All reviewsno liftminute walkcar parkair consuperior roomfamily roombusiness hotelmini barchateau de versailleswalking distancesouth of francebasic hotelper nightbuffet stylebeds were very comfortablepleasant stayreception staff
Reviewed June 17, 2013

Stayed two nights while visiting friends in Versailles. The service is good, staff attentive and friendly. Restaurant for dinner and breakfast adequate choice and good quality.
Hotel is quite old and facilities are dated and could be better.
The hotel is lcated on a busy/noisy road,and parking/stopping close to it is difficult; the garage is expensive and has no lift so you have to carry your luggage up a steep flight of narrow stairs.
Climate control in the rooms is poor...little ventilation and with the windows open noise makes sound sleep impossible...

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
BONOMOJ, General Manager at Novotel Chateau de Versailles, responded to this reviewResponded July 5, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your time and consideration in posting a comment about our hotel. I thank you for sharing your good opinion on staff and on Breakfast & Dinner. However I am deeply sorry that you did not like the facilities. The well-being of our guests is very important to us, and we are sorry when we don’t succeed in giving you satisfaction.

We hope to welcome you again in our hotel.

Best regards.

Reviewed June 17, 2013

We’ve stayed in several Novotel properties, our experience with this one was the worst of the lot. Upon arrival we were hungry and asked the young man at the front desk where we could grab a casual lunch, he suggested several fast food restaurants located just a 5 to 10 minute walk away, and gave us a map. It turned out it was more like a brisk 45-minute hike, which left us exhausted by the time we got back to the hotel. Lesson 1: Versailles is HUGE what might look like a short distance on the map, can be quite a hike.

When we got back to the hotel, I collapsed into the coach, which looked the same as the other Novotel coaches we had seen on our trip. My elbow dropped on to the armrest only to discover that they had nothing more than a bit of cloth covering the hide-a-bed mechanism. The impact injured my elbow, necessitating a trip to the clinic, a splint, meds, and generally reducing enjoyment of the rest of the trim (recovery time 3 weeks). After looking into this, I determined that other Novotel hotels had added a layer of padding onto their coachs, no doubt to prevent such accidents. Lesson 2: Don’t assume all things Novotel are as safe as others.

The hotel has parking just a quick left turn from the lobby, unfortunately, it’s on a one way street making left turns illegal. Getting to the parking requires driving around an enormous block, though it is right turns all the way. Getting into the parking lot requires pressing an intercom and asking for the gate to be opened and then quikly driving in. Unfortunately, the intercom is located far from the gate down a steep winding driveway. I had to try three times before I could get my car through the gate before it closed again. Lesson 3: Be prepared to race in/out through the gate after asking for it to open.

The hotel helpfully has a loading/unloading zone right in front of the lobby where cars can stop. Unfortunately, they allow people to long term park in the space, so their was no where to legally stop to unload for check in. We had to double park. Lesson 4: Illegal parking is a way of life at this place.

If I were to return to Versailles I would choose a different hotel.

Room Tip: Beware the unpadded arms of couch.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Joe B

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your feedback. I am sorry that you got lost in Versailles. Versailles is quite big; this is why we give maps to guests. You got injured by collapsing on the sofa. I will see what we can do to make it softer. To secure the parking, getting into the parking lot requires pressing an intercom and asking for the gate to be opened and then driving in. The intercom is located at the top of the ramp, so that cars can cross easily. The door remain open 20 seconds, it is usually enough to pass.
I am sorry that you meet all this problems during your stay, and I do hope that in spite of these issues you will still be a Novotel client.

Reviewed June 7, 2013

Family stay last August (3 adults) in 2 double rooms. We wanted to see the Palace so we stayed at the hotel for just 2 nights.

It is a bit old and tired and the one particular thing I hated was the smelly cushions on the bed, not nice and no excuse.

The staff were pleasant and helpful. We had 2 superior double rooms which included tea/coffee maker plus mini-bar and a double bed and sofa bed plus the usual satellite tv and free wifi. The rooms were of good size and additional pillows were available. Windows of old style so you could open them right out. We faced over the back of the hotel towards a private road with flats (nice quality).

Lovely walk to the palace and there is a shop near the hotel (across the road from the main entrance) and it is open until late as is a small bistro. Buses also from this location to the palace etc.

The Palace is vast but lots of queing and so on but very impressive.

I didn't like the food at dinner at the hotel at all I'm afraid. The steaks were not of good quality or cooked to my standards. Prices too high for what is available. Breakfast is fine though nip down early to avoid the rush.

In spite of the downs I generally liked the hotel, the parking on site is good although there is no lift to take your bags up!

You pays your money......

Room Tip: They do have some smoking rooms at the back.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
BONOMOJ, General Manager at Novotel Chateau de Versailles, responded to this reviewResponded June 13, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing our hotel to stay in Versailles last year. I am disappointed that you did not totally enjoy your stay with us and I shared all your comments with our teams. I read your comments carefully and took good notice of them, it is always constructive for us to have the feedback of our guests and we appreciate you took the time to give it.

Reviewed April 17, 2013

Staff friendly and helpful, car park reasonably priced, good choice of hot and cold food for breakfast. Rooms average standard, hotel located a good 20 minute walk from palace of Versailles but fine if like us you don't mind a walk.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Guest,

Thank you for staying with us at Novotel Chateau de Versailles and thank you for your nice comment. The castle is 1.5 km (1 mile) away from the hotel and the way, surrounded by trees, that leads to the castle is usually appreciated by our clients.

We hope to welcome you again for your next stay in Versailles or Paris.

Reviewed April 10, 2013

We (2 adults and 2 children) stayed in the hotel for a night, visiting Versailles palace. The hotel is conveniently located within 10 minutes walk to the palace. The room was quiet and clean. The staff is helpful and friendly. The breakfast was good. We would stay here again.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank J_in_Rome

Dear Guest,

We are very pleased that you enjoyed your family trip at Novotel Chateau de Versailles. The cleanliness, the proximity of the Palace of Versailles, and our friendly staff are indeed our strengths. We are happy for having coming up to your expectations. We would be glad to welcome you again for your next stay.