All reviewsno liftminute walkcar parkair consuperior roomfamily roombusiness hotelmini barchateau de versailleswalking distancesouth of francebasic hotelper nightbuffet stylebeds were very comfortablepleasant stayreception staff
Reviewed April 4, 2013

I have been in a lot of novotels in my time and this was one of the nicest. The reception and dining area looked as if they were from a far more expensive hotel and the exterior architecture fitted in harmoniously with the Versailles buildings. Although the address is Le Chesnay it is actually quite central and a 15 minute walk down a beautiful boulevard takes you to the gates of the chateau. I noticed another english speaking customer had a problem with the "2 single beds" advertized. I know that novotel family rooms usually have a double and a sofa bed and was looking forward to a different type of room with 2 single beds in it. However it was the usual double and a sofa bed, a single one in our case as we were only 3. It wasn't really a problem as the room was very comfortable but it was just the usual novotel room and would have been squashed for 4. Staff were helpful and the breakfast was excellent, really fresh. As we travelled on the weekend we could park free in the road but there is no free carpark at the novotel, only a paid underground one. The main reason why I have given 4 rather than 5 stars is that the lift was really noisy and woke us up in the morning. Looking through other reviews I think this was probably just our room, so I would recommend future guests to ask for a room as far from the lift as possible.

Room Tip: Ask for one far from the lift
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
BONOMOJ, General Manager at Novotel Chateau de Versailles, responded to this reviewResponded June 13, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for staying at the Novotel Chateau de Versailles and for your nice comments. We are very proud that Novotel Chateau de Versailles is your favorite Novotel! I am pleased to see that you enjoyed the quality of the services provided by our hotel. I forwarded your remark about the lift to our technical department.

Waiting for the pleasure of your next visit,

J.BONOMO

Reviewed March 28, 2013

The hotel is excellent and we have stayed here many times before. However, whereas in summer the rooms are pleasantly air-conditioned, in winter, it was over-warm, and we were unable to get the a/c system to cool it. Opening the window controlled the temperature but allowed in a lot of traffic noise from the big roundabout nearby. We would advise a room at the rear of the hotel, and a check that the fan system is actually working. In every other respect (including helpful staff and a very pleasant welcome) it was excellent.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
Reviewed March 17, 2013

Room was not cleaned the first day (I arrived at 3h00 am), but as compensation the hotel management gave me a discount on my room-rate. Hotel employees were very attentive. I would say that this hotel has a service-level clearly above the average!

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
Reviewed March 10, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here in 2nd weekend in March at tail end of a french road / skiing trip

Visited Versailles on way back to UK

We paid 150 euros for a family room (ambitiously named an Executive room)

Overall we were happy with the stay

I noticed on a previous review that people struggled to park - didnt understand this as the hotel had an excellent underground carpark - handy as we had skis on the roof and I wasnt relishing parking outside.

Id also seen a couple of previous reviews saying the hotel was too far from the Palace of Versailles to walk - what?? Its a 10 minute stroll at worst and is ideally situated

The room was spacious, clean, slept 5 and had all the necessary amenities

The lobby bar was contemporary and the mojitos very good. There was even an Xbox for the kids

My only complaint was dinner - which we ate in the hotel for convenience sakes, it was average at best. I would recommend walking back into the centre as there looked to be some good eateries

Buffet breakfast was keenly priced and very good I thought

• Stayed: March 2013