“Some okay features, many annoyances”

Residhome Paris Massy
Ranked #2 of 5 Hotels in Massy
Melbourne, Australia
“Some okay features, many annoyances”
Reviewed June 10, 2012

While between apartments, my family stayed here for 9 days.

Pros -
1) Booking on Octopus site gave us a good rate (appx 100 euro for 3 bedroom including breakfast)
2) Close to RER station B and C line
3) Inexpensive, good bistros nearby
4) Clean, well appointed rooms with kitchenettes, particularly the suites for 3-4 people. They truly could sleep 5 comfortably...great for families.
5) Breakfast staff are attentive and put out a nice buffet, right up to time dining should end a somewhat beyond.

Cons -
1) Both hot tub and steam room broken for duration of our stay. When we asked about its prognosis at front desk, clerk was dismissive and contemptuous.
2) Front desk clerks, in general, and particularly the men, are consistently underwhelming in their customer service. Experienced and witnessed many incidents of them dismissing guests with reasonable requests. Usual answer we heard was "ask the manager".
3) Housekeeping did not service our room the entire stay. Though there are cut-offs for length of stay and what services would be provided, we had separate bookings and should have at least had clean towels now and then.
4) Hotel caters to overseas tour groups. Breakfast typically had 30-50 Chinese tourists all arriving at the same time...it was difficult to find a seat and for staff to keep up food and dishes stocked.
5) When we arrived, the toilet was filthy - had been used and not flushed. Very gross. There are photos but too shocking to post.
6) One example of guest treatment: a staff member with extremely bad body odor came to make up a hide-a-bed for my mother. He started to make up one and I asked him to please do the other one, to give her more space. "But this one is bigger.", he said, and continued to / completed making up the bed he decided we wanted in spite of my requests. So he left and I aired out the room, folded up the bed and made the other one.

Room Tip: The difference between the 3 person suite and 2 person regular room is substantial but price is not...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Kirkkonummi, Finland
Reviewed May 25, 2012

I have no idea why it was me all the time, but I know that I was absolutely the only one who ran into troubles constantly, since we had a bigger group of people living in there at the same time. With me, and only with me, washing machines didn't work, keycards didn't work (several occasions), internet login didn't work, everything small things every now and then, and once we had to break the door of my room because of the broken lock. And I absolutely loved a sigh from the hotel manager when I once again went to tell that I have a small problem: "... why it is always you?..." Sorry, I was doing my best! Ok, because my strange sense of humor I found everything incredible humorous: this all was happening only to me =)
Of course, everything was solved with the help of the hotel staff.
The truth is, everyone of my group loved the hotel, me included, and we lived there many many weeks.
The location is really good, just some hundred meters from a train station and about 1 kilometer (0,6 miles) away from a department store. Also it takes only 20 - 30 minutes to travel in Paris by RER B (local train). Little minus is that the last train from Paris to Massy Palaiseau will departure at 1240 am but it is possible to take a night bus to the hotel or enjoy your time and take the first train to the hotel in the morning.
The hotel staff was really friendly and they made me feel like I was in the right place. Especially the one who helped me alot, like how to find Père Lachaise cemetery.
I loved to stay in Residhome Massy Palaiseau and next time when I travel to Paris, this will be the first hotel to check if they have rooms available.
So, I do recommend this hotel to everyone!

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends
Tel Aviv, Israel
Reviewed October 22, 2011

I stayed there for a short but tough business trip.
My colleagues and I had to work all night and because the suites are so comfortable we could stay working together in one room without feeling claustrophobic.
Bottles of water, coffee, tea and a small cookie are waiting for you in the room.
The staff was fine, not too friendly but just doing the job. However, I would say it was a little bit slow.
The breakfast was ok,

• Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
Gatineau, Canada
Reviewed September 21, 2011

This hotel is located in the business centre of Massy, which is by the way a pretty nice business location. Furthermore, the hotel is walking distance (< 400m) to the Massy train station which is very well connected. You can, for example, take the RER B line straight from here to the Charles de Gaulle airport. Unfortunately, there is very little around the hotel other than businesses and this is not so close to Paris itself (you need to take the train or RER). So if you are looking for a hotel in the centre of Paris, this is just too far. On the other hand, if you are coming for business purposes and your meetings are in Massy or the cities around, this might be a very convenient location.

The rooms are rather large by European standard an certainly by Paris standard. The hotel is calm and the rooms are modern with a near American level of comfort. A surprising touch at this hotel is the presence of an indoor pool, which is something very rare in Paris. Unfortunately, there is no gym.

As for the service, the staff at the reception were helpful, efficient and plesant. Overall, I am very satisfied by my stay.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled on business
2 Thank BBreton
Paris, France
Reviewed August 18, 2011

1. Nice appartments
2. Less than 5 mins walk from RER Massy Palaiseau station
3. 15 mins walk to big grocery store(CORA) where you could pick your favourate eatables. Avoid shopping in stores near by Palaiseau station which is 2 costly.
4. You could find Jogging tracks near by hotel (15 mins walk)

• Stayed August 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank vikas482
Around the world
Reviewed April 28, 2011

Less than 10 mins walk from RER Massy Palaiseau and 5 mins from TGV, the small but comfortable Aparthotel was a good choice for Massy. Reception staff friendly.

Downsides would be: no food available on Sunday evening (and not much in vicinity), and breakfast v.poor value for E16 - they even ran out of fresh bread towards the end of service!

• Stayed April 2011, traveled on business
Norwich, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 29, 2010

Suite sleeps 4 but an email before ensured an extra bed which was more than suitable. The suite is 'self catering', but don't expect much, two small hob rings and a fridge, good enough for us to make a one pot wonder. We stayed for 2 nights, the staff offered room service the next day, mostly they all spoke very good English, the pool and jacuzzi open till late, kids welcome, staff very accommadating, especiallyl when we got lost in Paris and turned up at the hotel at 2am! Clean beds, rooms. 3 minute walk to train station and TGV which took 15 mins to get into Paris (you cant hear the station from hotel). The hotel is in a business park location just been built so no anti social noise etc. Very good would recommed for Paris short stay trips.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Massy
Mercure Massy Gare TGV
#3 of 4 in Palaiseau
Best Western Hotel L'Oree
Best Western Hotel L'Oree
#1 of 4 in Saulx-les-Chartreux

Been to Residhome Paris Massy? Share your experiences!