautiful upscale neighborhood that I thoroughly enjoyed exploring it. A great place for up market shopping and strolling, and lots of ethnic restaurants.

My room was mixed. It was a comfortable size, all the furniture was brand new, and the bed was comfortable. It was all recently and tastefully redecorated. The bathroom on the other hand was a survivor from a Soviet era hospital, no bathtub, Toon Town plumbing, etc. The hotel public areas are plain disgusting, and the elevator is a mini torture chamber. Internet is actually free, but you have to pick a new code every day from the desk, which is irritating. The breakfast is another gulag leftover, coffee, three dry pastries, a pat of butter, and some jam.

If you avoid the breakfasts and close your eyes and nose while you pass through the public areas, this is an economical place to stay near Paris.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Neuilly-sur-Seine
1 mi away
#6 of 8 in Neuilly-sur-Seine
Hyatt Regency Paris Etoile
Hyatt Regency Paris Etoile
#1,172 of 1,804 in Paris

Been to Hotel du Roule? Share your experiences!