“Great Business Hotel”

GreenLeadersSilver level
Hoboken, New Jersey
“Great Business Hotel”
Reviewed April 8, 2013

Cleanliness is clearly a top priority and being relatively new helps with the overall appearance. Plus side is the distance to the nearby office buildings (3-5 min walk) and the across the street metro stop which will get you to the the heart of paris in minutes. Service is accommodating and prompt. Keeping from being an Excellent: As common in europe, the 'gym' is highly touted, however consists of a single elliptical, 1 treadmill, 1 bike literally nothing else. Also, there are no food services which would be nice for room service / snack options - recommend going to DoD (dish of the day) down 1 block.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (54)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Mechelen, Belgium
Reviewed April 8, 2013

On my way to our office south of Paris, excellent stop-over in quiet area. Underground parking available. metro connections nearby. Staff is fluent in English. All amenities available in spacious room. Good choice of restaurants and bars nearby.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Eastleigh
Reviewed April 4, 2013

A short train hop from the centre - surrounding area full of big business offices. So location not perfect. Everything else really good. A clean, modern hotel, excellent value and excellent breakfast. Very formulaic but met our expectations and more.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

1 Thank richard98765
Colchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 4, 2013

What I liked:

a) the rooms are clean and modern

b) the Issy train station is a short walk from the hotel

c) the art deco style was nice

d) the beds were comfortable

e) the staff were friendly and helpful

What could be improved:

a) no restaurant in the hotel although some snacks / sandwiches were available

b) the breakfast selection was typical of a 3 star experience and not a 4 star experience. They wasn't much of a hot selection of food - the majority of the selection was individual servings in plastic containers that were refrigerated.

For me, the dining option is an important criteria in the 4 star category. If this was improved, I would change my opinion of the property.

A nice stay but I wouldn't go back.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank J_L_Berghout
Stratford-upon-Avon, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 1, 2013

This is in a great location in Paris, next door to the Issy train station offering access to the centre of Paris in minutes. We took our boys here over a very cold Easter weekend and they loved the unusual room layout, free movies on demand, breakfast experience, huge shower and big bath and free Wifi. We also loved the fact that there was a fridge, microwave and sink in the room. The staff even left easter eggs in the hallways on Easter sunday. Limited parking at the hotel but reasonable carpark next to the station just round the corner.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank bendyboyswoody
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 1, 2013

The hotel was easy to find by public transport following our arrival to Gare Du Nord. It's just accross the station so you can't miss it. We had no problems with the noise as we were facing the opposite side (to the street). About 15-20 mins to the Eiffel tower so ideal for exploring.

The room was light and modern with a massive bathroom (bath and big shower). Great selection of goodies - even body scrub! The only weird thing was no doors between bedroom part and bathroom but don't worry toilet has it's own door.

There is a little kitchenette in the room with microwave, kettle and fridge. New supply of healthy snacks and detox teas every day.

The check in was fairly smooth, we were early but they were able to give us a room. We were given a smoking room with a balcony but I have to say as a non-smoker I couldn't smell anything indoors...the smokers probably go and smoke on the balcony :)

We didn't opt for the breakfast in the hotel as it seemed a bit expensive. Instead we walked to the local shop (about 8 minutes away and the reception will be able to tell where it is located) and bought some pastries, yogurts, fruit etc. We ate once in the restaurant adjact to the hotel. It was a bit pricey but very nice. Seemed like the favourite with the office workers from the area.

Would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Ottawa, Canada
Reviewed March 9, 2013

This was my first time in Paris and it definitely will not be my last. My boyfriend took me there with him on a business trip. While he worked, I played and this hotel was perfectly situated for adventure.
1) Hotel: The suite is gorgeous, very clean, spacious and modern. I loved the drawers and closet because I would have hated to live out of a suitcase for the two weeks we were there. There is a workout room where I was able to exercise un-bothered and a flat screen t.v was mounted in the corner of it (but it was out of commission at the time). The showers are lovely, but there is an issue with the plumbing and the temp will go from scolding hot to ice cold in an instant, so watch out! No American t.v :( only Eng channel is BBC but there are several movies to choose from. The fridge is great especially because food in Paris is very expensive so I suggest that you walk 10 mins to the grocery store (bring a shopping bag with you) and grab some wine, cheese, meat, bread etc. There is no restaurant in the hotel which is disappointing, just a few over-priced sandwiches.There are restaurants incl a Subway, a posh one next door, an AMAZING bakery and a post office all within a few mins of walking.There is an RER-Metro just across the street and you can be at any of the major stops in less than 20mins. (Eiffel Tour, Champs D, Le Louvre etc). Just ask the reception for a point in the right direction, buy tickets from the RER booth and download off line trip advisor maps and you're good to go.
2) Staff: Everyone is so friendly. I wish I could remember the young lady's name who was the nicest person ever. She gave us a complimentary bottle of champagne when we told her that my fiance had just proposed to me at the Eiffel Tour. The cleaning staff are very nice, efficient and careful with your personal belongings. The worst part was getting a wake up call most days asking if I wanted my room cleaned despite having a 'do not disturb' sign on the door. This is a problem because I had jet lag and I did not want to be bothered once I finally fell asleep. Also, there was a very annoying fire drill alarm that went off while I was napping one day and I was left standing outside with the staff and only a handful of ppl who paid the alarm any attention BUT we were all rewarded with a drink on the house :) I enjoyed a continental breakfast every morning (hard boiled eggs, cheeses, tea, coffee, juice, turkey slices, croissants, jam etc). Someone will ask you what room you are in and charge the b-fast accordingly. During checkout we had a problem because they charged us double for b-fast and it took them a long time to figure out how to undo the mistake. So be clear when the staff come around and tell them to charge the appropriate number of ppl (at 15EU a day, it is not a cheap mistake).

Tips: *Bring a laptop and connect to their complimentary wifi. This was my bible; I was able to plan and map out my days all over the city. There is also a traveler's guide online that tells you exactly which train, RER, metro or tram to take to get exactly where you want to go in the shortest or most direct way possible.
*Buy pre-cooked meals to go across the street. They are delish, inexpensive and take only 5 mins to heat up back in your suite.
*Pay attention to what time of day it is and what day of the week it is. This hotel is in an industrial business area so things close early and on wknds may not be open at all. The plus side is that most of the bars have happy hour :) In such cases, make the trip out to the Spanish Quarter or anywhere else the RER line will take you, you will not be disappointed.

I hope you enjoy your stay at this suite as much as I did!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank World_Traveller688
Also consider these accommodations in or near Issy-les-Moulineaux
Ibis Budget Issy Les Moulineaux
Ibis Budget Issy Les Moulineaux
#2 of 12 in Issy-les-Moulineaux
Classics Hotel Parc des Expositions
Classics Hotel Parc des Expositi...
#3 of 12 in Issy-les-Moulineaux
Paris d'Issy Hotel Porte de Versailles
Paris d'Issy Hotel Porte de Vers...
#4 of 12 in Issy-les-Moulineaux
Ibis Paris Issy Les Moulineaux Val de Seine
Ibis Paris Issy Les Moulineaux V...
#5 of 12 in Issy-les-Moulineaux
Radisson Blu Hotel, Paris-Boulogne
Radisson Blu Hotel, Paris-Boulog...
#3 of 24 in Boulogne-Billancourt
Hotel Oceania Paris Porte de Versailles

Been to Novotel Suites Paris Issy les Moulineaux? Share your experiences!