Kyriad Paris Sud - Porte d'Ivry
$52
Travelocity
TripAdvisor
  • Restaurant
See what travelers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed August 4, 2012

Close to Paris, about 30 minutes away on the underground. Good value for money, free wifi and baisc amenities available. Staff were also helpful. Fair/good standard of cleanliness. Good value for money for people who wnat ot do Paris but don't need to stay right in the heart of Paris and pay ridiculous rates. An angry man at the reception. Long check in. Despite the advance paid breakfast demanded money. He would not help in printing the tickets. Well, that later was a different service and all with no problems. Very good breakfast!

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank mery_master
Reviewed June 27, 2012

The staff is very rude. Rooms are tiny. Only good thing is the breakfast. Location is also not so good.

• Stayed: June 2012
2  Thank YesuY
Reviewed June 22, 2012

i was with a group of 16 people in may 2012 at this hotel. all ours rooms were tiny and dirty,missed some vacuum cleaning for month-as it looked by the quantity of dust on the carpets.maybe there are some better rooms but ours looked like the worst orphanage
the breakfast was ok but environment also like in a modest school dining room

Room Tip: 3 of our group complained about the ants in the beds and were given cleaner rooms after waiting about 2-3 hours
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank polaniaAshkelon
Reviewed June 19, 2012

We were part of a tour when we stayed here so did not have any communication with the staff when booking or even during our stay here really. Our room was very small but clean. Bathroom basic & clean. We ate at the dining area on a few occasions (which was also organised for us) and it was really good. The hotel is located on the outskirts of 'Paris'.We didn't spend much time at the hotel at all as we were out exploring, so for a cheap price & a clean, secure place to stay, this hotel was very good quality for us.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 7, 2012

Those that have read my reviews will know that in the main I am positive about the establishments I frequent and my criticism are limited to those that would be of some benefit to fellow travellers/diners. There is one simple piece of advice I have for this hotel however….. avoid it.

Firstly, it’s not actually in Paris, it’s on the outside of the Périphérique which puts it outside (a bit like saying Enfield is in London).

On arrival you wonder if the area has recently been subjected to a bit of overnight bombing as in what is labelled the most romantic city in the world, this part is clearly twinned with Helmund Province with very shabby surroundings, heavily graffiti walls, right next to the Périphérique (noisy) and a storage yard for the local council. The hotel was listed as 3 Star but in my view two of them must have been broken.

I visited this hotel with a group of friends a part of a tour organised by Rayburn Tours who did nothing to advise that this was the situation in advance.

The reception was a bit frosty on arrival, as though we were an inconvenience to their evening. But then my biggest disappointment, the room was so small you couldn't leave anything on the floor for fear of tripping and with two adult males sharing this was very uncomfortable. The beds were standard prison issue and short (I'm only 5ft 7") and my feet were over the end. Plain white linen over a thin duvet and one small very soft pillow. The room had a TV mounted to the ceiling above the wardrobe as there was no where else to put it (No UK channels). A very small "open" wardrobe with insufficient storage for the two adults for four days. Tea & coffee making facilities comprising a small kettle and plastic cups/stirrers. A small narrow sideboard/desk on which the tea/coffee items sat which was unusable because there was no chair, nor anywhere to put a chair to be able to sit here. The bathroom being almost the same size as the room was better except to say that the shower head could not be moved resulting in a soaking room when switched on.

Service was at best poor, on asking for an additional pillow shortly after arrival I was informed housekeeping was not on duty (not sure that it required the technical expertise of a housekeeper to retrieve an additional pillow), that the hotel was full and they didn’t think there would be any spare pillows, this was all accompanied with an indignant look that would have suggested I had stolen something. I did eventually get an additional pillow but it took almost 24 hours for it to be delivered to my room.

Despite the hotel being full (a hoteliers greatest wish, you would have thought) there were not enough staff. The bar was very rarely manned (big mistake with a big group of beer drinking male band members!) and you could see from the expression on his face that the receptionist did not think that serving at the bar was his job even though there were 30 - 40 guests wanting a drink.

On the one occasion that the bar was manned there was no till at the bar meaning the bar man had to run off to reception to get change for every customer!

Then there was the restaurant which on arrival was closed for two nights (remember what I said, the hotel was FULL eh!) and then dictated half hour breakfast time slots because they couldn’t cope in the mornings. This ruined two days because breakfast was at a time not suited to our travel plans.
Never used the restaurant for lunch or dinner but breakfast was passable, not a huge selection but enough to get by (nothing hot).

In summary this was a waste of money and I wish we had stayed elsewhere. I read in a few reviews that this is a budget hotel and that Paris is expensive. As a chain of hotels I would expect a much better standard that this, if Premier Inn can do it in the UK (Including Central London - See my review of Premier Inn Tower Bridge) I don't see why it can’t be done in France.

This chain (Kyriad) in their brochure / website show lovely photographs and scenic establishment but fail to deliver in almost every respect.

Only way to change this…. Vote with your feet and wallet, go elsewhere!

Room Tip: There arn't any....
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled with friends