“Good Hotel in business district for quick trip to Paris” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Novotel Paris Est

Novotel Paris Est
Ranked #3 of 6 Hotels in Bagnolet
Suffolk
“Good Hotel in business district for quick trip to Paris”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 23, 2012

After travelling by car from South East Spain we decided upon a night stop in Paris to take my 2 daughters (aged 8 and 5) to the Eiffel Tower. Whilst the hotel is situated in the business district, there is a SNCF train station virtually opposite the hotel and it is only 3 stops from the Champ de Mars / Tour Eiffel on line RER C. Although bear in mind that the trains do not run quite so frequently as the London Tube.

The hotel rooms are clean and modern with useful in room facilities such as a separate toilet and washbasin in addition to a small kitchenette wardrobe with a kitchen style sink, microwave and fridge.

Separate shower cubicle and bath. Although the shower did not appear to be thermostatic and the temperature changed rapidly from scalding hot to cool. Comfortable double beds and large sofa bed which converted into two singles. Ideal for a family of four.

Reasonable cost for this standard of hotel in Paris and the rooms were spacious which is less common in Paris. Having booked a bed and breakfast rate the presentation of the breakfast was lovely with 2 conscientious staff members, Mr Fussy and Mr Tidy, ensuring that all was tidy and well stocked. Sadly the quality of the breakfast did not match the presentation. The juice was from concentrate, with the ham, meat and cheese from refined and reformed varieties. Sadly the children's breakfast was again high in sugar and refined items. What has happened to natural and wholegrain these days!!

I digress. To summarise, The room was great, towels were a little thin and otherwise more than adequate and very comfortable. I would recommend for location and convenience and would consider a stay again. The parking is secure, underground and easy to access directly from the hotel - and a reasonable charge at €22 euros/day in a main city.

If I stayed again, I would book Accommodation rate only and not a Breakfast rate. Thank you to the General Manager for the Pommery! Much appreciated and thank goodness.... it was not the end of the world.

Room Tip: We stayed in 714 which was a quiet room at the end of a corridor. so 714 / 715 /713 or equivalent n...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank SSquirrell
Novotelparisest, Directeur général at Novotel Paris Est, responded to this review, December 27, 2012
Dear Customer,

We would like to thank you very much for having taken the time to share your experience with other travellers.

We look forward to welcome you back.

We wish you an happy new year.

General Manager.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (57)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Mexico City, Mexico
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 17, 2012

I wanted to take my daughter on a trip due to her 15th birthday, so I got a tour from Iberojet to visit several cities in Europe. Most hotels were bad, one of the worst was the Hotel Novotel Est. located in the outskirts of Paris (approximately 1 hour from the center). We got a room with one bed and the water was stuck on the toilet, sink and shower, they didn’t want to give us a new room so they sent a security guard instead to fix the bathroom with a knife and a package of detergent. He finished several hours later, at 3 a.m. The tour guide had changed the hour of departure without letting us know and when we came down, he had left with the group.
Another thing I would like to mention is the restaurant’s terrible food and service. The chef supervisor of the place was hostile, ugly and didn’t know how to cook and to treat people. Not all of the French people are good chefs and not all of the hotels and tours offered are prime-quality.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Elena P
Novotelparisest, Directeur général at Novotel Paris Est, responded to this review, December 28, 2012
Dear Customer,

First of all I would like to thank you for took to leave a comment on our establishment, and I would like to apologize for the inconvenience caused during your stay.

I communicated the technical problems you encountered in your room, and I am very sorry you were disappointed by the service at the restaurant.

All your points have been taken into consideration and reviewed in order to take the necessary actions.

Be sure that guest satisfaction is our top one priority .

Novotel Paris Est's staff wish you an happy New Year.

Best regards

Philippe RAGO

Travelers are raving about these Bagnolet hotels

london
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 10, 2012

Stayed in the first week of December.
The lobby looks fantastic and you would expect something of that sort with the rooms too unfortunately it was a very big let down.

A very small room with 2 beds even though we were a couple. A small bathroom and WC which did not even have a washbasin.

The least I expected from any hotel was a bottle of water but that didnt happen either.

Front desk staff - very very very rude. Asked if the shop in the hotel sold any cigarettes the front desk lady simply nodded her head. Thats not customer service to me.

Extremely disappointed with the service at the restaurant. We did not opt for breakfast initially, walked in to the restaurant one morning expected our names not to be on the list The next reasonable thing to do is - confirm if opted for breakfast or not and if we said no then they should tell us that we have to pay extra and if we agreed then we could go ahead and have breakfast.

This did not happen - we were asked to wait until someone went to front desk to confirm. We were not even allowed to enter the restaurant and take our seats - when we tried to do so - the woman at the restaurant reception just stood in our away.

Overall, not a good hotel to stay - will not recommend this at all.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank vid k
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 23, 2012

I have been in some other better Novotel, the room was a little small and not very new especially the moquette!
Nothing realy bad but I expect something more for 170€ (+ 16.5€ for breakfast) in Bagnolet.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Novotelparisest, Directeur général at Novotel Paris Est, responded to this review, November 28, 2012
Dear customer,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay at The Novotel Paris Est. We are disappointed to learn that you were dissatisfied with some aspects of you stay.

We would like to apologize for the inconvenience caused, and we hope we will be able to welcome you again for your next stay at the Novotel Paris Est.

1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 17, 2012

For a weekend break, I picked this hotel, to ensure that the access to the local metro system, was good.

Arrived from the airport, and was asked for the upgrade to the executive style suite at a fixed cost per night.

With the information of bath robe would be provide and unlimited Tea and Coffee facilities would be in the room, and a minibar.

Entering the room only to find one bath robe, and a single cartridge for the Nespresso machine, was a little disappoint, but to have a five me conversation with the receiptionist, explaining that I had just checked in and that the detailed upgrade elements where not there. Was even more disappointment.

Description of a "minibar" was loosely attached to the mini fridge in the room, which had two cans of coke,two bottles of water,a bottle of orange juice, and a single can of beer.

I will not be reccomedning this hotel.

Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Mario H
Novotelparisest, Directeur général at Novotel Paris Est, responded to this review, November 21, 2012
Dear Customer,

Thank you to took the tiem to tell us the inconveniences intervened during your stay. We are deeply sorry about the misfortune you account with us.

We have a permanent concern to improve the quality of service wich we wish supply to our customers.
We shall take into account your remarks and we will take the needed action to improve yours next stay with us.

Bergen, Norge
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 16, 2012

I got a serious flea attack during and after my 4 day stay at this hotel. I didn't realize what it was until I came back home and I kept getting more (flea) bites every day. I contacted Novotel via their website and was met with little understanding. They told me they'd checked the beds in the room I'd stayed in, and found nothing. Fleas are not always visible to the eye, and without blood/a host they don't live long. Therefore I did not find their response satisfactory.
It took me weeks to get rid of the fleas. After a while I suffered allergic reactions from the bites. I had to see the doctor several times because the situation got worse and worse. This was a terrible and really frustrating experience for me. There is no chance I could have got the fleas from anywhere else than the hotel bed/room, but the hotel management didn't believe me even though I sent them pictures of my infected skin. Fortunately I got a refund from the travel agency (Travellink) that covered my medical expenses++

The hotel is located outside the city center, but close to a metro station, so we managed to reach all the attractions we came to see.
The room was pretty average. We didn't get any fresh air into the room because the windows were impossible to open (they were constructed that way). The bathroom was ok except for the shower curtains which smelled badly of mold.

I would not recommend anyone to stay at this hotel, and I will never choose a Novotel again.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
4 Thank Lothani
Hyderabad, India
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 16, 2012

One of the highlights of our trip @ Paris was the stay here. We had a room with a view of eiffel tower. The room was very nice and very comfortable.Location was good too! The electric kettle in the room helped us to have a cup of tea whenever we felt like. I would love to stay here again.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Travah0lic
Dear Customer,

Thank you very much for your trust and your comment. I'm really pleased to read that you had a very nice stay with us, and you enjoyed the location of the hotel.

I look forward to welcoming you again to the Novotel Paris Est

Best ragards,

Philippe RAGO
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bagnolet
Hotel Reseda
3.5 of 5 bubbles 1,114 reviews
Novotel Paris Centre Tour Eiffel
Novotel Suites Paris Montreuil Vincennes
Ibis Budget Paris Porte de Bagnolet

Been to Novotel Paris Est? Share your experiences!