“BE CAREFUL IF YOU ARRIVE OUTSIDE RECEPTION HOURS”

Ibis Budget Marne la Vallee Chelles
Ranked #2 of 6 Hotels in Chelles
Reviewed September 18, 2012

Used this hotel for a cheap stopover for Disney, and it is what it is, a cheap hotel for a nights sleep. The big problem was I booked online, with my visa DEBIT card. We arrived at about half ten, reception is only open 4 - 9 every day, but the website said automated check-in 24-7.

The problem was the machine wouldn't take my debit card, my credit card or my mum's cards. So I was stranded late at night with my OAP Mum and a 10 year old. They security guard, rang someone, shrugged his shoulders and pointed to the street. If it wasn't for the kindness of another traveller we were stuck, luckily another English woman came along and took forty Euros and paid on her credit card. She had 5 bookings, did two of hers and ours and then her card wouldn't work. She had to resort to using three other cards to complete the booking.

My tip would be, whatever you do, take a couple of credit cards, just in case you have an issue with one. As there is no-one to help you if the machine won't work.

On our way back we stayed here again, and during reception hours the debit card worked...whoop-de-doo. Make sure you get at least a second floor room, the rooms have no air-con, so if it's hot you need to open the window wide, and I wouldn't risk it on the ground floor.

Room Tip: At least 2nd floor, no air-con, so if it's hot you need to open the window wide, not worth the r...
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
There are newer reviews for Ibis Budget Marne la Vallee Chelles

Reviewed August 28, 2012

I booked Chelles as I wanted somewhere inexpensive near to Disney where we had free tickets courtesy of Sky TV.

We arrived at 6pm on Sunday, the outside temperature was 39C on the gauge in the car. The front door seemed to be locked and there were some off-duty workmen using the table under the porch for their lunch/beer/dinner. As someone noted there were quite a few workmen's vans in the parking.

We were unable to get the auto reception machine to accept my bank card that I had made the booking, then we noticed a girl inside on the phone. The door was now unlocked and we checked in. As we requested non-smoking we were in the back on the first floor.

For €34 a night you don't expect much and we only intended sleeping there. The room was a little shabby, but not that bad and it is really an F1 with added moulded bathroom/shower.

The only problem was that the 39C only dropped about 10C all night and the rooms are stiflingly hot. No air-con. In the end we did something I've not done for many years and we slept with cold water soaked towels on us!!! It works. Try it sometime.

We did notice that every time we went out of the hotel, to unpack the car, to go to get dinner, to pack the car or to leave, the reception girl was leaning out of the window smoking!

We skipped breakfast and ate on the way to Disney.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 29, 2012

We stayed here for a cheap stopover on our way back from Disneyland Paris, the hotel was frequented by groups of single males working ("playing") away from home. Very basic accomodation stained carpets and matresses and generally in poor state. Whole wings were occupied by groups of male workers builders / van drivers. We did not experience any problems as we were in a large family group but I would have felf more worried if in small group or female only. We were also bitten by unknown insects / bugs during the stay so we would obviously not recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
A TripAdvisor Member
Edegem
Reviewed December 15, 2011

Hi, We were there just to sleep. We arrived at 2200 hours, en left at 0700 the next morning.

We're very happy about Etap, because there is no better opportunity for this price. congratulations!

But, I was intending to sent Etap a mail just to tell you how dissapointed we are for the friendlyness of the person at the reception.

I had some problems with the automatic check in, so I askeds something, but he was calling with his portable phone. He didn't even looked at me, he didn't stop calling.

I think for Etap, it's better to fire such uncommercial person. We were really chocked about his client handling, and this might be an argument to not going back in an Etap Hotel.

What do you propose?

Thank's for your answer

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Chelles
Ibis Budget Marne la Vallee
Ibis Budget Marne la Vallee
#2 of 2 in St.-Thibault-des-Vignes
Ibis Budget Marne la Vallee Pontault Combault
Ibis Budget Marne la Vallee Pont...
#1 of 3 in Pontault Combault
Comfort Hotel Chelles Marne-La-Vallee
Premiere Classe MLV - Saint Thibault Des Vignes
Premiere Classe MLV - Saint Thib...
#1 of 2 in St.-Thibault-des-Vignes
Ibis Budget Marne la Vallee Val d'Europe
Ibis Budget Roissy CDG Paris Nord 2
Ibis Budget Roissy CDG Paris Nor...
#19 of 31 in Roissy-en-France

Been to Ibis Budget Marne la Vallee Chelles? Share your experiences!