“Good location for La Defnse”

Citadines La Defense Paris
Reviewed January 17, 2013

I booked this hotel to be close to La Defense. It is extremely convenient for location to La Defense, but that is all. There is a shopping centre 10 minutes away, and one restaurant in hotel Ibis next door, but that is all. The 1 bed room cost €200/night which is a bit high, but the location was convenient for walking distance to our meetings at La Defense.
The staff are uninterested in their guests. When we checked in they claimed they had no reservations for us, but could upgrade us for more money to a 1 bedroom. We showed them our booking reservation, and then suddenly they found our booking. Which was for a 1 bedroom apartment. Our daughter came to meet us, and they pulled the same scam with them. Wen I called to complain I dealt with the most incompetent member of staff I've ever met. Isabella. She truly has absolutely no business working in customer service.
Our daughter took over our 1 bedroom suite the next day, with her new booking and the hotel refused to change the sheets and towels, saying we were family???
Next time I will take a TA I to La Defense and stay in Paris central where there are cafes, restaurants and hotel staff who are not quite so incompetent.
I also would like to add that the beds were hard as rocks and my neck is killing me since staying there.

Room Tip: Don't get scammed into upgrading. The front reception laughed with me over their upgrade special...
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank skusderci
Lucie P, Guest Relations Manager at Citadines La Defense Paris, responded to this reviewResponded February 4, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your valuable feedback. We regret that this incident left you with a negative impression

I am truly sorry to hear about your unpleasant experience. While we constantly strive to maintain the highest standards of customer satisfaction, regrettably, on this occasion, it seems that we have fallen short of our key objective. I therefore wish to extend to you my sincere apologies.

I hope that we will have another opportunity to improve your stay experience in the near future. We look forward to welcoming you again at any one of our serviced residences.

Yours sincerely

Reviewed January 14, 2013

I stayed at Citadines La Defense Paris for three nights over the holiday period. It is not in the most central location however it is a short train journey by line 1 to the touristy parts of Paris, most notably the Arc de Triomphe and Avenue des Champs-Élysées. Because this accommodation is slightly off the beaten track and is not a regular hotel, you will struggle to find restaurants or small stores nearby for day-to-day supplies.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled solo
2  Thank Cole C
Reviewed January 7, 2013

This is a lovely residence. Room is small but equipped with a nice kitchen and bathroom. I actually use the kitchen to cook something during my stay. it's located near subway station, just fews mins walk. Although not in downtown paris, subway line 1 can take you to any major tourist attractions in Paris.

i'd recommend this hotel to anyone and will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
Lucie P, Guest Relations Manager at Citadines La Defense Paris, responded to this reviewResponded January 8, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your feedback which will be shared with our entire team. Your kind words motivates us to always ensure that our residents have a warm and pleasant experience.

It is our every intention to provide excellent service and products to our residents. Therefore I am glad to inform you that we propose different size of appartements suitable for longer stays or bigger family.
We would be delighted to welcome you again in our residence Appart'hotel Citadines La Défense.

With all my best regards,

Reviewed November 30, 2012

Less than 2 minutes walk from Metro Esplanade de la Defense. Various size apartments - we unwittingly booked a small studio apartment - however we did have a great view of the Eiffel Tower. The studio was warm, clean and satisfactory - quite compact! The kitchen had a microwave and basic cooker, but no oven. Acceptable bathroom. It may also be home to some longer term residents / contract workers with their families possibly hoping to get residential status in Europe. Check in was dreadfully slow. 3 nights there may be enough. On the plus side -good access to Paris and La Defense business area. A few decent restaurants and bars if you seek them out. Next door hotels offer evening meals if desperate.

Room Tip: Ask for view of Eiffel Tower - not just for the view, but brighter as whole area is surrounded by hi...
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
3  Thank Short-breaks-only
Reviewed November 27, 2012

Stayed in studio twin of Citadine for about 3 weeks during my business visit to Paris. The apartment felt bit crammed with a small kitchen and limited vessels. Had a tough time with the dishwasher, had to get it repaired twice and then finally got it replaced. The corridors were quite smelly and sometimes one of the lifts would not work. Housekeeping was just once a week and in the meanwhile one needs to fill a form and submit it in the reception for any refill. However, the staff were quite helpful and they addressed any request (even my 2'o clock call to stop the dishwasher) as soon as they could. Overall the stay was nothing great and only average. If one is willing to overlook certain inconveniences of a studio then it can possibly be a good stay.

Room Tip: Do not choose studio twin if you like your rooms to be spacious.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Ramya29

Dear Guest,

We were delighted with your feedback regarding your stay in July 2012 and have shared your compliments about the service with our team. Feedback such as yours is most encouraging.

As we are a serviced residence, our cleaning services do differ from a hotel. However, we can offer different arrangements, such as extra light cleanings on request and Club rooms which includes breakfast and daily cleaning. Therefore, it allows us to provide flexible services to our residents.

Also, we are glad to inform you that we are currently in a refurbishement process regarding new sofas & furnitures, the bathrooms and the main lobby. On your next stay with us, please feel free to ask me directly so I can ensure you experience with us corresponds to the high level of service provided in all Citadines Residences.

Yours sincerely,

Reviewed November 1, 2012

i stayed with my husband from 22 october 2012 till 24 october. we arrived early and left our bags till 6 pm, at our arrival there was a problem with the machine concerning the keys so one of the staff was dealing with this problem serving each guest to enter their rooms. this problem was well delt with. the next day the problem was solved. at our arrival the staff was so helpull welcoming and soooooooooooo nice although what they were facing due to the key problem. we took a very nice room with a view of tour eiffel and arc de trianfe. the room was good no comment on it it was clean. the breakfast is good too. the room size is good regarding paris hotels. the hotel is steps near to esplande de la defense so the access to the hotel is very easy. each day the reseption staff helped us in very way possible giving us direction and advices for our visits. reserved tickets for us to many places. if i went to paris again i would go there if there is a good price offer for sure.

Room Tip: take a high floor
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank imanmedhat
Lucie P, Guest Relations Manager at Citadines La Defense Paris, responded to this reviewResponded November 5, 2012

Dear Guest,

It is our every intention to provide excellent service and products to our residents. What happened with the key system was an isolated incident due to an event which we had that day. We are glad you still enjoyed your stay with us and we look forward to welcoming you again.

With all my best regards.

Reviewed October 29, 2012

Avoid this hotel if you can.
Some horrible experiences I had while living in this hotel. It was an extended stay for me at this hotel. Murky corridors, and smelly ones too.
To start with, one of the windows wouldn't close properly in the room. After complaining, they never offered to replace my room, but promised to send out a person to repair the broken window. Now, each evening, I was told that the fixer had come and had fixed it. Obviously since the guy came during the afternoon, I never met him. But apparently he fixed it, but I could put my hand and could place the cold air coming in. I should have looked for a different hotel but I stuck to it because of the decent kitchen space it offered. The window was never fixed and I spent the rest of the two weeks sleeping on my extended-sofa.

Internet - was free. However. It was free only for the first 30 users. That is, the 100-odd residents were allocated 30 users. So whoever logs in first, gets in, others can go walking. Now, what sort of a logic is that?

Citadines had sent me a feedback form, and I did 'write back'. Their manager got back to me after 4 months and apologized over mail. But I think I had enough.

Citadines La Defense would rank amongst the worst hotels I have stayed all across the world. Broken facilities can be appreciated, but horrible services cannot be.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled solo
5  Thank Sanjay_GT
Lucie P, Guest Relations Manager at Citadines La Defense Paris, responded to this reviewResponded November 4, 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your experience with us.
Your detailed feedback is really not what we try to offer to our guests everyday and on behalf of the Citadines La Defense’s Managers, I wish to deeply apologize if the time of our reply appeared so long to you.

While we constantly strive to maintain the highest standards of customer satisfaction, regrettably, on this occasion, we have fallen short of our key objective
The different issues you encountered have been discussed and addressed to our teams. Our daily priority is to make sure our guests are well treated and their requests, promptly answered.

Once again, we apologize that we were unable to make you feel more at home and comfortable. We hope that you would reconsider staying with us again, giving us another opportunity to serve you better.
Please contact me directly, I will make sure, that your next experience with us corresponds to the high level of service provided in all Citadines Residences.

With my Best Regards

Also consider these accommodations in or near Courbevoie
Melia Paris La Defense
0 mi away
Fraser Suites Harmonie Paris La Defense
Residhome Courbevoie la Defense
Best Western Rives de Paris La Defense

Been to Citadines La Defense Paris? Share your experiences!