“Great location to explore Paris”

Novotel Suites Paris Issy les Moulineaux
GreenLeadersSilver level
London, United Kingdom
“Great location to explore Paris”
Reviewed April 1, 2013

The hotel was easy to find by public transport following our arrival to Gare Du Nord. It's just accross the station so you can't miss it. We had no problems with the noise as we were facing the opposite side (to the street). About 15-20 mins to the Eiffel tower so ideal for exploring.

The room was light and modern with a massive bathroom (bath and big shower). Great selection of goodies - even body scrub! The only weird thing was no doors between bedroom part and bathroom but don't worry toilet has it's own door.

There is a little kitchenette in the room with microwave, kettle and fridge. New supply of healthy snacks and detox teas every day.

The check in was fairly smooth, we were early but they were able to give us a room. We were given a smoking room with a balcony but I have to say as a non-smoker I couldn't smell anything indoors...the smokers probably go and smoke on the balcony :)

We didn't opt for the breakfast in the hotel as it seemed a bit expensive. Instead we walked to the local shop (about 8 minutes away and the reception will be able to tell where it is located) and bought some pastries, yogurts, fruit etc. We ate once in the restaurant adjact to the hotel. It was a bit pricey but very nice. Seemed like the favourite with the office workers from the area.

Would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (53)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Ottawa, Canada
Reviewed March 9, 2013

This was my first time in Paris and it definitely will not be my last. My boyfriend took me there with him on a business trip. While he worked, I played and this hotel was perfectly situated for adventure.
1) Hotel: The suite is gorgeous, very clean, spacious and modern. I loved the drawers and closet because I would have hated to live out of a suitcase for the two weeks we were there. There is a workout room where I was able to exercise un-bothered and a flat screen t.v was mounted in the corner of it (but it was out of commission at the time). The showers are lovely, but there is an issue with the plumbing and the temp will go from scolding hot to ice cold in an instant, so watch out! No American t.v :( only Eng channel is BBC but there are several movies to choose from. The fridge is great especially because food in Paris is very expensive so I suggest that you walk 10 mins to the grocery store (bring a shopping bag with you) and grab some wine, cheese, meat, bread etc. There is no restaurant in the hotel which is disappointing, just a few over-priced sandwiches.There are restaurants incl a Subway, a posh one next door, an AMAZING bakery and a post office all within a few mins of walking.There is an RER-Metro just across the street and you can be at any of the major stops in less than 20mins. (Eiffel Tour, Champs D, Le Louvre etc). Just ask the reception for a point in the right direction, buy tickets from the RER booth and download off line trip advisor maps and you're good to go.
2) Staff: Everyone is so friendly. I wish I could remember the young lady's name who was the nicest person ever. She gave us a complimentary bottle of champagne when we told her that my fiance had just proposed to me at the Eiffel Tour. The cleaning staff are very nice, efficient and careful with your personal belongings. The worst part was getting a wake up call most days asking if I wanted my room cleaned despite having a 'do not disturb' sign on the door. This is a problem because I had jet lag and I did not want to be bothered once I finally fell asleep. Also, there was a very annoying fire drill alarm that went off while I was napping one day and I was left standing outside with the staff and only a handful of ppl who paid the alarm any attention BUT we were all rewarded with a drink on the house :) I enjoyed a continental breakfast every morning (hard boiled eggs, cheeses, tea, coffee, juice, turkey slices, croissants, jam etc). Someone will ask you what room you are in and charge the b-fast accordingly. During checkout we had a problem because they charged us double for b-fast and it took them a long time to figure out how to undo the mistake. So be clear when the staff come around and tell them to charge the appropriate number of ppl (at 15EU a day, it is not a cheap mistake).

Tips: *Bring a laptop and connect to their complimentary wifi. This was my bible; I was able to plan and map out my days all over the city. There is also a traveler's guide online that tells you exactly which train, RER, metro or tram to take to get exactly where you want to go in the shortest or most direct way possible.
*Buy pre-cooked meals to go across the street. They are delish, inexpensive and take only 5 mins to heat up back in your suite.
*Pay attention to what time of day it is and what day of the week it is. This hotel is in an industrial business area so things close early and on wknds may not be open at all. The plus side is that most of the bars have happy hour :) In such cases, make the trip out to the Spanish Quarter or anywhere else the RER line will take you, you will not be disappointed.

I hope you enjoy your stay at this suite as much as I did!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank World_Traveller688
Dhaka City, Bangladesh
Reviewed February 25, 2013

We were in Paris last week and we had to spend three days after our arrival and three days before our departure two weeks after. We had the choice to stay in the same hotel the two time or to change and be able to see the differences. We chose to change place but to book the two time in a Suite Novotel. This review is giving an opinion on the Suite Novotel Issy le Moulineaux while I will review separately the three days spent in the Suite Novotel Porte de la Chapelle.

First of all we arrived early in the morning in Paris after 13 hours flight with two young children. At 9:00 am we arrived in the lobby of the hotel and I was a bit scarred to have to wait 13:00, normal time to check in, similarly to our experience in Novotel Singapore two years ago. The contrary happened and at the reception I was surprised to hear that the room was ready and that we could have it immediately. People in the hotel were all the time attentives and helpful. The room are very comfortable and it is an ideal solution for a family of four like us. We had three days in the hotel, discovered the ready pre-prepared breakfast with tasty original recipes, tasted the "buffet gourmand" and appreciated the freshness. We forgot one hair blower in the room and I called the reception while traveling. They said me that they will collect the item and store it the time we are gone. It has been exactly how they said and when I returned back I had the pleasure to see that the blower was ready at the reception.

Obviously the Suites Novotel is an original concept that associate self service with traditional customer relations. if you want one person present everywhere and every time you need it is not the place for you. Suite Novotel has a very good level of service and comfort for the price and I would have recommended this type of establishment to anybody if the next experience of Suite Novotel Porte de la Chapelle had been at the same level of quality (please read the review). Everything seems to be depending on the management.

We highly recommend the Suite Novotel of Issy les Moulineaux and we congratulate the management for its perfect and efficient service.

Room Tip: Rooms on the railway side are more noisy than the street side
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 24, 2013

We struck lucky with this hotel - we had never visited Paris before and were lucky to get such a pleasant hotel in such a convenient location.

Issy les Moulineaux is just outside the Paris Périphérique making it just that little bit cheaper than central Paris. The area around the hotel is clean and modern so gives a very welcoming feel when arriving. Transport into the centre of Paris couldn't be easier - there is a mainline train station on the other side of the road, with regular trains getting you to the centre in only a few minutes.

Being a very new hotel everything inside is immaculate and very well designed. We especially loved the 1970s retro chic style of our room, and great quirky mix of plastics, fabrics, odd wall angles, and modern fixtures. The shower is a wonderfully large almost wet-room style, but there's no bathroom door, just a curtain for washing privacy. Luckily a separate toilet, with door, is also available. Definitely my favourite hotel room to date.

The breakfast eating was odd, but still enjoyable. There's a self-service area that has all the basics on display in small display cabinets. The quality was consistent though and none of us went hungry.

Outside the hotel there are at least two local restaurants with alfresco dining areas. On a warm evening it's pure joy to sit outside, watch the world go by and just lap up the atmosphere of a Parisian suburb. The Eurosport channel have their headquarters over the road, so there's always lots of activity going on in the restaurants - the 'Irish Bar' seems to be a particular favourite.

The only downside is the poor hotel wifi access. The wifi is free, but is almost non-existent in the bedrooms, and sometimes not much better in reception. Don't even bother trying to use the awful internet TV service in the rooms.

A secure underground car park can be used be residents, but it's not cheap. It's also very small, with only about 10 spaces. What happens when more people want to use it?

Don't worry about speaking French, the hotel reception staff are very friendly and speak perfect English. Even the staff in the neighbouring restaurants can too, just try to make some effort to speak the local language while you're there.

Our experience here was so good we would not hesitate coming back, and it has me looking for Novotel as the first option when looking for other city breaks.

Room Tip: If you are coming from another country such as the UK, bring a power extension with you. Some of the...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Rotterdam, The Netherlands
Reviewed February 22, 2013

Modern and spacious rooms, which are sometimes hard to find in Paris. Ideal located next to the train station to get into the city centre quickly. Since the rooms are well isolated, no disturbing sound of the trains.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Jeroen B
Milan, Italy
Reviewed January 30, 2013

This was a business trip, so I was only in the hotel for a couple of hours. At first I was pleasantly surprised by the room which seemed fairly large for a standard room, nicely lit, comfortable bed...the two reasons that drive the average review: they clearly cater to business travelers and yet, when I asked for an adaptor I had to go down to the reception to get it myself. Secondly, my flight out of CDG was at 7 am (this place is a 45 min. drive from the airport), I asked for a wake up call for 5 am as my phone wasn't working and I couldn't set it up myself, and woke up at 6 am myself! The staff's reaction was unapologetic. Not planning on returning here.

Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Claudia N
Also consider these accommodations in or near Issy-les-Moulineaux
Ibis Budget Issy Les Moulineaux
Ibis Budget Issy Les Moulineaux
#2 of 12 in Issy-les-Moulineaux
Ibis Paris Issy Les Moulineaux Val de Seine
Ibis Paris Issy Les Moulineaux V...
#5 of 12 in Issy-les-Moulineaux
Classics Hotel Parc des Expositions
Classics Hotel Parc des Expositi...
#3 of 12 in Issy-les-Moulineaux
Paris d'Issy Hotel Porte de Versailles
Paris d'Issy Hotel Porte de Vers...
#4 of 12 in Issy-les-Moulineaux
Radisson Blu Hotel, Paris-Boulogne
Radisson Blu Hotel, Paris-Boulog...
#3 of 24 in Boulogne-Billancourt
Hotel Oceania Paris Porte de Versailles

Been to Novotel Suites Paris Issy les Moulineaux? Share your experiences!