“Good service, average hotel”
Review of Hotel de la Jatte

Hotel de la Jatte
Reviewed June 10, 2012

The reception staff was really friendly and welcoming. The bed was also comfy. Unfortunately, the rest was not so nice: no normal shower curtain which meant poodles of water on the floor every day, toilet got stuck in flushing mode every other time, WiFi can only be used on 1 device at a time and expires after 3 hours of use, breakfast was very mediocre for its price.
I will probably want to pick a different hotel next time, even though this one was pretty close to our French office.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business

Reviewed May 31, 2012

Two of us stayed here for a few days in late June - early July 2011. The surroundings are nice, and the location isn't too bad -- it's about a 15 minute walk to the nearest Metro stop, but there are also Velib bike rental stations nearby. On a couple of evenings, the weather was so nice that we walked back to the hotel from central Paris, heading out along the Avenue des Ternes. The location is generally quiet in the evenings and at night, although you will get some noise from emergency vehicles using the nearby bridge. It's nothing unusual, though, especially for a major city.

We dealt directly with the hotel, and there was a deal on bookings which meant that we got a larger room than we would ordinarily have had for the price we paid. The room was clean, and there was more than enough room for us and our belongings. As others have pointed out, there's no shower curtain in the bathroom, so be careful where you put your toiletries in the morning, and watch out for slippery puddles when you step out of the tub on to the floor.

The dealings we had with the staff were friendly and helpful (both of us are fluent in French, although I'm not sure how much difference that made). Be aware that the breakfast buffet is taken in promptly at the end of the allotted time (10AM, if memory serves). The buffet had a decent selection, and we didn't feel as if we were lacking anything to start off our day.

Stayed: June 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 9, 2012

I needed accommodation for a few days while attending a course in Courbevoie. I could not have asked for better than the delightful Hotel de la Jatte. My 'cosy' room was just that - a lovely comfy double bed, excellent en-suite, plenty of storage and the all important power point, with manually controlled Heating. It was perfect for my needs.

The hotel has been recently refurbished, and is friendly, chic and comfortable. The staff were very helpful; WiFi connection is free. Breakfast was continental style, plentiful and taken in a conservatory-style extension off the small lounge. So lovely to walk out in the morning and be right beside the Seine. My walk took me over the Pont de Courveboie with extensive views across to La Defense, and upstream to the attractive isle views.

The hotel is within a shortish walk of two Metro lines, and bus stops, so very easy access to any part of the city. When i left, it took me about 20 minutes to walk with my luggage to the Metro at Pont de Levallois - a lovely walk past houseboats moored alongside the isle.

I am delighted to have found this haven in Paris. I go often as my daughter lives in a village to the south of the city, and it has never occurred to me before to stay in town. I shall certainly return.

Room Tip: Rooms are graded; most of them do not face the river. If you want a river view, I suggest you check...
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank innerpeacesolutions
Reviewed April 28, 2012

The staff at reception are absolutely lovely, very friendly and helpful. Unfortunately, that is the only good thing I have to say about Hotel de la Jatte.

The bedrooms are absolutely tiny and quite dirty, especially the carpets which in my case were covered in crumbs, as was the corridor to the rooms.

Breakfast was a paltry affair and when I opened my croissant, there was a dead fly inside!!

Suffice to say I will never be coming back to this hotel, especially at €500 for 3 nights.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed November 13, 2011

I've stayed here twice because my company's French office is located a few blocks away. So, staying here has been mandatory rather than an option. It's a small hotel. The rooms are horribly small. One time, it was difficult to get my luggage in the room. Bed is comfortable. Shower has no door or curtain (makes for a cold, drafty shower). Free internet. Breakfast is super disappointing (so many small Parisian hotels still have amazing breakfast items but this one did not). If you have to stay in Ile de Jatte for business reasons and a hotel in Paris is not an option - OK to stay here. However, if you have options - worth staying somewhere else.

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed September 30, 2010

A good enough hotel for business. I think I'd be slightly less impressed if I was paying the bill myself. The rooms are clean, the bathrooms fine. In terms of location it's great for the Isle de la Jatte and is probably OK for Neuilly and a good option for la Defense, too. I wouldn't stay here if I was visiting central Paris, though the transport connections from Neuilly and Levallois-Perret (both a pleasant and peaceful15 minute walk away) are good enough. The Isle de la Jatte is an attractive and placid spot, though it isn't really a destination in its own right. After an hour or so of strolling, finding some impressionist connections and looking at the nice houses that you can't afford, you've done the lot.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed September 9, 2010

Staying on the Ile de la Jatte was the highlight of our trip to Paris! It is extremely beautiful, peaceful and just the place to 'get away from it all'. The river pathways with willow trees, the silent peniches parked one behind each other and the gorgeous residential apartments on quiet cobbled streets made it a wonderful experience.
Even though you are far out of the hustle and bustle of touristy Paris, you can get there by bus ( right outside the hotel almost) or a quick taxi ride.
Our room at the Hotel Ile-de-la-Jatte was quite large with a huge modern bathroom and at the back of the hotel.
Breakfast was the usual continental array of dishes and very satisfying. There were loads of people from Holland, Bruxelles, Germany and Italy. I think we could have been the first South Africans ever to stay at this hotel!
The reception we received was very helpful and they showed us several alternate rooms we could choose. Although only two of us we were given a triple room.
Two nights was not enough - There are sufficient restaurants to suite all tastes but we loved the corner Chinese place called Chez Yau. Definitely the best Chinese food ever eaten in Paris!

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Tod3
Also consider these accommodations in or near Neuilly-sur-Seine
Hotel Charlemagne
Ibis Paris Defense Courbevoie
Crowne Plaza Paris - Neuilly
Crowne Plaza Paris - Neuilly
#1 of 8 in Neuilly-sur-Seine

Been to Hotel de la Jatte? Share your experiences!