“Just another station-type hotel”

Mercure Massy Gare TGV
Ranked #3 of 5 Hotels in Massy
Reviewed November 6, 2013

We stayed there a few months ago for a couple of nights, and wished we didn't. I was relying on the Mercure name as I've had good experience staying in this chain elsewhere before, but this Mercure branch needs an honest-to-goodness updating or upgrading. Reception was quite efficient (though I found it disconcerting that the sales manager (he seemed to be) only acknowledged my husband whenever we were at the counter requesting something -- perhaps because he spoke french and i did not? They already knew that when we first arrived).

The room was relatively clean but small and basic. A lot of stuff in our room, however, badly needed fixing! The window shades would not close properly, one of the wall lamps was cracked or bashed in, and the toilet paper holder in the bathroom was loose. For the room rate I paid, I expected the basic things at least to work.

The location is good only if one is transiting (and do not need anything but a relatively clean bed for a few hours and a quick shower) or has work to do in the immediate area, which is an industrial park, with some residential apartments a block or so away. In any case, there is nothing else to do or to see here. Good thing, though, is that wifi connection was strong (at least in our room) and there were good channels n TV -- it compensated for the really bland surroundings.

We checked out the breakfast buffet, but decided against it, as we thought it was too paltry for the amount they charged. We got croissants and coffee in the station, instead.

Such a joyless place, but if one doesn't mind so much not to get value for what one pays for and absolutely need to be in that area, then it is better to choose another hotel (but not in this area).

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
Alberto C, Directeur général at Mercure Massy Gare TGV, responded to this reviewResponded January 17, 2014

Dear Guest ,
First of all thank you for your nice comment , The whole Mercure Massy Gare TGV team as well as the hotel management will be looking forward to your next visit.

Allow me to sincerely apologize to your goodself for failing to meet your expectations with regard to some points of your stay, whilst at the same time I thank you for taking the time to bring this issue to our attention.

I do hope that we will have the opportunity once again to serve you in the very near future.

Cordially,

Reviewed October 7, 2013

Our rooms were exceedingly hot, and the air conditioning wasn't working. When we complained at the reception, we were told that the air conditioning is always switched off during the "cold season", and it is completely and utterly impossible to switch it back on. On top of this, the windows in our rooms couldn't be opened, so it was uncomfortably hot at night, and impossible to get a good night's sleep. The staff were friendly, but their English was rather limited, so communication was difficult. The food was mediocre at best. Overall this was very bad value for money, even by Paris standards.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

Dear ,
Thank you to take time to write your opinion about our hotel ,
Kindly be sure that each word was analyzed and we have check all the air-condition system you be sure that this kind of disturb will never happened again at our hotel .
Thanks again and kindly be sure that all our team doing and will continue to do more to give you the best service ,
we are looking that you will kindly accept all our apologize

Hoping to welcome you back to our hotel soon

Reviewed September 15, 2013

There is a total lack of consistency as to what parts of the hotel are open on the weekend. No breakfast, lunch or dinner to be relied upon - ever. Don't be fooled if the buffet dinner is available - purely leftovers from the week and weekend timings are all over the place. The appointments in the room are inconsistent. Be prepared to make some rearrangements to get basic functions. This is the only hotel that I pack an extension cord for - something I learned on my first visit 18 months ago. Staff are helpful but the organisation is atrocious. The refurbished reception cannot hide the poor management of this place.

Room Tip: I haven't found one yet that I could recommend in my 3 stays.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business

Dear Guest,
It was our pleasure having the chance to have you with us. I am extremely sorry that your experience did not meet your expectations for this stay, please accept my sincerest apologist.

It is indeed a concern that you feel the services offered was not up to the expected fine standards; we will of course take this very seriously and rectify any unusual shortfalls that may have occurred during your stay.

Let me seize this opportunity to thank you for taking the time to bring this matter to our attention, as honest opinion and constructive criticism is the only way that would enable us to improve and meet our guests expectations.

Sincerely Yours,

Reviewed September 5, 2013

The Room was good, Bed was very confortable. I found a bit odd that the shower was broken and the spare parts were in the bathroom, however the day after it was fixed and the parts were taken away so I did not bother to contact the hotel. The hotel has an excellent restaurant with a good variety of

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
Alberto C, Directeur général at Mercure Massy Gare TGV, responded to this reviewResponded January 18, 2014

Dear Guest ,

First of all thank you for your nice comment! The whole Mercure Paris Massy Gare TGV , team as well as the hotel management will be looking forward to your next visit.

We are delighted that you have enjoyed your stay with us. We take our customer feedback of utmost importance and would like to assure you that we continue to benchmark all our services against the market and updates are made accordingly.

We look forward to welcoming you back soon,

Cordially;

Reviewed September 3, 2013

Bed was comfortable - room was very quiet. Free in-room wi-fi, though I had to keep logging in several times a night to use it. Breakfast was good, lots of options. Very close to the RER station. Small grocery store down the street, as well as a pharmacy. Not many options for dinner in the immediate area though. Front desk staff was friendly and helpful! A bit far out if you all you plan to do is tour Paris..

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business

Dear Guest,

I would like to thank you most sincerely for sharing your thoughts of Mercure Paris MAssy Gare TGV with others guests’ on the tripadvisor.

We were very pleased to read that you have enjoyed your stay with us. It is always a great pleasure to receive such compliments, as it truly serves as a motivational factor in striving to achieve excellence.

Please rest assured that your detailed feedback has been very influential in the urge to improve to receive such positive comments.

Cordially;

Reviewed August 29, 2013

I enjoy my 2 nights sleep here, as we flew across ocean and continent from Indonesia. The bed is comfortable with extra pillows stashed in the closet. They provide thick and huge towels, but strangely there weren't any amenities what so ever provided. First I thought they forgot to replenished it when cleaning up both rooms I and my family used, what a coincidence I thought. But since we are all a bit jetlagged so no fuss, went to sleep after the hot soapless shower. But the next night when we came in from a whole day tour and the room is neatly made, there were still no amenities in any corner, I knew that either this management is stingy or somebody is naughty with their stocks.
Breakfast was ok and adequate, nothing special.
The plus is it has free and fast wifi, perhaps I was given a good room location for the signal reception.

Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank AnitaJo J

Thank you for choosing Mercure Paris Massy Gare TGV
I would like to sincerely thank you for sharing with us your feedback and letting us know about your recent visit. To receive such praise from our guest is very gratifying and knowing that you enjoyed so much the facilities, view and service is a reward in itself.

Your positive feedback has been shared with the team, which will encourage them to continue their efforts in this direction.

Reviewed August 12, 2013

I stayed here for 13 nights which was a long one but I was on a course for work up the road and so this was handy to get to the office. The hotel is nice enough and the staff very nice and helpful. The price of the hotel was just crazy and it said it was 4 stars. more like a great 2 or a 3. The restaurant was very overpriced and just a bit pants really. A friend ordered a dish and it turned out to be a plate of cheese and nothing else. Then ordered something else on another day and that was just a plate of salmon. So really quite rubbish. So we didnt eat there for that reason. The other things on the menu looked ok but again overpriced. 14 euros for a sandwich was a bit high. 8 Euros for a big beer which was just crazy. But then again it is Paris. Not that its actually in Paris.
The first room I stayed in I had to be moved from as the air con didnt work. The second room was ok but it took me a week to get a TV remote out of them. NOT that there was anything English on the tele to watch which was just wrong. One news channel and that was it.
The lifts were having a huge problem when we were there and one just wouldnt close and the other was very bumpy. One did get fixed while we were there but the other one it took them nearly 2 weeks to fix it.
There are usually lots of people in groups staying at this hotel. Going out early and making lots of noise and coming back late with more noise.
The area around this hotel wasnt really that great. A walk over the railway lines there was a nice place to eat. Au Living.
Up the road both ways were chinese places to eat which were ok. One had a great toilet that was more like a disco inside. So funny once you have had a few.
Town of Massy itself wasnt much there either but you can get things like Pizza and Kebabs and fast food.
There is a shopping Mall about 15 mins walk away that does have a few places to eat.
But if you stay here over the weekend there is really no food to eat in the hotel. They dont have a cook/chef on at the weekends so you will have to eat snacks or whatever the bar man can cook. Which I found getting a bowl of chips out of them hard work. Once I said i will have nothing then he made me a bowl of chips.
Room was clean though and kept nicely. BUT if you put the Do not disturb sign outside the door they do just ignore it and walk in anyway WITHOUT knocking. This happened to me a few times.
Right think thats about it.
Good location to the offices around the area though. But a very captive audience so they will charge what they like for everything.
Thanks for reading.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
Alberto C, Directeur général at Mercure Massy Gare TGV, responded to this reviewResponded January 26, 2016

Dear Guest ,
We very much appreciate your comments regarding your stay at the Hôtel Mercure Paris Massy Gare Tgv.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Massy
Residhome Paris Massy
Tulip Inn Massy Palaiseau Residence
Maison de l'Abbaye
Maison de l'Abbaye
#1 of 6 in Antony

Been to Mercure Massy Gare TGV? Share your experiences!