“Nice, glossy touches, but not everything works”
3 of 5 bubbles Review of Jardin de Neuilly

Jardin de Neuilly
London, UK
“Nice, glossy touches, but not everything works”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 15, 2012

I've stayed at this hotel twice now, and had good and bad on each stay. On the first, I had a lovely room overlooking one of the two inner courtyards, so it was beautifully quiet. The bed was great, the bathroom good, and the aircon worked well in the summer heat. However, there was no hot water until 10pm, and the wifi did not work in my room - which meant that I missed an important online meeting. On the second stay, I got a room overlooking the street at the front of the hotel, and it was not too noisy. The wifi was slow and patchy at best, but at least I knew not to rely on it. The big problem was the bed - it was made up of two narrow matresses pushed together with a sheet over the top. That would have been ok, but the matresses dipped where they joined together in the middle, and I had a very uncomfortable night with little sleep. The breakfast is average at best for the cost. The staff are friendly and welcoming.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
London, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 24, 2012

My wife and I spent 3 days at this hotel. We booked on 7th Nov 2011 to plan for 21st to 23rd Jan 2012. We were given a room on the second floor of the annexe of the building with NO lift. The room was small and the lighting poor. We complained about a light which was not functioning over a mirror, this was never replaced during my 3 day stay, although we told them several more times.We made drinks with the kettle provided,but this area was never tidied and the tea bags replaced. The last day we were left with one bath towel for two people. They charged 160 Euros, pn for the room plus 16 Euros pp for a continental breakfast The hotel seems to be run by part timers, and I never spoke to the same person twice When we were leaving,we vacated our room by 12 am, but we were leaving at night,so we were sightseeing during the day and came back and sat in the badly lit lounge and ordered 3 cups of tea, that is three cups of hot water with one tea bag per cup and for that pleasure they charged 18 Euros!!!

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank geraldgrays
Amsterdam
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 15, 2012

The hotel is situated near the main forrest of Paris. All main attractions of Paris are reached within 30 minutes by metro station Sablon. Rooms are clean. Food is ok. Good value for money when enjoying Paris.

• Stayed October 2011
1 Thank Pheebster
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 4, 2011

I have stayed at this hotel numerous times over the past few years due to its locazion to La Defense. Overall, the experience was not bad. However, after a recent stay, i was bitten by bed bugs all over my face....2 nights in a row. It took at least 2 weeks for the bites to go away, disgusting!

• Stayed August 2011
1 Thank Tanyamj_126
Beijing, China
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 13, 2011

This hotel could be so much more... I thought I was going to experience a lovely boutique hotel, but it suffers from the same ailments as many small French hotels: everything feels old and worn, to such an extent that it spoils what could be a great stay. And my bathroom was minuscule, despite a deluxe room: barely enough room for the toilet, sink and shower.

Staff is great - but it doesn't make up for the rest.

• Stayed March 2011
Oakbrook Terrace, Illinois
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 15, 2011

The most negative reviews carry a lot of the same issues I most noted - no in room clock, inconsistent operating remote control for TV, only the bathroom was really splendid, no dressers or drawers to put clothes in, internet signal of marginal at best strength in the rear building, room of clausterphobic size. View out window was a small courtyard (sue people in the other building could see us) and the bathroom window had no covering. Reception is very nice, just shocked at the spartan nature of the room, furnishings, and it was not cheap. Location was well north of Arch so metro or you are in for a long long walk; 12 euro taxi ride to the Sienne.
Now, staff was SUPER. They cared, we had good dialogue, but the owner has some work to do. Breakfast was ok. For same price I stayed in a Holiday Inn in Latin Quarter with view of Eiffel, with "better" room amenities though no breakfast. And it had a lift and rooftop-patio.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
Isle of Man, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 22, 2011

I have lived in Paris for a few years, and it happened to go back for a couple of nights during a very long trip, so I searched for not very expensive options, a small hotel with good value and in a good location. This is difficult as sometimes you can end up in a horrible and dirty place, but I had the chance to know somebody who could recommend the hotel, so I booked myself a room.

The location is fantastic, once you know Paris and you don't want to stay downtown. My former residence was in the XVI district, so being in Neuilly was also like being back home. It takes nothing by car to get into central busy Paris, it is relatively easy to park during night-time or the weekends, and it is quiet and safe. Metro "Les Sablons" is 3 minutes walking, directly connected to Champs Elysées.

The hotel is nice, small house, French style with narrow corridors and narrow doors, small rooms all over. It is in good shape, it all looks good.

The room was ok, not really big, but fine. Bed, however, was two single mattresses together, making it not very comfortable if you like to sleep in the middle. Aircon very silent, to my surprise. Amenities in room limited, but ok. The bathroom was not bad, it also included average toilettries that I didn't really used as I had my own from samples I was given at the airport.

Breakfast good, with nice Nespresso coffee and good croissants, French tradition.

Staff efficient and polite.

Internet connection was poor, however, not always working, but I think they are fixing it by moving to a different supplier, which will be good.

Overall, a nice sleep and a nice breakfast, for a good rate (considering the rates in Paris). This may not be Bristol or Crillon, but neither it is " Pension Dupont * " and it feels in good shape, with a lovely setting for breakfast. I recommend this place for anybody who is OK for sleeping outside Paris.

Room Tip: There is a nice brasserie open late close by....