“Excellent Portugese cuisine”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Pedra Alta

Pedra Alta
Good for: Large groups, Local cuisine, Kids, Special occasions, Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Highchairs Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Paris, France
“Excellent Portugese cuisine”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 20, 2013

Fantastic seafood and generous portions. The only minus is that they don't take reservations and it's impossible to get in (you have to wait for an hour sometimes, which is not acceptable to me for a good place). If they start take reservations, it would be a plus.

• Visited February 2013

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Florida
“The best place in Paris”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 11, 2013

We got there at 18:30 which was opening time. There was already a line outside. They opened the doors shortly and we discovered there was plenty of room. It is a very large restaurant. When I looked at the menu I thought it was a bit high until I learned one seafood plate would feed two adults and a child. When I ordered pork chops I was asked if it was for one. The price on the menu was for two.
The service was about the best I have ever had in Paris. By about 19:30 the place was full.
The food was excellent.
I did not feel like I was in a Paris restaurant at all. The service was a little slow, but the place was packed with people.
The people who wrote the bad reviews must have eaten at a different restaurant. I can't say enough good things about this place.

• Visited October 2013
1 Thank watercop
“big portion, good price and most of all, delicious.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 27, 2013

Very crowded but worth the waiting. We order a platter of seafood and a steak, both are delicious.the shrip and oyster are very fresh like they are just coming out from the sea. The steak is about 300g and it only cost 9.6 euro with salad and fries. Would definitely come back for second time.

• Visited September 2013
London, United Kingdom
“My favourite seafood restaurant in Paris!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 28, 2013

Highly recommend! Really Tasty! Good service except long queue! Reasonable price!
Also it is really convince, just outside of the underground station.

• Visited August 2012
1 Thank Vivian_ZWY
Guangzhou
“Yummy, yummy, yummy...wonderful seafood, very reasonable price!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 26, 2013

I read many favorable reviews about this restaurant on blogs and on Tripadvisors and decided to put it in my travel agenda when visiting Paris. My experience of this restaurant was really as good as all the favorable reviews: high-quality fresh seafood of very good value. The menu provided good variety of choices and many looked good. There were several choices of mixed sea food, which was what we were there for. We ordered a platter of mixed seafood for two. When the huge platter was brought onto the table, the huge pile of seafood nearly startled us--- it could serve 4 adults. There were 2 large lobsters, 2 very fat crabs, 3 kinds of shrimps of large quantities, many oysters and shellfishes. The lobsters and crabs were superb. Shrimps were tasty too. I didn't like some of the shellfish. Overall the quality was very good. In the end our stomachs were too full to finish everything in the platter. The platter we ordered was 58 Euros. It could serve 3-4 adults.
The restaurant location is not central downtown but very convenient, only a few meters away from the Marcel Sembat Metro Station(Line9). I had expected to have to wait. It wasn't too bad: the waitress gave us a number for waitlist and half an hour later our number was called. The waiters/waitresses were very friendly.
I will definitely go back if I come to Paris again.

• Visited June 2013