“the most wonderful staff i ever saw” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Citadines La Defense Paris

Citadines La Defense Paris
Alexandria, Egypt
“the most wonderful staff i ever saw”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 1, 2012

i stayed with my husband from 22 october 2012 till 24 october. we arrived early and left our bags till 6 pm, at our arrival there was a problem with the machine concerning the keys so one of the staff was dealing with this problem serving each guest to enter their rooms. this problem was well delt with. the next day the problem was solved. at our arrival the staff was so helpull welcoming and soooooooooooo nice although what they were facing due to the key problem. we took a very nice room with a view of tour eiffel and arc de trianfe. the room was good no comment on it it was clean. the breakfast is good too. the room size is good regarding paris hotels. the hotel is steps near to esplande de la defense so the access to the hotel is very easy. each day the reseption staff helped us in very way possible giving us direction and advices for our visits. reserved tickets for us to many places. if i went to paris again i would go there if there is a good price offer for sure.

Room Tip: take a high floor
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank imanmedhat
Lucie P, Guest Relations Manager at Citadines La Defense Paris, responded to this review, November 5, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your feedback which will be shared with our entire team. Your kind words motivates us to always ensure that our residents have a warm and pleasant experience.

It is our every intention to provide excellent service and products to our residents. What happened with the key system was an isolated incident due to an event which we had that day. We are glad you still enjoyed your stay with us and we look forward to welcoming you again.

With all my best regards.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
  • Indonesian first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Kolkata, India
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 29, 2012

Avoid this hotel if you can.
Some horrible experiences I had while living in this hotel. It was an extended stay for me at this hotel. Murky corridors, and smelly ones too.
To start with, one of the windows wouldn't close properly in the room. After complaining, they never offered to replace my room, but promised to send out a person to repair the broken window. Now, each evening, I was told that the fixer had come and had fixed it. Obviously since the guy came during the afternoon, I never met him. But apparently he fixed it, but I could put my hand and could place the cold air coming in. I should have looked for a different hotel but I stuck to it because of the decent kitchen space it offered. The window was never fixed and I spent the rest of the two weeks sleeping on my extended-sofa.

Internet - was free. However. It was free only for the first 30 users. That is, the 100-odd residents were allocated 30 users. So whoever logs in first, gets in, others can go walking. Now, what sort of a logic is that?

Citadines had sent me a feedback form, and I did 'write back'. Their manager got back to me after 4 months and apologized over mail. But I think I had enough.

Citadines La Defense would rank amongst the worst hotels I have stayed all across the world. Broken facilities can be appreciated, but horrible services cannot be.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled solo
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
5 Thank Sanjay_GT
Lucie P, Guest Relations Manager at Citadines La Defense Paris, responded to this review, November 4, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your experience with us.
Your detailed feedback is really not what we try to offer to our guests everyday and on behalf of the Citadines La Defense’s Managers, I wish to deeply apologize if the time of our reply appeared so long to you.

While we constantly strive to maintain the highest standards of customer satisfaction, regrettably, on this occasion, we have fallen short of our key objective
The different issues you encountered have been discussed and addressed to our teams. Our daily priority is to make sure our guests are well treated and their requests, promptly answered.

Once again, we apologize that we were unable to make you feel more at home and comfortable. We hope that you would reconsider staying with us again, giving us another opportunity to serve you better.
Please contact me directly, I will make sure, that your next experience with us corresponds to the high level of service provided in all Citadines Residences.

With my Best Regards

Travelers are raving about these Courbevoie hotels

edmonton
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 20, 2012

We stayed here with 2 young children. The hotel had 2 rooms, one with double bed and one with sofa bed. We had a small balcony with a beautiful view and a small kitchen. The room is clean but nothing fancy and a fairly dated. There is excellent acces to the Paris metro which you can take to all Paris landmarks. Restaurants and shops nearby and service was friendly and helpful.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank kettleking
Dear Guest

Thank you very much for taking the time to tell us about your recent stay. Your feedback will be shared with our entire team.
Feedback such as yours inspire us to continually provide and improve the level of service that residents have come to expect.

As we continue our efforts to achieve excellent service standards, we are glad to inform you on our refurbishment program coming soon, to update our bathrooms and our lobby. So feel free to contact me directly so we can ensure to propose you a confortable accomodation for your next stay with us.

Once again, thank you for your feedback. We look forward to welcoming you again at any one of our serviced residences.

WIth all my best regards
Williamsburg, Virginia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 19, 2012

We stayed recently at this hotel for five days in one of their one bedroom apartments. The location of the hotel is close to the metro stop and in a quiet area of La Defense. Le Quatre Temps shopping mall, which has many, many stores and restaurants, is just a ten (to fifteen) walk away in an area that felt very safe even at night. It is largely a corporate area so would be convenient for those with business in La Defense.

The apartment itself had very good space, and enabled people to sleep in the living room bed and close the door for privacy. The bedroom also had a door for privacy. There was a tiny kitchen area (counter, sink, small refrigerator, microwave and even a tiny dishwasher) which was adequate. The bed in the bedroom was very comfortable.

The unit was quite clean (and I have high standards for cleanliness) but needed some repairs in the floor moldings and the desk area. It didn't bother us, but it left the impression that the hotel owner/management does not keep the apartments up to a high standard. The cover on the sofa (bed) in the living room smelled like a dog and had some slight stains on it. A new cover was definitely needed.

There is no housekeeping service unless you stay at least a week (I think). This was ok and just meant that we had to take our trash to the receptacle in the hallway (which actually smelled horribly when opened). We did ask for more towels at one point and that request was easily accommodated.

The worst part about this hotel is that we could hear doors slamming in the hallway, to the point that they sounded like they were our own door. At one point a door slammed in the night and I woke up frantically thinking that someone had come into our unit!

The hotel staff were very friendly and spoke English very well.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank lvtoske
Dear Guest,

We were delighted with your feedback regarding your recent stay and have shared your compliments about the service with our team. Feedback such as yours is most encouraging.

As we are a serviced residence, our cleaning services do differ from a hotel. However, we can offer different arrangements, such as extra light cleanings on request and Club rooms which includes breakfast and daily cleaning. Therefore, it allows us to provide flexible services to our residents.

Also, we are glad to inform you that we are currently in a refurbishement process regarding new sofas & furnitures, the bathrooms and the main lobby. On your next stay with us, please feel free to ask me directly so I can ensure you experience with us corresponds to the high level of service provided in all Citadines Residences.

Yours sincerely,
San Diego, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 7, 2012

This hotel offers a good amount of space in the room. I liked that it really did feel like your own apartment right there in Paris. Two rooms one living room and then the bedroom and a small kitchenette. The staff was nice and spoke english and the location was right next to the metro about 5 min walk and around many restaurants in La Defense. The walls must be a bit thin there because you can easily here people moving in the rooms next to and above you. It's a great place if you are staying for a few nights in Paris because you have the kitchenette you can make your on breakfast and store snacks. Oh free wi fi in the room too!

Room Tip: Need to ask for a hair dryer
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank k_wood10
Dear Guest,

We were delighted to learn that you enjoyed your stay with us. At the same time, we are happy to have met your expectations in service and quality standards. Receiving such positive feedback from our residents motivates us to further improve our commitment to delivering good service.
We look forward to welcoming you again at any one of our serviced residences.

Yours sincerely
Kitchener, Canada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 3, 2012

Until my trip to Paris, I had never stayed in a Citadines Apart'hotel. It's not unlike a longterm stay hotel here in North America, or perhaps a short-term rental apartment.

The hotel is not the easiest to find. It's very close to the Esplanade de La Défense metro stop (not the Grande Arche stop - that's a 15 minute walk away). From the metro stop it's about about a 5 minute walk. There are stairs to negotiate, so if you're hauling a bunch of luggage it can be a challenge.

The hotel is located right next to the IRIS building. There is a flight of stairs down from the pedestrian walkway level to the entry of the hotel. Signage for the hotel is small and not located in the most obvious areas. It is there, but you have to really look for it.

The lobby and front desk are fine, and I found the front desk staff to be friendly and helpful. There is a small business center in the lobby with two computers and getting time on these machines seems to be fairly easy. I don't think I ever saw them both in use at the same time.

There is a breakfast served in the lobby area, at a cost of €14, or about CA$18. A bit expensive in my opinion. The only morning I had breakfast at the hotel, the power was out in the eating area and they were completely unprepared. They were trying to offer coffee and cold breakfast options, but they had the room lit with a couple of flashlights and seemed to be running next door to the coffee shop to get their carafes filled. Having said that, the food was still good, if hard to see. :-)

The elevators in this hotel are among some of the smallest I've been on - probably 4-5' square [1.5 m sq), and not the fastest.

The studio room I had was OK. The bedding was clean, as was the bathroom and the kitchenette. The kitchen was well appointed, with the smallest dishwasher I've ever seen, a fridge, microwave, two burner stove, two place settings and pots and pans. I didn't stay long enough to use any of them. The room also had an iron and ironing board.

The bed was very comfortable, but was on wheels, so leaning up against the headboard to read was not possible. The bed and bedding were clean as I mentioned, no evidence of bedbugs.

The TV was tiny, but this was not a problem for me. The closet was also tiny, but functional for one person. Two would be tight. There was no dresser, but there were shelves in the closet for this purpose. The closet also contained a room safe, always a good feature.

My only complaint was that the room was quite worn. The laminate edging on the furniture was torn off, and the edges were badly chipped and damaged. I found the room quite quiet, and had no complaints that way.

The best feature of this hotel is it's proximity to the Esplanade de la Défense, the metro, and the businesses in the area. I would recommend this hotel if you are staying for an extended period, say a couple of weeks. Having the kitchen in that case would definitely be worth it. There are grocery stores very close to the hotel.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank DougNix
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your experience with us and such a very detailed feedback.

The different issues you encountered have been discussed and addressed to our teams. Regarding the power cut while you were having breakfast, I would like to assure you that this was not scheduled and we do apologize that it affected this part of your stay.

Also I am glad to inform you that we are going to go through a refurbishment program soon, regarding the sofas & furnitures and the bathrooms.

We hope that we will have the pleasure of welcoming you again in the near future.

With all my best regards,
Quebec City, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 11, 2012

This hotel apart' feels like home ! You won't regret it !
The location, the staff (nice and friendly), the room, the service everything was perfect! It had everything even coffee and tea was served for FREE near the reception.
The room is confortable it had a small kitchen with small two elements (to cook), a microwave, a mini dishwasher, fashion utensils, a plasma TV, internet Wi-FI (free), a normal bathroom (nothing very fancy).

Downside: The room doors of each other were very close. That means that you are very near to your neighbor which is not always fun, especially if they have small children.
They do not do your room everyday, it's twice per week. Only small clean-up is made everyday.

Advantages: Nice BED (comfortable with white clean sheets), near by you have a nice view, near Eiffel Tower (45 min of walk) for example after a nice lunch you can take a romantic walk with your husband/spouse and not anywhere but to the EIFFEL TOWER (it's incredible), a big shopping mall near by (5 min of walk), the metro.

Best hotel in PARIS since you are in the heart of the town!! It's a very SAFE place, security 24/24h.

I highly and definitely recommend this hotel to anyone wanting to enjoy their stay in Paris wether it's with friends, family or couples !!
I will definitely return to that hotel apart' !!! At the same time, for a long stay it's very inexpensive since you got a mini range (2 elements) so cooking is made easier.
And you always can enjoy their breakfast which is 14 Euros per person.
**You also have to pay one euro per person for the city tax**

Enjoy!!!! :)

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
4 Thank Meg M
Also consider these accommodations in or near Courbevoie
Melia Paris La Defense
Sofitel Paris La Defense
Sofitel Paris La Defense
#1 of 41 in La Defense
4.5 of 5 bubbles 1,531 reviews

Been to Citadines La Defense Paris? Share your experiences!