My wife and I and her parents stayed here for 4 nights in 2 rooms, a regular and a 'superior'.
First of all check-in. This took place at the reception desk of the neighbouring Mercure Paris Porte de St. Cloud. Adele was pleasant, polite, helpful and spoke excellent English. We found this to be true of most of the reception staff, particularly Elodie, with whom I dealt the most. The rooms, which they call apartments - a bit of an overstatement - differed in size and in that the superior room had a bathtub whereas the regular room had only a shower. The rooms were bright and clean and were generally as expected. Le Scenarios new policy is that for short stays, the room is cleaned daily; for longer stays, weekly. The beds were comfortable enough and we slept fairly well. It is a quiet neighbourhood, so we were not disturbed by outside noise. We took the Express Breakfast in the bar each morning - juice, coffee end 2 brioches or mini-mini-baguettes for 7 euros. A hot/cold buffet breakfast was available in the restaurant for about 17 euros. We ate out in the evening, the hotel restaurant being a bit pricey. There is a restaurant next door which we ate at once. The foood and service was fine, but the place being otherwise empty, it lacked ambience. The nearest Metro stop is 5-10 minutes walk away. It's a nice neighbourhood so we were quite comfortable walking day or night. The are a few restaurants near the Metro station, one of which, Le Cardinal, was recommended by Adele, and at which we had 3 meals. We were generally happy with the food, service and price. The menu is online at http://www.lecardinalparis.com/
As we checked out, they also recommended the River Cafe, a restaurant in a boat, by the Pont d'Issy.
The Metro ride from Porte de St Cloud is about 20 minutes to Franklin D Roosevelt, which is about halfway down the Champs Elysees.
Suggestions to the hotel:
1) provide some kitchen towel & spray cleaner for the kitchen
2) have at least a limited number of kettles available on demand, if not in each room, Boiling water in a pan or in the microwave is not ideal.
We decided to try staying out side central Paris because of the lower cost and to avoid the noise of the city, particularly overnight. This hotel met those goals. I would recommend it.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hotel offering 73 apartments and studios with equipped kitchens. Excellent location across from Pierre de Coubertin Stadium and the Parc des Princes, close to the Paris Expo Porte de Versailles and a few minutes from the centre of Paris. The Mercure Aparthotel Le Scenario has a private indoor car park. Guests are welcome to relax and enjoy a meal at the restaurant and bar of the neighbouring Mercure Porte de St Cloud. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Hotwire, ACCOR, Travelocity, Expedia, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon, Priceline, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly and HRS so you can book your Apparthotel Mercure Paris Boulogne reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mercure Aparthotel Le Scenario Hotel Boulogne-Billancourt