Novotel Paris Creteil Le Lac
Hotels.com
$70
$58
Agoda.com
Premiere Classe Villeneuve St Georges(Villeneuve-Saint-Georges)
$55
$47
Campanile Villeneuve St Georges(Villeneuve-Saint-Georges)
$66
$64
$66
$64
Agoda.com
Hotel Saint Maur Creteil(Saint-Maur-des-Fosses)
$88
$71
$69
Agoda.com
All reviewssofa bedquiet locationmetro stationlocation is greatovernight stopvisiting disneylandwatch tvfree upgradelake viewhamburgerhotel restaurantsafety boxpark your cargood sizeshopping centrerooms are cleannespresso coffee machine
FilterAll languages
Reviewed May 21, 2013

We have chosen this hotel because of the swimming pool facility and having in mind we would stay away from the downtown traffic. Travelling with kids to a big city is always exciting and we try do it in their tempo. The only problem is that due to the cold weather , the pool was still closed ( my own bad planning)
The location of this hotel is just so good, bus and metro or bus and RER and you are in downtown Paris(We have used this option for our everyday trips to Paris , Disney, Parc Asterix and Versailles), the lake beside and the green area is peaceful and nice.

We have had an unusual experience and my daughter just concluded that here were the best ever people working in the hotel - this was the right choice of hotel and it will be always remebered for their kindness.
My daughter uses dental braces for teeth tightening and one day during breaksfast she wrapped it in paper napkin and forgot it on the table. More or less 1 hour later and on our way to the station, we realise that the dental brace was missing. We went back to the hotel and spoke to the receptionist, she took us to the restaurant area and enquired the others if they have noticed the napkin with the dental brace. No one have seen it - it is no weight at all on it and wrapped in napkin paper is so hard to see.
We asked if we could see thought the garbage - in case they had it sorted ( normally the food is separated in different containers) - so it was and There were 3 amazing girls helping us and not giving up to find this small and weihtless thing and thanks so much for their kindness and persistance, we found this so expensive dental brace.
I would like to thank you them so much . it is fantastic to experience that there are still kind people in this world.

PS: the carpet in the floor needs an upgrade or a change to wooden floor - which is more higyenic ( for the rooms and reception area , stairs )

Room Tip: The rooms to the lake have a fantiastic view.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
Georges C, Directeur général at Novotel Paris Creteil Le Lac, responded to this reviewResponded May 28, 2013

We very much appreciate your positive comments regarding your stay at the Novotel Créteil Le Lac.

Best regards
Georges CHRISTOS
Manager

Reviewed November 11, 2012

I suggest you steer well away from this place. Checked in at 1pm- no problem. Went to the 'Restaurant' and ordered a simple club sandwich. When the food arrived, we were joined by some unwelcome guests...yes...a flock of sparrows flying around the Restaurant, helping themselves to uncleaned tables. You can clearly see large amounts of Bird-droppings hardened on most of the dining chairs. I questioned the Waitress- she just shrugged her shoulders and ignored it. I left my food !
Next morning I went to the Restaurant for Breakfast. There were no cups- No spoons- no bowls and no bread for toast. Astonishing! I found some eggs and put them into the Boiler. At last , the Waitress arrived. i asked for a bowl, a cup, bread etc. she went to the kitchen and returned with 1 bowl, 1 cup and a ladel (for coffee) she then removed the toaster and switched off the Egg-boiler. She waved her hands at us saying "Fin, Fin" and pointed at her watch... 9-30am. I went to reception and reminded them that upon check-in they said 'Breakfast til 11 o'clock'. She came to the restaurant and an argument with staff ensued.
I Paid 152euro for this dump. They gave me 16euro upon checking out for my missed breakfast. A truly disgusting 'hotel'

Room Tip: my room was dirty
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
4  Thank poynto
Georges C, Directeur général at Novotel Paris Creteil Le Lac, responded to this reviewResponded February 11, 2013

Dear Sir,

Thank you for taking the time to comment on the Novotel Creteil Le Lac.

I am aware of the difficulties that you experienced due to the lack of cleanliness.

I understand your disappointment I convey my sincere apologies. I sincerely regret the negative impression that you left your stay and wish to assure you of the importance we attach to cleanliness that is one of our hotels' strong points. I will recall to his housekeeping staff and restaurant staff the necessary checks to put in place to ensure this kind of situation you encountered does not recur.

Your recent experience was certainly not a true reflection the high standards for which our hotels are known.

We would like to welcome you from now on as a preferred customer and we invite you to join our loyalty programme for Accor hotels.
Best regards
Georges CHRISTOS
Manager

Reviewed October 15, 2012

Went to Paris for a surprise birthday party in Creteil. The host got a good deal from the hotel as the venue of the party was near the hotel and we had family members coming from everywhere and wanted to stay together. From Gare du Nord, we took the metro line 8 to Creteil Universite. From the station there is no sign at all. We took a bus and got off after 2 stops. No signs again for a big hotel. You cannot see it but ask. From the bus stop, cross the road and up a little alley. There is Novotel. Nice and clean. We stayed for 2 nights including breakfast and one dinner. Check in was quick but we were not given meals tickects and that caused a lot of confusion at the restaurant and at check out. Room was normal and clean. Toilet and bath separate (plus point). Matress nicely hard. The waiters were very nice and polite at the restaurant and bar. On Sunday we had a black guy serving at the restaurant. Very efficient and a very lovely guy. Check out was quick and Marina was very efficient, professional and plaisant. Overall,very good experience but as for the location, it is up to you what u intend to do and go. Breakfast was clean and nice but we could do with more hot food choices. The hotel has good staff and should keep it up. My son loved it very much because he did not have enough of the xbox. Very good for children. The mall is 20 min walk away.

Room Tip: Book with breakfast included. Buy your drinks at the mall. It is quite expensive at the hotel.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
h0382-gm, Directeur général at Novotel Paris Creteil Le Lac, responded to this reviewResponded October 18, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to answer our questionnaire.

I have shared your comments with the team, so that they are aware of their contribution in helping to satisfy you and meet your expectations. I take into account your remarks regarding the Dinner and we will do our best to improve our service.

Reviewed August 26, 2012

This Novotel has very comfortable rooms, with a small non-descript restaurant. If you book it with breakfast included, you could have quite a good choice, with as much as you want. There is not much choice of TV, unless you speak French, but who comes to Paris to watch TV?

The small swimming pool is on the deck, close to a very large lake. The lake is surrounded by parkland, most of the way.

Near to the hotel, is a very large Mosque and Islamic Center, and by contrast, if you walk right around the lake, you will come to a highly religious Jewish community with it's own Mikvah, and about 7 or 8 good, and strictly Kosher food. This is highly unusual, as the restaurants vary tremendously, from Delicatessen, to Oriental, Fish, Dairy, Italian, and on and on, all situated facing the lake.

If you are not Kosher or Halal, then head half way around the lake (a delightful 20-30 minute walk, and go to the very large shopping center. Here you will find the Hypermarket, Carrefour, and about 120 other stores. Go to the top floor, and you will find about 12 fine restaurants, including a wonderful Chinese, with fine quality for moderate prices, and my favourite Hamburger Restaurant (Hamburger costs 25 Euros, but is worth every penny), Hippopotomus, with soft toy baby hippos for your kids. The other side of the shopping center is linked to the Metro Station, Creteil Lac, with direct trains leaving avery few minutes for the centre of Paris (about 20-25 minutes away) When you consider that there is free car parking, only one Metro ticket to the very heart of Paris, and lots of fresh air, this is hotel unbeatable. Paris is just not made for cars, so leave it at the hotel, and enjoy life!

Room Tip: I have stayed there 5 times, and do not know of any better or worse rooms. Buy the rooms with breakfast, which are sometimes available for £50, if you like to load up in the morning, as proper Brekfasts are rare and expensive in Paris.
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled solo
h0382-gm, Directeur général at Novotel Paris Creteil Le Lac, responded to this reviewResponded September 3, 2012

Reviewed August 20, 2012

The beds were big and comfortable plenty for me and my partner. The first morning we got up a little later than usual, around 8:30 am and went downstairs for breakfast to find that a lot of it was gone, so a good tip for breakfast is to get up around 7 ish.The decor was simple and classy, I loved the bath and shower, it was really clean, however dinner was expensive and not that good, so we went out to eat.which was hard being a young couple with a low budget.
The hotel locks were automated and had a card which was scanned in order to unlock the door, this was cool but did yield many problems and it took about ten minutes to finally get into our room when we got there, this was a hassle after a long 13 hour journey and all we wanted to do was get in bed.

Room Tip: Don't sleep near the elevator as it sounds like a man skidding his bum across a bath and is very annoying, otherwise the sleep was fantastic and the room was too.
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Emaline B
h0382-gm, Directeur général at Novotel Paris Creteil Le Lac, responded to this reviewResponded August 24, 2012