“Feels like home”

Ranked #1 of 16 Hotels in Courbevoie
Balikpapan, Indonesia
“Feels like home”
Reviewed September 24, 2013

We stayed in the one bedroom flat for about 3 months when I was doing my training in Paris. It's long enough that it feels like home. The one bedroom flat has separate living room, separate kitchen, bathroom and toilet. They even provide us with a baby bed for our daughter, free of charge. The staff was really kind, friendly and helpful. They really care about they're guesses. I think it's one of the strong point of this hotel. Friendly hotel staff is not something you could find everywhere in Paris. The bedroom was nice and very comfortable. I do think that the living room could used some refurbished, especially on the carpet. The location is excellent, 2 minutes from metro station. You can even walk for less than 15 minutes to reach the much bigger station and bus hub. Overall it's really a pleasant place to stay.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (67)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Reviewed September 21, 2013 via mobile

I know other graders which I tend to like but this one has nothing to do with those.
Old rooms very badly furnished and no style what so ever.
Location us pretty far out and very difficult to find. No taxi driver will know it. I paid eur 350 per night, maybe 50 eur would have been appropriate. Take the novotel next door!!!

• Stayed September 2013
2 Thank Mreckling
Fshfslc, Directeur général at Fraser Suites Harmonie Paris La Defense, responded to this review, September 25, 2013
Dear Guest:

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your experience through Trip Advisor.
I am sorry to read you didn't appreciate our property.
It is always difficult to please all our guests in terms of decoration, however, I understand your point of view.
Regarding the access to our Hotel Residence in la Defense, we have a very efficient tool in place, our eConcierge, which explains how to reach our property. This digital eConcierge is sent to all our guests 3 days before the actual arrival date. In addition, there is a direct link on our branded Web Site. Our eConcierge is visible on mobile phones, smartphones, tablets and laptops, I am sorry if you did not receive it.
You may not be aware, we are lucky enough to have a second property in Paris, Fraser Suites Le Claridge Champs Elysées, located in the middle of the Champs Elysées. We are just about to finish a complete refurbishment of all our 110 Suites. It could be an alternative for your next stay in Paris.
I will of course share all your comments with the team to see how we can rapidly improve.

With my Warmest Regards,

Christophe Radvansky
Leura, Australia
Reviewed September 18, 2013

I stayed here with my partner and son recently. We have trouble finding family type accommodation sometimes, so we tried this. We booked a 1 bedroom apartment, so my son could sleep on the bed in the lounge & we still had some privacy, and so he could get off to sleep before the grown ups. The apartment was great, very modern, clean, beautiful bathroom and small kitchen (but had everything we needed), 2 balconies, one of which overlooked La Seine. Staff were very helpful, spoke excellent English and helped us find local restaurants and the nearby Metro station. It was a great location to base ourselves for a few days in the capital. Parking underneath was useful, but then we left the car in the secure parking & used the metro to get about everyday. Very comfortable, great air conditioning in hot weather, would definitely use this again. Only 2 minute walk to the metro & then a few stops into the centre. It is based on the western edge of central Paris, in La Defense, which is the business centre. Lots of restaurants & shops a few minutes walk if you want to eat locally.

Room Tip: We enjoyed the view of the river from our balcony.
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 16, 2013

In Paris for a business trip, for week, our PA booked me a suite a the FSH.
I was quite skeptical.
But when I arrived I discovered a super nice, clean and large flat with a living room, a bedroom, a bathroom and a separated kitchen.
3 min far from the Metro 1. (1.5km from La defense grande arche, rer station, or 1 metro stop).
I really enjoyed the stay.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
London, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 2, 2013

I stayed at the Fraser suites for the weekend and I was extremely impressed. The rooms are nice and spacious. The breakfast was to die for and the staff were extremely pleasant, always smiling and asking how you are, they were also very informative. As a non french speaker I found them very helpful. It's also located very near to the metro so transport is easy. I would recommend this place to everyone! Well done.

Vancouver
Reviewed August 19, 2013

Good place for our family of 4. One bedroom unit had daybed couch with pull-out single bed. Was skeptical of quality, but it was actually very comfortable for our children - I would have been able to sleep on one of those beds no problem (I'm 6' and 220 lbs). The full size bed in the bedroom was very comfortable.

Good AC and well equiped kitchen. Dishwasher!

Helpful and patient front desk staff

I gave this place 5 stars, but would prefer to give 4.5.Would be nice if some small maintenance issues were addressed - touch up painting, that sort of thing.

Bit farther from the big attractions, but the local area is interesting in it's own right. The collection of modern buildings in La Defense is very worth seeing. Big shopping centre is close if you like that.

Right on the metro line, 10 minute walk to RER.

Room Tip: I think that the corner suites on one corner may have views of the Eiffel Tower, ours didn't and...
The Hague, The Netherlands
Reviewed August 17, 2013

This hotel is conveniently situated near the metro in La Defence (Esplanade La Defence), a 5 minute walk. Line 1 takes you right to the Louvre in 20 minutes. If you don't mind staying in the suburbs and a little longer travelling time to the centre of Paris, than this accomodation is a good choice. Of course, the surroundings of La Defence are awful and the hotel does not look very well maintained from the outside, but the hotel inside and the rooms itself are clean with very friendly staff. The rooms were very well equiped, incl. free wifi. It is easy to reach by car and parking is not expensive (in a spacious, clean garage, attached to the hotel). So if, you don't mind the surroundings and just looking for a relatively cheap place to stay, arriving by car, this accomodation is recommended.

1 Thank HongKongTraveller3
Also consider these accommodations in or near Courbevoie
Melia Paris La Defense
Hilton Paris La Defense
Hilton Paris La Defense
#5 of 41 in La Defense
Ibis Paris La Defense Centre

Been to Fraser Suites Harmonie Paris La Defense? Share your experiences!