“Unbelievable! So poor...”

La Boheme
Ranked #4 of 19 Restaurants in Barbizon
Cuisines: French
Good for: Families with children, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Fontainebleau
“Unbelievable! So poor...”
Reviewed May 26, 2012

Unbelievable! As a French I am always so sad when I am the witness of the really poor welcome that my fellow countrymen offer to the tourists honoring us by visiting France! That was unfortunately exactly the case twice in the same night at this restaurant while I was dining there with my girlfriend. A gentle family of German was really poorly welcomed and last but not least, the waitress refused absolutely to an American gentleman to sit next to his wife (they left immediately) even no one was bothered by this, with a lot of space around the table.... such a shame. Beside this very poor welcome, the food is ordinary, the service (you'll guess..) slow and unfriendly, and the bill high for the dinner. I love Barbizon, and I can assure you that many more restaurants will welcome you better than this one. Do not go there.

• Visited May 2012
6 Thank JackSFontainebleau

The Hague, The Netherlands
“Perfect food!”
Reviewed September 1, 2010

The restaurant has a very friendly staff. The food and drinks are cheap and the taste is just perfect! We were so positively surprised by the honey duck and the steak! They recommened us the perfect bottle of wine to go with our meal.
If I ever come back near Barbizon I'll be sure to visit this restaurant!

london
“Always a favourite”
Reviewed April 26, 2010

Excellent food and wonderful service...it's been the same for over 15 years! And I will continue to go there for another 15 years if it continues.

Beirut, Lebanon
“A very nice countryside...”
Reviewed June 17, 2009

A very nice countryside restaurant with a nice courtyard in the back. A really nice place to have a relaxed dinner overall. The food is above average although you shouldn't expect anything exceptional. don't expect too much action, we got "kicked out" in a way at 11:00pm I guess this is standard in the country side of France, but this should not intimidate you or discourage you of visiting