“Useful location, but expensive” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Courtyard Paris Boulogne

Courtyard Paris Boulogne
London, United Kingdom
“Useful location, but expensive”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 13, 2012

Stayed here during the 1st week of opening. Provides typical Marriott brand. The service was friendly, the room was fine. Only gripe was the expensive restaurant. Although food was very good, 32 euros for a steak was a bit much!
I will no doubt return, but would at cheaper options first and would not eat there.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank manieast

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (94)
  • Turkish first
London, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 2, 2012

I took my mom for her birthday to Paris and being a Gold Member of Marriott picked this Courtyard Hotel knowing that I would get good service. Little did I know how horrible this experience would turn out to be:

1. Even though I reserved a room with 2 beds and have a proof of it in the confirmation email, the receptionist told me it was not true and said she would only give us 1 bed.

2. After 20 minutes of arguing, she graciously agreed to bring a rollout, which would not fit into the room. Apparently, they had no clue how big their rooms are.

3. They decided to move us to a larger room, but it took them 3 hours to actually find one. This is 3 hours of our valuable time in Paris.

4. I needed an adapter to charge my IPhone and laptop, but apparently they only carry 2 adapters per hotel. I was able to get one only for the last night of my stay and only after reminding them 7 times.

5. After all of that, they still wanted to charge me for the shaving cream, which I get for free at any other Marriott.

6. The location is very suboptimal, quite far from central Paris and about 10 minute walk to the subway station

7. It is quite expensive, and the only reason I reserved it was because I felt I would get good service there as Marriott is a proven quality.

So unfortunate to see these guys spoiling the reputation of Marriott because my experience at Marriott anywhere else in the world has been amazing.

Room Tip: Just don't go there
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
8 Thank George E
Dublin, Ireland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 30, 2012

Very good - nice roof garden, secure parking. Location was good as we had bicycles. Hopefully will pass the test of time - new hotel. Staff very helpful and friendly, breakfast was good. Only negative - asked for a nice local restaurant - one recommmended wasn't great.

Room Tip: Front facing
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank RonanAF
Chicago
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 23, 2012

Only open for 2 weeks when we stayed there. a little bit out of the way but only 4 blocks from the metro. great grand opening special prices. larger brooms and anywhere in paris. very clean and modern. breakfast buffet is worth the price and the only place we could cat american style coffee!

• Stayed March 2012
3 Thank redcavalier
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 19, 2012

This hotel was perfect for me. I am an experienced business and leisure traveler (US based). When traveling for business or pleasure, I try to plan for the best accomodations possible given the budgets of my clients (who pay for my business trips) or my own self imposed (as I do not like to waste money on rent which is what a hotel is, essentially).

I have status at both Hilton and Marriott hotels. On this 10 day trip to Paris, I stayed at a Hilton part of the trip (4 nights), using points, and then moved to this hotel for their grand opening special rates for 5 nights. If I had to do it all over, even though this location is further away from central Paris, I would have stayed at this hotel for the 9 nights -- that is how comfortable and clean I found the bed, bathroom and room/hotel overall.

My only issue: I also had problems with the temperature of my room, although I did not report it. The outdoor temperature was 10-13 degrees c during my stay and after being chilled and rained on outside while seeing the sights, I wanted to go back to my room and turn up the heat and relax. In order to do this, given the warmest temperature in my room of 75 degrees f (but, it was A/C not heat), I had to change into warm lounge clothes and get under the covers. I just read the other guests' reviews, and realized even had I brought it to management's attention, they would not have been able to do anything about it because I guess it is "summer season".

Breakfast was perfect for me. I am a vegetarian and there were plenty of choices. Even though it is not in American culture to have salad for breakfast, I really enjoyed the fresh greens/cucumbers and sauteed mushrooms along with the more traditional breads/croissants, cheeses and various fruits with fresh brewed/bottomless cup of coffee -- I wouldn't have changed anything.

I also found the front desk staff very accomodating and friendly. I think the restaurant (breakfast) staff seemed overwhelmed, by the numbers of guests, and the overall service seemed inconsistent. Some days, they would take used dishes away, other times they would stay there for my entire leisurely breakfast. On a particular day, they were so diligent, they cleared my table of my coffee and silverware, but I just went to get a fresh plate of food. So, basically, it ran the gammit. On another day, I saw a Courtyard worker, eating breakfast with us, at a table/name tag displayed, and thought, hmmm, she must be visiting, surely she doesn't work here, the staff is running around like crazy people they are so busy. But, just a few minutes later, she was walking around the tables, asking if there was anything she could do/get for guests. I thought that was interesting.

Room Tip: I was in 503, a king bed, facing the main street and it was near the elevators. I usually would not...
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled solo
4 Thank snappy2012
Romania
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 15, 2012

We spent 4 days in April in this hotel. Everything would be perfect except the air conditionning/heating system and the internal politics of the hotel. We have 2 requirements in a hotel: to have a quiet room with AC/heating system that can be adjust on the temperature we are used to live. I know it was April,but the highest temperature outside was 13 degrees. When I asked about the heating,I received the answer "sorry,it's summer season"! This is not an answer to receive in a Mariott hotel. We had a long discussion with a very polite lady who offered us other hotels at prices with NO DISCOUNT. Finally we received only one option with a discount in Rennaissance Hotel. We asked about a heating solution,nothing could be done. It's a brand new hotel,everything could have been perfect,the staff is very polite,rooms are clean and nice.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Sunshine_xs
San Luis Obispo, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 15, 2012

we had the introductory rate and with my husbands mariott status we had the free breakfast (we paid cash because it was a decent rate) the food was great .. The folks at the front desk were very sweet.The rooms spacious and beds very comfortable. For the first time in my life my sister and I were very bothered by something very petty.. so dont laugh..The lighting in the lobby bathroom, and bar area was miserable! could be dimmed to create a relaxing soothing, mood that reflects the charm of this place. the lighting had the effect of a overlit christmas tree,a car lot, or supermarket which was painful on the eyes. This place has the ability and great smaller lights which would create a great feeling!! very great set of modern style balls they could put to use most of the time. Must be pretty high on the electric bill too! That aside, all was great!

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
3 Thank michelle s
Also consider these accommodations in or near Boulogne-Billancourt
Radisson Blu Hotel, Paris-Boulog...
#3 of 24 in Boulogne-Billancourt
Kyriad Prestige Paris Ouest Boul...
#1 of 24 in Boulogne-Billancourt
Passy
Hotel Molitor Paris - MGallery Collection
Residence Hotel Villa Escudier
#7 of 24 in Boulogne-Billancourt

Been to Courtyard Paris Boulogne? Share your experiences!