“Nice hotel - but pricy during roland garros”

Radisson Blu Hotel, Paris-Boulogne
Reviewed June 29, 2013

I stayed here on business during roland garros. I chose this hotel because of the location and the area I needed to do business. The price was kind of steep 350 eu a/night but i realized later that my trip was during roland garros (not a tennis fan) and that's probably why...but i still think i was a bit too much. The hotel is located on a main street but in the room you don't hear the traffic. The rooms are really nice and clean. They are not overly spacious but big enough. A nice touch I remember: coming back from in the evening the bed was made with the bathrobes folded nicely on the bed with some sweets (see picture). They have a good choice of breakfast options and the staff is friendly. There's a bus station and subway stop nearby. I came from Gare du Nord and it took me about 20 mins to get to this hotel. I will return to this hotel if i need to be in the area again, and I would recommend it when they charge the 'normal' rates. (just don't book here during roland garros)

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
RadissonBoulogne, General Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel, Paris-Boulogne, responded to this reviewResponded July 9, 2013

Dear Dutchman02,

Thank you very much for your nice comments.
We are happy to read you enjoyed the hotel and our location. As you mentioned, we are very closed to the main train stations (between 20 to 30 mn by metro), and the closest metro station, which is situated 3 minutes walking distance, allows our guest to easily enjoy Paris and the main attractions (Eiffel Tower, Champs Elysées, Trocadero..).

Were you able to see some tennis players during your stay ? Roland Garros is always a very exciting time and we are always pleased to welcome numbers of tennis players or people associated.

We look forward to welcoming you back soon,

All the best,

Frederic Savoure

There are newer reviews for Radisson Blu Hotel, Paris-Boulogne

Reviewed June 19, 2013

Having stayed at another hotel in Paris, I would say that Radisson Blu offers a great value for the money. Our room was comfortable and spacious, always clean and offered plenty of light. Food at the restaurant downstairs is first rate quality and the waiters attentive and friendly. If French is not your strong point, everyone on the staff speaks excellent English. The staff at the concierge desk went above anything we expected in helping us find our way around and making reservations. The area around the hotel is quite nice as well: safe, pretty and with plenty of restaurant and cafe options. The only drawback might be that if you are a tourist, it's about half an hour away from the city center by metro, but I still think it's a reasonable sacrifice to make for everything else you get here.

• Stayed: June 2013
1  Thank NYTraveller35
Reviewed June 19, 2013

My wife and I went for a week Roland Garros to watch tennis. This hotel is perfect for that purpose. For a normal Parisian tourist, I would not recommend it unless you get a great price. Here is my review. The good: Room - our room was very large by Paris standards. We booked a one bedroom suite since we were going to be there 8 days and it was worth it. The bedroom was very large and the small living area was great to have. The room was very quiet...no street noise and never heard any neighbors. The a/c was not functioning correctly when we arrived but a report to maintenance resulted in a fix the next day. Overall very comfortable. Location for RG - we were a 15 minute walk to RG and a 5 min walk to the Metro. For the tennis this was ideal. Tennis Vibe - during the two weeks of RG this place has a lot of people associated with the tournament on site. The womens doubles champions stayed here...we saw them at breakfast several times. Service - although we did not interact with the front desk staff too often when I did they were friendly and helpful and spoke English well enough. Breakfast - this was included in our room and was a good way to start each day. If it wasn't part of the room price I would not pay separately for it...it was not at that level. The average: Cleanliness and upkeep - our room was pretty clean and up to date. No complaints but not exceptional. The housekeeper randomly removed a pillow from our room on day 2 and also failed to replace shampoo a couple of times. By comparison to a US hotel it felt a bit like a older Sheraton or Marriott vs. a newer Westin or other higher end place. Definitely a 3 star by US standards. Amenities - average amenities such as iron, toiletries, Nespresso machine. Nothing special but helpful. The poor: The bar area had a really musty unclean smell to it. Overall we would stay here again if attending Roland Garros due to proximity. If coming as a tourist we would stay in a better area. It was a good 25 - 35 minutes to commute to and from dinner in the St. Germain de Pres area for example. The local area around the hotel has few dining options that I could tell although there is a mini supermarket a block away that was handy for snacks and wine.

Room Tip: For the price compared to a central paris hotel room the one bedroom suite is a good value.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank sglars
Reviewed June 16, 2013 via mobile

Great happy helpful staff, location was ok, but at least it was close to my offices.

Breakfast was just magnificent and much better than I had expected.

Rooms where clean and tidy.

Unfortunatley the only things I could not get to work was the air conditioner.

• Stayed: June 2013
1  Thank Stuartthebear
Reviewed June 11, 2013

Paris is expensive so don't expect many budget places to stay. I was in the city for 3 days when I ran the marathon in April and decided to splash out on a suite of two rooms. I wasn't disappointed, the room and hotel were opulent without being oppressive and the service was exemplary, nothing was too much trouble for the very friendly staff.

The location was a little bit on the outskirts but that helped to keep the price down and the metro station was just 2 minutes walk away, a brisk training run in the morning saw me running alongside the Siene with a beautiful view across the city.

Just across the road from the hotel was an excellent Japanese restaurant and it was only a couple of minutes further to an array of cafes, restaurants and shops, including an excellent patisserie.

If it's in your budget and you don't need a pool then this is the place. Worth adding that their club sandwich is the best I've eaten :)

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Nick J
Reviewed May 30, 2013

I stayed here on business arriving late on sunday night and leaving early monday morning. First of all I was given a smokers room (should have been explicit that I did not want this but nevertheless). The airconditioning did not cool the room, I only got warmer despite turning the dials to the max on both directions. This resulted in a warm and sticky night. In addition I was on the first floor close to the street meaning it was really noisy. The room was average, the bed was good in general and the bathroom was excellent. Still, the overall experience was not good. Service was good, the breakfast was excellent. I would have rated this good if I had a non smoker room, not facing the street and the airconditioning was working.

Room Tip: Ask for a non smoking room and higher up and not facing the street
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
3  Thank Joachim73
RadissonBoulogne, General Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel, Paris-Boulogne, responded to this reviewResponded June 9, 2013

Dear Joachim73,

First of all, I would like to thank you for taking time to write your review on your last stay at the Radisson Blu Hotel Paris Boulogne.

Our first priority is to make our guests feel comfortable, and I am very sorry to read the A/C did not work correctly.
This problem has been fixed, and hopefully, will not appear again.

Be assured next time you visit us, we will be pleased to allocate you one of our nicest non smoking bedroom.

Please know that we will always do our utmost to ensure you have an enjoyable stay.

Look forward to meeting you on a future visit.

Best regards,

Frederic Savoure

Reviewed May 15, 2013

I stayed at this hotel one night in May 2013 on business. The choice was almost forced as this is very close to my company's parisian offices. Anyhow, even if the area is not uber-interesting, the hotel is located close to a metro station and you can get to Pars city centre in around 25 minutes.
Unfortunately 1, I was given a room on the first floor overlooking the main street nearby: as there was no double glazing, the room was very noisy during the evening and, worst still, for the greater part of the night. Unfortunately 2, this hotel is not one of those that offers a pillow menu and so I had to (try and) sleep using the soft and thin pillow provided...A real nightmare for my neck!
The good thing abut the hotel is that they offer free wi-fi, which is very convenient if you are staying there and nee to work and sens emails.
The great thing about the hotel is the room service: I have never eaten so well in a hotel in my whole life! By the way: being Italian I am very picky when it comes to food, so you can't win me over easily. I ordered an onion soup and a lamb with mashed potatoes and mustard: both were delicious and at the right temperature (how i hate when they serve you cold food in your room!). The whole room service menu looked very unusual (no trace of Cesar salad here) and tasty.
I wasn't as satisfied with the breakfast: the quality of the food was not that of a 4-star quality hotel (e.g. chicken sausages vere very fat but at the same time not tasty at all).

Room Tip: Ask for a room that's not overlooking the main road.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank di-TABS
Also consider these accommodations in or near Boulogne-Billancourt
Mercure Paris Boulogne
#6 of 24 in Boulogne-Billancourt
Champs-Elysees
Radisson Blu Hotel Champs Elysees, Paris
Courtyard by Marriott Paris Boul...
#1 of 24 in Boulogne-Billancourt
Hotel Alpha Paris Tour Eiffel
#5 of 24 in Boulogne-Billancourt
Passy
Holiday Inn Paris Auteuil
Holiday Inn Paris Auteuil
#790 of 1,804 in Paris
Kyriad Prestige Paris Ouest Boul...
#2 of 24 in Boulogne-Billancourt

Been to Radisson Blu Hotel, Paris-Boulogne? Share your experiences!