“10 minutes walk from metro station”

Residhome Courbevoie la Defense
Ranked #7 of 16 Hotels in Courbevoie
Nicosia, Cyprus
“10 minutes walk from metro station”
Reviewed July 16, 2010

The hotel is situated in a very quite but safe neighbourhood, just 10 minutes walk from the metro station “La Défense-Grande Arche” and the CNIT shopping centre. Has friendly staff and good breakfast. Spacious room and bathroom. It’s very good value for money.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Eledem

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
  • Arabic first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
paris
Reviewed June 23, 2010

I had to stayed here a few weeks for my work before I get my own apartment. The service is appalling. When you are having your breakfast, the staff will come to your table and still arrange the jam with trolly full of jam even if it is fine. I come down every morning for breakfast and if you lose your meal voucher. It is a pain to get another one. I was late for a meeting for this. The staff actually recognise me and know my name and yet could not let me in for a quick breakfast before my meeting. They even know my room number. The manager is very rude and say it is the rule and no one can change it. I asked what is the reason for filling the customer opinion form if there is no change possible. She just kept being rude to me and wanted to call my company. This is fine for me as I am an invited by my company but it is very belittling attitude from a manager.

I once tried to get something from the reception and one of the male staff is flirtatious and as a lone female traveller, when you hinted this is not appreciated, you expect him to behave more proffesionally. Unfortunately this did not stop. I have to avoid this staff and deal only with the female receptionist.

I will be putting a request for my company to put up all their future guest in nearby Adagio hotel which has a bigger room for the same price.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled on business
1 Thank ParisTulip
Brighton, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 15, 2010

Stayed here with my husband who was visiting a business associate near La Défense. The hotel wasn't too handy for his associate, but not bad at 30 minutes walk and a bit further again from La Défense, but directly opposite IBM and 10 minutes walk from the rail station to catch a train to Gare St Lazare.
The self-catering facilities in the room were excellent - small dishwasher, fridge oven-microwave, 2 ring stove. One dishwasher tablet is provided at the start of your stay, plus a few tea-coffee sachets. Cleaning / linen changing is only done once a week, unless paid for extra, so best for short stays. We had rooms at two rates as my husband originally booked for 2 nights then we stayed an extra 2 - the latter two were at the weekend and were cheaper, whereas if we'd gone into Paris for the weekend we would have had to pay more. The receptionist suggested we changed rooms as the they had a party of children coming in to the floor where our original room was. This was great as this way we had clean linen and an extra dish-washer tablet.
Only bad point for me is that the bed is a sofa-bed - we didn't really want to use it as a sofa and it was very creaky, so we woke each other up. Also, the mattress cover was of the sort with plastic on the under-side, so making you sweat - and uncomfortable.
There is apparently an excellent restaurant nearby, but we couldn't check it out as it is only open on weekdays) and in fact being a business area it is pretty deserted in the evenings. However, the train ride into Paris is good and cheap using the metro ticket book of 10 tickets, so we were able get into Paris instead, both for sight-seeing during Saturday day and again in the evening.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled on business
3 Thank Mouxsie
Nuneaton
Reviewed February 5, 2009

We found it easy to find as we use a tom tom map. Parking was not included and cost us and extra £40 but it was worth it know the car was secure. As its only on the out skirts of paris it was fairly quiet. And the Metro was only a ten minute walk, fantastic value too. Excellent hotel staff howevr the room was smaller than expected. All in all it was a good stay and resnable value for money considering the cost of everything in Paris.

• Liked — Excellent Location
  • Disliked — The bed was a pull down which means your pillas keep falling down :(
  • Stayed February 2009, traveled as a couple
2 Thank markdknott
Ireland
Reviewed September 30, 2008

I spent 5 nights in this hotel with my parents. It is about a 7 minute walk from the metro station in a very safe neighbourhood. We never felt uneasy walking day or night there.
The room was clean, at first looked small, but the beds fold into the wall easily and neatly giving loads of space. There is plenty of room in the kitchenette and we had breakfast there every day. There is a little supermarket directly across the road and a bakery within 3-4 minutes walk. Great for fresh croissants every morning.
The metro line from the local station-La Defense is excellent. It is so fast and efficient, no problems getting in and out of Paris.
I dont want to speak too badly of the hotel because staff were lovely and overall things were good. One problem, which someone else in a previous thread also experienced was only 2 pillows and 2 towels for 3 people. Very annoying. Having asked reception 3 times with no luck. I have good french and I also asked the ladies who change the towels to leave an extra towel and pillow with no luck also. Apart from this everything else was good.

• Liked — Apartment facilities, great use of space
  • Disliked — Not enough pillows and towels
  • Stayed September 2008, traveled with family
3 Thank RustyIreland
Reading, UK
Reviewed April 13, 2008

Our trip was for 3 generations of my family, with 3 people staying in the one room. Whilst the hotel is clean and functional, you have to pay extra for additional guests on the normal single arrangement. On arrival we were sent to a room that only accomodated two, then after some difference of opinion, we were given a room that would accomodate us all but had to pay extra for towels for 2 of us and had to make 3 requests for sufficient pillows, and 2 requests for pillow covers. If you are travelling on business and there is just one of you this venue would be perfect, but as one of the very many tourists that Paris receives annually I was more than a little disappointed in having to spend so much time at reception having to chase the basics.

• Liked — Appartment facilities
  • Disliked — Having to keep asking for the basics
  • Stayed April 2008, traveled with family
1 Thank BethsaidaBB
Belfast
Reviewed February 13, 2008

This hotel/appartment is located in the business district in Paris (La Defense). It is a new and beautiful area. Because it is in the business district it can be deserted at times but it is very safe. La Defense is on the main line into the centre of Paris and is ideally located for everything. Only 10 mins to Champs Elysees.

The hotel is clean, warm, friendly but maybe a little geared towards businessmen more than tourists.

It is very reasonably priced.

Would stay here again

• Stayed September 2007, traveled as a couple
4 Thank k1ngsley
Also consider these accommodations in or near Courbevoie
Melia Paris La Defense
#6 of 16 in Courbevoie
3.5 of 5 bubbles 1,144 reviews
Adagio Access La Defense Leonard de Vinci
Ibis Paris Defense Courbevoie

Been to Residhome Courbevoie la Defense? Share your experiences!