“The rudest receptionist!”

Ranked #8 of 14 Hotels in Levallois-Perret
Prague, Czech Republic
“The rudest receptionist!”
Reviewed September 23, 2013

First of all - they must smoke pot at the reception as they don´t know what they´re doing or writing to their computers!!! We had to pay an extra room the 2nd day because they claimed we had made 3 bookings instead of 2 (which we sure DID NOT), moreover nobody told us that at the arrival! What was our shock when we wanted to pay for our 2 rooms and were told to pay for 3! I had never experienced such a rude and unprofessional behaviour from a hotel receptionist! On the day of the departure, I asked for a printed invoice, as I had already payed for the stay, and had asked to have the address on the invoice changed to my company´s name. When the receptionist gave me my invoice on departure, he looked at me and said "aaah, Uzbekistan", I had no idea what he was talking about, as I stated PRAGUE as the company´s address. So I looked at the invoice and under Prague there was another line - Uzbekistan. I told him that Prague is not in Uzbekistan, but in the Czech republic and I can´t have this as my company´s address. He said that this is what I requested on the invoice and that he can´t change anything on the invoice as the room has already been payed. Then, after my further disapprovals he crossed out Uzbekistan with a pen and gave me a stamp on it, with no word of excuse. When my colleague came to the reception to check out, what was her surprise to find a mangled name on her invoice and a wrong invoice title on the extra room that she had to pay. And the same reaction from the rude receptionist - this is your problem, this is what you gave us as your name and I can´t change anything, it´s against the law and that´s not my job to satisfy you (!!!). When we told him that someone from his team has made these mistakes and we want the correct information on our invoices, he kept repeating that it´s not his job and was VERY ARROGANT. We were in a hurry to get to work and he then told us to step aside so that he could serve some French guests, and with them he was all "what a lovely day, oh I hope to see you soon, yeeeaah - if I could change the invoices, next time I will put Francois Holland (French president) on it - hahaha!" He was obviously mocking us in front of other guests! I could go on but I´ve already expressed my great disgust.

Room Tip: Rooms on the left side from the lift are situated to an ugly court with a huge A/C thing which makes...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank NikolaB-CZ

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
  • Indonesian first
USA
Reviewed June 11, 2013 via mobile

I reviewed this hotel last year after spending two nights here and went back again. The hotel is just as great as it was before and even better! The staff is very friendly, multilingual making it easy to communicate with my limited French.

The rooms are surprisingly large in regards to being so close to Paris. Moreover the beds were comfortable and the room was clean. The area around the hotel is safe and a very short walk to the metro. I hope to return to this hotel for a third time soon!

• Stayed June 2013
2 Thank Christine C
Dublin
Reviewed June 4, 2013

the room was quite good, small but comfy. The prices are very fair and the location of the hotel is good for those who fly to Paris Beauvais airport, as the hotel is located close to Port Maillot, from where shuttle bus leaves to the airport. The hotel is also around 100 metres from metro station.m Very quiet street, always fresh towels in the room, and the room is being cleaned everyday, even if not asked. Very good experience with the hotel

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Julie S
Harrogate, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 28, 2012

This is a Campanile, so you know what you are getting.
It is not a 5 star establishment.
It is however good value.
The rooms are on the small side but adequate, clean and comfortable.
I see that some reviews criticised the noise. This is one of Europe's main cities and as such there is almost inevitably going to be street noise (emptying of bins, local residents going to/returning from work/night out/or wharever. It is not however excessive and a lot better than some others, being in a largely residential district.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
3 Thank pambill2016
USA
Reviewed June 10, 2012

I stayed at this hotel a few days ago for a few nights and was thoroughly impressed! The hotel was absolutely clean and located in a nice area. It was absolutely safe to walk around at night which made me feel very comfortable. It was under a 5 minute walk to the nearest metro station which made getting to the local attractions very easy (a 10 minute ride at the most).

The staff was wonderful and very helpful. While it was a small hotel, everything was clean and very comfortable. The breakfast was great too!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
5 Thank Christine C
Krakow, Poland
Reviewed June 6, 2012

We stayed there for 5 nights in May 2012 with my wife. Room was tiny (to small, not even enough space for the bags) but except for that - very clean, tee and coffee in the room, tv, air-conditioned, quiet, nice helpful staff and grate location - plenty of nice, small restaurants in the area.
Unfortunately there is no restaurant in the hotel but you can find a good and not to expensive ones near by.
The hotel itself looks clean even if it's a bit oldish.
If you don't need luxury, this is a decent place, I can recommend it honestly!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Marek B
Reviewed August 29, 2011

My husband and i stayed in this hotel for 3 nights, absolutely hated it. We have been on a tour of europe, and this has been the worst hotel. Minor issues:rooms are very, very small, and the mattress is uncomfortable, i had back pain the entire night. Major issues: we thought somebody was being murdered... We stayed on the third floor, and the floor above us was ridiculously loud! Banging, thumping, the water constantly going, random people yellinng.. i honestly was scared, and this was at 1am.. my husband called down to the front desk, and no one answered.. freaked us out even more. Debated whether we should call police or not.. then on our floor, there was constant opening and closing of doors.. it was so noisy, and this went on until 5am.. we were up until 5am because of the obnoxious noise coming from upstairs and right next to our room. I even called my parents in canada to get them to call the front desk because no one was answering when we called. Agh, i hated this hotel, and i never write reviews, but i figured i owed it to the public to write, because i spent so much of my time reading reviews on hotels before we came to europe. Your better off taking your money and spending a little more on a safer area and a closer location. Takes an hour to get to the city centre by bus.. fail.

• Stayed August 2011
2 Thank travellingqqq

Travelers are raving about these Levallois-Perret hotels