“a pleasant suprise”

Hotel de la Jatte
Llanelli, United Kingdom
“a pleasant suprise”
Reviewed August 6, 2012

Myself and my husband stayed here for 4 nights from 28th July. I booked it not knowing anything about Paris or the surrounding areas, I just took a risk. I'm glad I did, very reasonable price including breakfast, comfortable rooms, although a little small, friendly staff and spotlessly clean. The hotel was about a fifteen minute walk to the nearest metro which we used daily to get around Paris. Generally we just use our hotel as a base, just somewhere to sleep, so if you have the same sort of attitude then this hotel is ideal, we managed to see everything which we'd planned to see without staying central and probably paying double the cost for. A little tip, when we gor off our metro stop at Port de Neully there was an Irish pub called St Johns, the food was amazing and happy hour everyday from 16.00-20.00 with very reasonable priced drinks, large beer 4 euros.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank shazza95

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
  • Greek first
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 2, 2012

Stayed at the Hotel de la Jatte for a business trip. The rooms are clean and comfortable. A little on the warm side but that was soon sorted. The hotel staff are very polite. Breakfast was nice and not too expensive at €12. It is in a nice quiet location but not too far away from the metro and travel for business meetings in W Paris.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank Johnnycash72
Moscow, Russia
Reviewed June 10, 2012

The reception staff was really friendly and welcoming. The bed was also comfy. Unfortunately, the rest was not so nice: no normal shower curtain which meant poodles of water on the floor every day, toilet got stuck in flushing mode every other time, WiFi can only be used on 1 device at a time and expires after 3 hours of use, breakfast was very mediocre for its price.
I will probably want to pick a different hotel next time, even though this one was pretty close to our French office.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
Ottawa, Ontario
Reviewed May 31, 2012

Two of us stayed here for a few days in late June - early July 2011. The surroundings are nice, and the location isn't too bad -- it's about a 15 minute walk to the nearest Metro stop, but there are also Velib bike rental stations nearby. On a couple of evenings, the weather was so nice that we walked back to the hotel from central Paris, heading out along the Avenue des Ternes. The location is generally quiet in the evenings and at night, although you will get some noise from emergency vehicles using the nearby bridge. It's nothing unusual, though, especially for a major city.

We dealt directly with the hotel, and there was a deal on bookings which meant that we got a larger room than we would ordinarily have had for the price we paid. The room was clean, and there was more than enough room for us and our belongings. As others have pointed out, there's no shower curtain in the bathroom, so be careful where you put your toiletries in the morning, and watch out for slippery puddles when you step out of the tub on to the floor.

The dealings we had with the staff were friendly and helpful (both of us are fluent in French, although I'm not sure how much difference that made). Be aware that the breakfast buffet is taken in promptly at the end of the allotted time (10AM, if memory serves). The buffet had a decent selection, and we didn't feel as if we were lacking anything to start off our day.

Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
Weston super Mare
Reviewed May 9, 2012

I needed accommodation for a few days while attending a course in Courbevoie. I could not have asked for better than the delightful Hotel de la Jatte. My 'cosy' room was just that - a lovely comfy double bed, excellent en-suite, plenty of storage and the all important power point, with manually controlled Heating. It was perfect for my needs.

The hotel has been recently refurbished, and is friendly, chic and comfortable. The staff were very helpful; WiFi connection is free. Breakfast was continental style, plentiful and taken in a conservatory-style extension off the small lounge. So lovely to walk out in the morning and be right beside the Seine. My walk took me over the Pont de Courveboie with extensive views across to La Defense, and upstream to the attractive isle views.

The hotel is within a shortish walk of two Metro lines, and bus stops, so very easy access to any part of the city. When i left, it took me about 20 minutes to walk with my luggage to the Metro at Pont de Levallois - a lovely walk past houseboats moored alongside the isle.

I am delighted to have found this haven in Paris. I go often as my daughter lives in a village to the south of the city, and it has never occurred to me before to stay in town. I shall certainly return.

Room Tip: Rooms are graded; most of them do not face the river. If you want a river view, I suggest you check...
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank innerpeacesolutions
London
Reviewed April 28, 2012

The staff at reception are absolutely lovely, very friendly and helpful. Unfortunately, that is the only good thing I have to say about Hotel de la Jatte.

The bedrooms are absolutely tiny and quite dirty, especially the carpets which in my case were covered in crumbs, as was the corridor to the rooms.

Breakfast was a paltry affair and when I opened my croissant, there was a dead fly inside!!

Suffice to say I will never be coming back to this hotel, especially at €500 for 3 nights.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business

Travelers are raving about these Neuilly-sur-Seine hotels

Basel, Switzerland
Reviewed November 13, 2011

I've stayed here twice because my company's French office is located a few blocks away. So, staying here has been mandatory rather than an option. It's a small hotel. The rooms are horribly small. One time, it was difficult to get my luggage in the room. Bed is comfortable. Shower has no door or curtain (makes for a cold, drafty shower). Free internet. Breakfast is super disappointing (so many small Parisian hotels still have amazing breakfast items but this one did not). If you have to stay in Ile de Jatte for business reasons and a hotel in Paris is not an option - OK to stay here. However, if you have options - worth staying somewhere else.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Neuilly-sur-Seine
Hotel Charlemagne
Ibis Paris Defense Courbevoie
Jardin de Neuilly
Jardin de Neuilly
#5 of 8 in Neuilly-sur-Seine

Been to Hotel de la Jatte? Share your experiences!