“Quality rooms and good breakfast”

Courtyard Paris Boulogne
Steenokkerzeel, Brabant, Belgium
“Quality rooms and good breakfast”
Reviewed November 7, 2013

This is the second time I booked this hotel during a business trip. I love the very quiet rooms, which are clean and contemporary.
The staff at the reception is very friendly and the bartender served my favorite drink, a Hendrick's Gin Tonic...
The breakfast at 18 euro offers plenty of choice with tiny but tasteful croissants and the real french baguettes.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (95)
  • Turkish first
Austin, Texas
Reviewed November 2, 2013 via mobile

Paris is one of my favorite cities and this Courtyard is my favorite hotel in Paris. I stayed for 10 days during October 2013.

The outside facade of the hotel is beautiful. The lobby is open and very comfortable.

The front desk staff is very welcoming. I always seem to have a special request every visit and they handle anything with a smile. It is very important that their guests are happy.

The beds and pillows are very comfortable. There is an in room safe and fridge. The room is a good size for Paris. There was lots of room for my suitcase and all the souvenirs I purchased. There were plenty of plugs in the room for charging electronics. As a Marriott status member, the fastest wifi was complimentary. No problem with speed or dropping off of service.

I had a room with a large shower only which I prefer. The bathroom was a good size. Unlike most european hotels, washclothes were available. There was shower gel, soap, shampoo, and conditioner. I would have liked to have lotion in the room.

My room overlooked the courtyard. Very quiet location! I rarely hear other guests.

My weekend rate included breakfast. The cappucino was great! It included scrambled eggs, bacon, pancakes, sautéed mushrooms, potatoes, various breads and pastries, juices, bottled water, fresh fruit, yoghurt, muesli, salami, prosciutto, sliced cheeses, salad lettuce, tomatoes, and sliced cucumbers. They played awesome background music during breakfast!!

There is a self service laundry mat about 5 minutes from the hotel. Very clean and quick. Two loads done in 1 hour 45 minutes.

This hotel is very conveniently located for using public transportation. It takes about 20 minutes on metro line 10 to get to the centre of Paris. Rarely crowded.
Bus line 72 takes about 50 minutes to get to hotel de ville. It is extremely extremely crowded between 4-7pm. Do yourself a favor and avoid during these times. This is a beautiful scenic route but you can't really enjoy it squeezed in the bus:)

I enjoy staying outside Paris in the suburb of Boulogne. Everything I need is conveniently located near the hotel. There are numerous restaurants and cafes. There are 3 places to purchase groceries/food between the metro station and the hotel. There is a Monoprix within 2 minutes walk. Yummy bakeries about a minute away. I spent one afternoon exploring Boulogne and had a great time. It is nice to see how locals live.

Give this hotel a chance and I'm sure you will enjoy it as much as I always do. I'm already looking forward to returning next year!!

Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
4 Thank luv2traveltexan
New York City, New York
Reviewed November 1, 2013

I booked two rooms last week from travelocity but when i arrived, frontdesk said they never received the booking. Juilett the manager called and there was nothing travelocity can do. Juilett then squeezed two rooms and we could stay. thanks Juilett.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
San Diego, California, United States
Reviewed October 30, 2013

Great hotel for the price outside of the city. The hotel is close to the Metro and has some pretty good places to eat nearby. Very clean and big rooms. The rooftop bar is also pretty nice at night with a good view of the Eiffel Tower. Usually got my espresso for free in the morning, but i am platinum member.

Room Tip: Out the front door, hang a left and cross the street and go a few blocks and there is an excellent p...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Mount Dora, Florida
Reviewed October 20, 2013

This Marriott property is very nice. I like to stay outside the city center in an authentic neighborhood, not a tourist center. That is exactly what you get in Boulogne. Nice area with stores, cafés, bakeries, grocery stores, etc. There is a metro stop a few blocks away and a bus to the center of Paris passing in front of the hotel.
The rooftop terrace is very nice, you can see the Eiffel Tower from the roof, although the apartment house next door blocks the lower portion of the tower.
The bad news is, the wifi is terrible. It worked well in the lobby and on the rooftop terrace but very poorly in our room, 505.
The staff were very nice, helpful and friendly. They were happy to speak English with us which was a great help.
Bottom line, I liked the location, the staff and the property, but the bad wifi was a deal breaker for me.

Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank donato1899
Mount Dora, Florida
Reviewed October 19, 2013

We started off slow here but adjusted and liked it well enough in some ways but not in others. Probably previous reviews had me expecting more - like possibly a larger room. Don't expect it and you won't be let down. The standard rooms are very small (we've stayed often in Europe) and I actually had to do a little rearranging to make it workable. We were traveling with a large piece of luggage each along with 2 roll a-boards and 2 backpacks due to being away from home for over a month. We stayed 5 nights from Sept. 29, 2013 in room 505.

We did ask if anything larger was available since often times we will get an upgrade at the gold elite level. They said no, but this may have been due to the long stay and lack of availability or possibly since 3 of our nights were paid for with points.

The bathroom was a nice size with a full size shower. We had some minor trouble with it that was taken care of promptly and cheerfully. The toilet seat would slide off so they either tightened it or replaced it immediately. After 2 days of very low water pressure in the shower I realized the hose was kinked at the outlet and they replaced it. There was sufficient counter space and the bathroom lighting was actually good for women with lighting along each side of the mirror.

The bed was very firm and flat but this I find comfortable. The pillows were flat and hard and this is not comfortable. We got extra pillows but they never had that ahhhh feeling when you lay down at night. The air-conditioner control was able to be set to "-5 degrees" which I assumed meant to lower the preset temperature by 5 degrees C. But the AC ran and ran and it never got cool. I just slept with the covers off and on all night. I really didn't want to keep asking for help as I felt like a pest at this point. This is my fault I suppose as the staff was never anything but polite.

The hotel is immaculate and still smells fresh and new. The outside entry is actually much more attractive than in the pictures you see. I wish I had taken a picture of the front with the large red potted plants - very nice. The location is quiet and is an easy, just over 3 mile walk to the Eiffel Tower. Yes, we did walk and it was much better than the number 72 bus ride back in rush hour traffic. We found it to be horrible packed into a standing room only bus that was sitting in slow moving to stopped traffic for long periods of time. I recommend the subway much more than the bus. It's very easy to use and only a short walk from the hotel and keeps moving. But if you are able, the walk to the city center is easy, interesting, and there are lots of nice little shops and cafes along the way.

Breakfast was not included in our price but we did have the discounted (due to elite status) 6 Euro continental breakfast which is served at the bar in the lobby. It consists of standard drip coffee, juice and 4 pastries - 2 of each kind. It was good although we only had it once since we enjoyed the value available in the local cafes and bistros.

Yes, the rooftop area is nice. You can see the Eiffel Tower in the distance if you walk around to that side. There is no real bar up there and it is unmanned. You can bring whatever you want up there and enjoy it. The wifi worked a little bit better up on the roof if you found the right location. Which brings me to what my husband said is the deal breaker for any future visits - bad wifi.

We had free access to the paid $18 a day wifi because of our gold elite Marriott status. It worked absolutely no better than the free wifi. At least it sure didn't work in our room. It was painfully slow and required constant log on. It was supposed to be daily log on but it randomly knocked us off or sometimes didn't work at all. I would be extra disappointed if I had paid for it. I did mention this to the front desk staff. This is frustrating to those with locked phones and no access through the cellular network - in other words, tourists from outside of France who are the most likely to be staying here. We did adjust to the very small room but it's unfortunate that the wifi isn't better. We do a lot of research on the fly and this was no good and free wifi isn't as easy to find in France as one might think.

It would be "very good" here if you are traveling light and have a working sim card for your phone. For us it was only average. The price is a bit high for what you get. We'd probably look for a different place in another area outside of the city center should we ever return to Paris.

Room Tip: Book the size room you want and don't count on an upgrade.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank mommabean
Stamford, Connecticut
Reviewed October 13, 2013

We stayed for 4 nights in september 2013
was a wonderful experience. Very good service - Good english speaking knowledgeable staff
I had lost my credit card and had some issues calling US from my phone but the staff helped me quickly resolve the situation -

Location - very convenient,safe and easily accessible by train and bus.
Recommended
Enjoy

Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Sachin M
Also consider these accommodations in or near Boulogne-Billancourt
Radisson Blu Hotel, Paris-Boulog...
#3 of 24 in Boulogne-Billancourt
Kyriad Prestige Paris Ouest Boul...
#1 of 24 in Boulogne-Billancourt
Quality Hotel Acanthe
#4 of 24 in Boulogne-Billancourt
Residence Hotel Villa Escudier
#8 of 24 in Boulogne-Billancourt

Been to Courtyard Paris Boulogne? Share your experiences!