“Stunning”

Cuisines: Argentinean, French
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed March 24, 2019 via mobile

Absolutely stunning food. The atmosphere here was amazing, and the food was better still. Staff very attentive, and very understanding of my schoolboy french attempts. Our steaks were cooked to perfection, starters were perfection on a plate. I’d highly recommend here, I bet it’s even better outside, in the summer. Heartfelt thanks to all the staff, the chef and the waitress. Superb.

Date of visit: March 2019

Reviewed June 20, 2018

Second time there -- great, friendly service. Wonderful food and drinks. The patio is just amazing in great weather to sit outside!

Date of visit: June 2018
Reviewed September 16, 2017

Our first night ever in France, we stayed in Le Chesnay to see the Palace of Versailles the next day. I found a nice review on this restaurant so we decided to try it. Everything was delicious about the meal and the Boudreaux! From my little knowledge of French cuisine from back in the states, I thought I wouldn't like much and leave hungry. I thought the people would be snooty with our lack of ability to speak the language. Not the case. The food here was superb and the staff couldn't be kinder. I wish we could go back soon! Just be sure to make a reservation. We went early without one and they were kind to fit us in on that rainy night. Otherwise, the place would have been full and they do not want to rush anyone....in true French fashion.

Date of visit: September 2017
1  Thank 10Babs
Reviewed August 31, 2017

A little disappointed because of bad smelt near the flowers
If the dishes are very goods, the desserts are commonplaces and insipids
It's a pity however tables are moved closer because it is Noisy
sorry but I prefer to warm the others
By hoping to help you

Date of visit: August 2017
Reviewed August 11, 2017 via mobile

We had a great time at La Pampa which is a classy restaurant and bar in a quiet residential district just a mile out of the centre of Versailles. There is a well presented and spacious interior a separate bar and an outside garden with tables. Staff were highly professional, attentive and friendly and added to a tremendous evening. Cocktails and beers were really good and we got off to a merry start. Food was fresh and substantial but they drop marks because the chef has failed to add flavour. The giant double burgers for instance were excellent ground steak in a bun - but nothing else. Really a meal this size needs at least salad, pickle and sauces. Steaks and salads also needed more knowledgable work in the kitchen. Also the St Emilion was not as good as hoped for - rather young and cold. So 3.5 on the food. Good evening had though. Euro 200 plus for 4 Including drinks.

Date of visit: August 2017