Premiere Classe Paris Ouest - Gennevilliers Barbanniers
$44
ibis Budget
Hotel Gallieni(Gennevilliers)
TripAdvisor
All reviewsbudget hoteltram lineroom size iscar parkingstay there againworth the moneyeiffel towercity centresupermarketstationrerparismotorwayqueuetoilet
Reviewed April 2, 2013

2 of us arrived at the hotel in a very very cold night. We were told that our booking had been cancelled and the hotel was running full occupancy for the night! I said but I did not receive any cancellation! The receptionist immediately jumped into conclusion that the cancellation had nothing to do with the hotel and was due to "no money in your credit card". We saw no point talking much as he did not speak much English, we moved on to the hotel nearby. In order to test and prove that my credit card was in a perfect spending condition, I swiped the same card to pay for the new hotel room which I used to make the earlier booking online. The new transaction went through successfully! As I still wanted to be doubly sure that there was nothing wrong with my card, I called the bank that issued my credit card. The bank officer confirmed again and again that my card has been active, good payment and I should have no issues in using it. Throughout my trip, I used the same card several times and true enough, I encountered no issues at all! Overall, extremely poor customer service.

Room Tip: Do call or email the hotel to confirm your reservation if you opted for free cancellation room rate upon booking online.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed January 21, 2013

Classic budget hotel that does not dissapoint.
Very good location if you plan to come by car to Paris but you want to leave it at the hotel and use the subway system for your stay. This Premierre Classe is located in a quiet area just 5 min from the Gennevilliers RER station. The outdoor parking is free and you can also chose to park underground for a surprisingly small fee (2 euro). A trip by RER (line C) to Paris will take maximum 30 min (direct line to the Eiffel Tour, Invalides, Musse d'Orssay, etc) and will cost 2 euro (if you buy 10 tickets).
The rooms are not very large but good enough. Very clean. The heater/airco was a bit noisy so we've switched it off after some time.
Breakfast was ok if you want to start the day fast. Typical budget offering: baguettes with jam, cereals, youghurt and hot beverages (coffee/tea). For 4.90 is a good deal as it saves time.
All in all a good choice especially if you are going to spend most of your time visiting Paris and just look for a place to leave your car and sleep comfortably.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank tetra29
Reviewed October 27, 2012

I chose this hotel because we needed a budget hotel with free parking and free wifi, with easy access to Paris.

Once we got off motorway, it was easy to spot. Receptionist was very helpful and accommodating. This Premiere classe hotel had 24/7 receptionist. The room was very compact. We chose a room with a double and a single, but that single was a bunk bed. Be aware if you don;t have an agility to climb! Room seemed to be similar to a cruise cabin. It was spotlessly clean. We took breakfast one morning and it was pretty good, with magazines and newspapers provided.

RER Train station is a five minute walk. Depending on where you are going in Paris, it was about 20 minutes into centre of Paris. We bought a carnet of 10 sinlge tickets for 21 euros. There is a hypermarket next door where you can buy all sorts of things, including food.

Hotel also has secured underground parking for 2 euros (yes only 2 euros) per night. As we took a train to Avignon and had to leave the car one night, We parked it underground with our belongings inside and we did not have to be staying that night at the hotel.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 3, 2012

Stayed in this hotel for 10 days with family,had a wonderful experience, this is a a Budget hotel with Very attentive and helpful staff and clean rooms.
Adjacent to park for those who miss jogging and very safe area, value for money.
wi-fi internet access is free, however, if you do not have a wi-fi device,prepaid internet is little expensive.

Room Tip: Very neat and clean hotel, extremely good value for money,very courteous staff,well connected by RERC metro and next to super market and a restaurant,This hotel is value for money
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed January 23, 2012

Very attentive staff. Most helpful at all times.
Room fine, but carpet a little grubby. Breakfast was good value.
Nice quiet area considering location.
Safe parking.
Good value on the whole.

• Stayed: January 2012