“Good Hotel located close to the Metro”

Mercure Paris La Defense
Ranked #6 of 16 Hotels in Courbevoie
Reviewed November 6, 2013

Located in la Defense, within a 5 minute walk plus 5 minute Metro ride to downtown Paris, this Hotel offers a good location and great value for a weekend stay Rooms are small, as is customary for Paris, but clean. We stayed here for 3 days during a weekend at the end of September 2013 and found the accommodations satisfactory. Bathrooms are modern but small. No complaints.

Room Tip: Look for weekend, short-notice deals to get better value for your money.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Josef G
Mercure92400, Responsable relations clients at Mercure Paris La Defense, responded to this reviewResponded November 12, 2013

Reviewed November 5, 2013

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
1  Thank MichaelVP

Reviewed October 29, 2013

Stayed here with CTC Travel for holidays). Hotel room is clean and big for 2 adults. Is a nice hotel to stay. Takes abt 30mins or less (depends on traffic) to Champs de Elysee by coach. There's a delicious fried chicken restaurant nearby hotel called Best Chicken.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Cathryn T

Reviewed October 19, 2013

The room is ok. Breakfast is terrible, over crowded and noisy. I walked into the breakfast room and literally walk straight out. and I have skipped breakfast for the rest of my stay.
Our travel agency booked for me and the averge price is over $220 euro. I guess this is why they put me on the "superior" floor. You'd expect there are a separate breakfast on this level. no.

Internet connection is a big problem. It is free but it is extremely slow and unreliable. I think I had to re-connect at least 10 times. In addition, it also blocks Skype.
Judging from the line of tour bus out front, I guess this is not geared for business travelers and this might be my problem.
If you are in town for business, and expect to work in your hotel room. Don't stay here.

Room Tip: higher floor might help you stay away from the rest of the tourists.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank tsailingm
Mercure92400, Responsable relations clients at Mercure Paris La Defense, responded to this reviewResponded October 23, 2013

We thank you for taking the time to share your comments with us,
We are sorry for this pretty bad experience that you have encountered, We will have a second provider of internet solution in a short while, as we have noticed that the actual connexion might cut for no appearent reason.
The Duty Manager is in the hotel and you may ask him for any suggestion or solution if you need something during your stay, you can call him by dialling 2424 at anytime. We all stay at your disposal,
Unfortunately we were fully booked last week and lots of guests wanted to have breakfst in between 7:30 and 8:30... You may have also breakfast in your room if you wish,
Be sure that we will do our best to make your nest stay very much enjoyable with us,

Reviewed October 14, 2013

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

Reviewed October 11, 2013

Stayed here as part of our European Cavalcade Tour for 2 nights. Hotel located outside of Paris centre. A taxi from Arc de Triomphe will cost ~25 Euros Shopping complex next door with supermarket and restaurants. Quite a large hotel and only 2 elevators working so can be crowded. Rooms comfortable and clean. Free WiFi in rooms with good connection. Tea and coffee making facilities in room. Buffet breakfast reasonable. Overall, a good stay but will stay closer to Paris centre next time.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Melistopher C

Reviewed October 10, 2013

I stayed for 2 days as part of the Trafalger European Accent Tour from 30/9-1/10. The room is clean and spacious, with a safe and kettle(most hotel doesn't come with a kettle). Free WiFi from Orange which has good coverage. Tried the shuttle service which holds abt 6-8 ppl. Breakfast was a puzzling part for me. Breakfast is available at ground floor(level 0) or 1st Level(level 1). lvl 0 is buffet style, lvl 1 needs to queue up to be served with fixed portion. I went to lvl 0 for breakfast on my 1st day of stay. I checked with the staff with my room number at the restaurant and she checked her list and told me I can eat there. cos there's very few people there. later did i realized that my other tour members are eating at lvl 1. On the 2nd day, I went to lvl 1, it was about 6.30-6.40am and saw a massive queue! So I thought maybe try lvl 0 since yesterday the staff checked and confirmed I can eat there as well. So went there. Also saw 2 other ladies from my group also going there. We went in and get our food. One of the staff approached 1 of the ladies and told her she cant eat here and took her plate of food away! I thought this is rude! I'm puzzled why I can eat there yesterday and not today. So I check with the staff and this time she told me I can't eat there! Why didn't anyone check with us when we walk in and why did the staff so rudely take away a guest's plate. My happy stay with the hotel was ruined by this incident. An excellent hotel just become average to me because of rude staff and puzzling standard.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank 947Traveller
Mercure92400, Responsable relations clients at Mercure Paris La Defense, responded to this reviewResponded October 13, 2013

Dear Guest,

We thank you so much for taking the time to share your comments with us as it will help us tho further improve the level of quality we would like to provide to our guests.
We are very sorry for what you have encounetere and wwe wish this will never happen again,
If you come with a group, your tour leader should explain you where to have your breakfast and you should not be lost like this in the hotel, you would be abble to eat all together.*
Once again we would like to beg you to accept our sincere apologies for that
Be sure that we will do much better for your next stay with us
Looking forward to welcoming you again soon,
The hotel Management

Also consider these accommodations in or near Courbevoie
Melia Paris La Defense
Pullman Paris La Defense
#1 of 41 in La Defense
Fraser Suites Harmonie Paris La Defense
Mercure Paris La Defense Grande Arche Hotel

Been to Mercure Paris La Defense? Share your experiences!