“No fresh air and small rooms”
Review of Novotel Paris Est

Novotel Paris Est
Ranked #3 of 6 Hotels in Bagnolet
Reviewed April 5, 2014

There is only one small window in the room that can NOT be opened- there is no fresh air anywhere in the hotel.

The fitness room is a joke- there are no free weights or machines only treadmills..
Location is ok as it is next to metro line 3- but is is located right next to a huge highway and in the area around the hotels is not much to do

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with friends
Philippe R, Directeur général at Novotel Paris Est, responded to this reviewResponded April 11, 2014

Dear Customer,

Thank you very much for your comments about your recent visit to the Novotel Paris Est.
Please allow me to apologies for the inconvenience you experienced during your stay at the Novotel Paris Est.

I look forward for another chance to provide you with highest level of service.

Philippe RAGO

Write a ReviewReviews (1,821)

Reviewed March 25, 2014

We visited with our tour group and this was the hotel that was included. The place is very big and clean, The lobby staff very friendly(they can guard your luggage if you arrive early and cant check in or if you have to checkout and still have some time to tour Paris),also the area is very big so you can sit and relax, or even play some video games(they have small rooms adapted as game rooms).The room was good it included a bed and a sofa bed, a fridge with water, a coffee pot, closet, bathroom and towels, tv. The breakfast buffet was very average (and small) only cheese, ham, bread and some scrambled eggs ( that can also be because the tour groups had many people so the crowd was very huge, you even had to wait for a table). But overall it was a good experience, even one person of the kitchen staff looked that we were having some trouble with the metro lines and told us that we can download an app and it would make the routes by itself so we cud move to Paris without problem (and so we did). The metro is very near and you have a small mall with McDonald's, a market,pharmacy and other croissant and coffee places. The problem is you have to make an average of 35 mins to go to the center of paris by metro, but if you have time and plan well its fine.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank DrPaulagrace

Dear Customer,

Thank you very much for you kind review. It is much appreciated and I can assure you that my team will be dilighted to hear that you enjoyed you stay and the convenience of the location.

I look forward to welcoming you back again very soon.

Kind regards,

Reviewed March 19, 2014

This trip stayed in an "executive" room. This was room 1278 had a view of the freeway, queen size bed, sofa & shower only. Otherwise this was no difference from prior room that had 2 twin beds & shower/tub that I have stayed in on the prior visits.

I had made my reservation through the hotels website and had booked a no cancelation no change reservation with pre-payment. However, due to a winter storm my flight was reschedule for the next day arrival. I emailed the hotel to make sure that they knew I still wanted to keep my reservation, however, would not be actually checking in to the next day and I was hoping to have a room available when I arrived. I received an email stating that would be no problem, however, when I arrived I was told that the only rooms available would cost me an extra 20euro a night for an "executive" room or I could wait until 2pm to get into a room "go see the city". I was happy that my reservation was not cancelled, and more than willing to lose the money for the first nights stay for a room I would not even sleep in. However, I was unhappy that no room was available even though there should have been since they knew I was still coming and they did have my money for the room. With that being said...

No real changes have taken place at the hotel since my last stay in March of 2013. Hotel remains clean looking and rooms seem to be clean and housekeeping dose a good job of daily cleaning. Remember to bring your own washcloths only large towels and hand towels are provided.

Breakfast: I went with the City Breaks Option to have daily breakfast included in price of the hotel stay. The last two years this had been a very good option due to getting a little something to eat before starting out for the day. However, last year they changed from brewed coffee to a coffee machine very difficult to use and no improvement this year. Eggs and Bacon, sausage have always been on the rare side, however, this year barely cooked eggs and bacon had a gray/white appearance so I didn't chance it. Cereal, breads and yogurt were available. This year they had added doors on the cold food area shelves.

Many staff are multilingual and their nametags indicate which languages they speak. Quick check in and out. They did let me know that the Metro on Friday was free due to a decrease pollution campaign that was going on in Paris.

Huge plus of this hotel remains it's location to the Gallieni Metro stop as well as the Bus Bagnolet stop. It takes about 25 minutes to get into the city via the metro. There is also a shopping center right next to the Metro and Bus stop with several restaurants, shops and grocery. Felt safe in the hotel being a solo female traveler and felt safe in the day and late afternoon to early evening walking to and from Metro. However, used a Taxi if it was going to be later.

Taxi was 45 eruo from CDG arriving 9am and then 35 euro traveling to CDG around 8am and there are taxis in front of the hotel a large majority of the time.

Room Tip: Due to the Freeway room was a louder than the alley view rooms.
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled solo
2  Thank meh7976

Dear Customer,

Thank you very much for taking the time to post your review. I am delighted to read you enjoyed your stay and found us inconvenient for your needs.

I hope I will have the pleasure of welcoming you back on many future occasions.

Reviewed March 19, 2014

We stayed because of a meeting of friends. Checked in and found we had two rooms booked. Spent the next 3 days trying to discover whether money was refunded. Never got an answer. Hotel is average for business travelers. Close to Metro. We will not be returning

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
1  Thank chloebella0319
Reviewed March 13, 2014

Excellent Reception area. Good family rooms. Good staff. Handy for the metro to the centre of Paris and by car to Disneyland Paris. Have stayed many times and always happy to return. Would recommend it.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
1  Thank DrWill33

Dear Customer,

Thank you very much for your feedback following your stay at The Novotel Paris Est which is invaluable in our effortd to assess and continually improve upon the quality of our service.

I am delighted too to read that our location was convenient to you.

I hope I will have the pleasure of welcoming you back to Novotel.

Philippe RAGO.

Reviewed March 9, 2014

stayed there for a week! not a great hotel, horrible beds, not even a bed, more like a futon, clean, nice lobby, very very far from center of Paris, i won't stay there again! horrible neighborhood! homeless everywhere, restaurant expensive, close to the Gallieni metro station, about 25 min on metro to downtown

Room Tip: get a room close to the lobby, because of the wifi. Look for another options closer to the center of...
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank Marl S

Dear Customer,

Thank you for taking the time to feedback to Novotel Paris Est following your stay and please allow me to apologise for the inconvenience that you experienced during your stay with us.

Regarding your bedroom, I am very sorry if we did not meet your expectations.
I can assure you that your comment is being looked into and will be dealt with accordingly.

I hope we will have another chance to have the pleasure of welcoming you back to Novotel and better meeting your expectations in the future.

Reviewed February 5, 2014

A very clean hotel. It is a bit on the outskirts of Paris, about 30 min. walk to the Eiffel Tower.
The staff manges english, but never smiles. The doormen looked like they had been to a funeral.
There are some good restaurants just 2 min. walk out of the hotel.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Anjana S
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bagnolet
Hotel Reseda
Hotel Reseda
#1 of 6 in Bagnolet
Novotel Suites Paris Montreuil Vincennes
Campanile Paris Est - Porte De Bagnolet
Ibis Paris Porte de Bagnolet
HotelF1 Paris Porte de Montreuil
Ibis Budget Paris Porte de Bagnolet

Been to Novotel Paris Est? Share your experiences!