“A place to lay your head”

Hotel B Paris Boulogne
oxford
“A place to lay your head”
Reviewed April 27, 2014 via mobile

We stayed at hotel B last week while on a trip with friends in paris the Hotel rooms indeed are very compact the bathroom had everything you needed but again very tight .our room was overlooking the main road and we had no problem sleeping as the noise level was very light with the windows close . The large windows opened so you could get some air into the room if needed however if you wanted the window open at night the noise may be a problem for some.the bed was very comfortable and we had. Clean sheets and towels . We had to leave the key at reception every time we left the hotel ,that was not Problem for us. We didn't have breakfast at the hotel as we wanted to get out and see the sights there are many patisseries close to the hotel that you could grab a quick coffee and cake on the way. There are plenty of bars and restaurants close by all in all a great time was had

Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank queenietrips

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Guildford, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 10, 2014

Yes this hotel is near the Metro station of Marcel-Sembet but oh dear. This is a tired hotel rooms are really small, bathrooms are cupboards and the lift well if you suffer in confined spaces then its not for you. Had to stay here for one night as normal hotel was fully booked. Yes it maybe be at the cheaper end for hotels in Paris but this just does not do the job. When sitting on the toilet you have to have to have the door open to be comfortable, I'm 5ft 10 and 12 stone so draw your own conclusions.
My advice is to spend more and stay elsewhere

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
St. Bees, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 26, 2013

The hotel is close to the Marcel-Sembet metro station and the 123 bus route, thus is good for people visiting Boulogne-Billancourt and Issy-les-moulineaux. Those visiting the NEA will find that the 123 bus stops near hotel B and the NEA building, reducing the 25 minute walk to a less than 10 minute ride.

The hotel has a make over a few years ago, and now has a modern foyer and rooms. The foyer includes a breakfast room with a nice cold buffet style breakfast and a lift. The breakfast buffer is simple but includes a good selection. The lift goes to the midpoints between floors on the stairs, so if carrying large luggage it id best to go to the next floor up and go down a flight of stairs than go to the floor below and go up a flight of stairs.

The rooms are small but comfortable. I found my room has several power sockets near the bed and desk, so that it was easy to charge my phone and laptop. The toilet and shower were in a small alcove that had been very carefully designed to maximize accessibility for the small space. When I stayed there years ago, the toilet/shower had been difficult to enter and use due to a large wash basin dominating the space, but the redesign has included a small wash basin that makes the whole arrangement must more comfortable.

The bed was comfortable and had a good view of the flat screen television. There was a set of shelves and a rail to hang clothes. The room had both air conditioning and a old style radiator, which kept the room comfortable.

My room looked out on the central of the building and was reasonable quiet, in the past I have had rooms looking out to the main road, and found those to be okay with the windows closed although it can get noisy during rush hour.

The only issue I found was with the internet wifi. First the good - it was free and the signal strength and speed was excellent. Tickets giving access details for 2 days are available from the front desk for free. Now the issue, when you login with the details you have to see a video advert before you can access the internet. Your session is then valid for up to 48 hours but after an hour you need to login again and see another (or the same advert), sometimes this fails to rerun and I found I needed to reboot my machine before I could access the internet again. When using this to access direct internet sites this was not too bad, just a little annoying, but as I was trying to use a VPN with strong security to access and edit files at my home office (which takes more than 15 minutes to negotiate the many passwords, warning pages and start the applications each time) I found this very frustrating especially as the hotel access software seem to be upset by some of my security software and occasionally disconnected me when I shut down an application running on the remote server.

That said I found the hotel to be very good and the room price were reasonable for the area.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed June 20, 2013

We stayed in this hotel june 2013. We were given a room on the gf, that was outside the building, very quiet with dark curtains, the size of the room and the bathroom was very comfortable unlike other reviews. I guess the rooms on the gf are bigger than the others. The only slight inconvenient was the very low light in the room.
The staff was very friendly and helpful. I ll come back to this hotel for sure when in Paris again!

• Stayed June 2013
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 6, 2013

Although not in the city centre, it is only a few mins walk from Marcel Sembat tube station which makes it really convenient.

The staff are really friendly and speak good English.

Room was clean but the shower room was TINY and there was no space to hang up the towels.

The sound proofing was really bad and i heard people moving around and slamming doors. This made it very hard for me to sleep as i kept getting woken up.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
2 Thank RedRose6865
Bratislava, Slovakia
Reviewed December 19, 2012

+ clean & renovated
+ very close to metro S
+ many bars/restaurants/shops in walking distance
+ very helpful hotel stuff

- double room with small bed & very uncomfortable mattress
- bathroom almost in the room! (slide door to the bathroom unable to close completelly).
- very small sink

If you travel alone and if you dont need to stay in the center, this hotel is good choice.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank radim001
devon
Reviewed August 29, 2012

This was in a perfect location for me, close to the Metro and in a nice area with cafes and shops within walking distance. I enjoyed being slightly away from the centre of Paris and the price is reasonable because of this. My room was lovely, much more stylish than I was expecting for the money and really comfortable - loved the soft walls! Size of the room was not an issue as I was by myself. My room was also at the back of the building so very quiet and with dark curtains so I could sleep as late as I liked. Staff were very friendly and helpful and didn't mind at all my rubbish attempts at speaking French. I felt very at home here :)

• Stayed August 2012, traveled solo